Sequel: Call Me Professor
Status: (completed)

Colour Me Slytherin

Colour Me Slytherin -Draco Malfoy Story #5-

Colour Me Slytherin -Draco Malfoy Story #5-


You stared at the leather couches that were placed around the fireplace. "Professors..." You nodded to Snape and Dumbledore, whilst casting a glance at Draco who had been seated beside Snape.

"Ah, Miss Smat." Dumbledore said, looking over the rim of his glasses at you, "Please, come join us, as this also pertains to you."

Taking a seat on the other side of Snape, you stared at Dumbledore with curious eyes.

"You and Draco have been chosen to take part of the Gold Rush tournament." Dumbledore stated, a carefree expression on his features. "Naturally no one else would be chosen, as this is a prefect tournament."

Snape pulled two pieces of parchment from his cloak, handing one to Draco and yourself.

Dumbledores' gaze was steady as he watched Draco tear open the parchment, while you just waited. "As you know, you will be facing off with the other prefects, and the house that wins will get the title of Head Boy, and Head Girl." he smiled at the two of you, as this had not appeared to take your interest, "in addition, there will be a ball held in honour of your house, and the two winners will recieve a the newest broom available, a Thunder Cloud."

Obviously that had peaked your interest, "Sir," you began, waiting for him to look in your direction, "when does this tournament begin?"

"Ah right. Well, the entire school will have two days off for this tournament..." he babbled, "there's a 48 hour time limit you see."

You mentally rolled your eyes, you hadn't asked about time limits. You had asked about when the tournament would be held.

"Yes, it will be starting on the tuesday. So that gives you three nights to prepare." Dumbledore stated, glancing over his rims at the two Slytherin prefects once more. "Well, goodluck then." he said, stepping through the portrait hole, obviously going to tell the other prefects about the tournament.

Snape stood up. "You two better not disappoint me." he sneered, turning on his heel before following Dumbledore out of the common room.

You stared down at the parchment in your hands. Carefully peeling back the seal, you opened the letter and read 'Ten miles off the fourth, a few months a year I hand out my gold leaflettes to those who know how to obtain it.'

"I don't really get it..." Draco stared down at the parchment. "It seems that some guy is handing out gold though..."

You shook your head, and read through the riddle again. 'I hand out my gold leaflettes to those who know how to obtain it.' Re-reading the riddle again, your eyes caught it, 'leaflettes...' "Draco, I don't think it has anything to do with people, look here.." you said, pointing at the word leaflettes, "I don't think thats just a spelling mistake." using your wand, you circled the word. It was your first big clue.

Draco nodded, he hadn't noticed that before. "So its talking about golden leaves..." he muttered.

"Come on." you said, heading towards the portrait hole. "Lets go back to our room, and try to figure this out..."

Nodding, Draco followed behind you. "What do you make of this, Dumbledore having a tournament in the start of the year?"

You shrugged, "He's like, what, 150 years old? He's bound to be at least a little delusional."

Draco smirked, and shook his head, "still, this is a little pointless."

"Ah whatever, it gets us out of classes at least." That was all you really cared about.

'48 hours with Draco... alone...'

'Yah, you know... winning a tournament....or would you prefer to deal with Snape after we lose?'

'Well, we're smart, we won't lose, and maybe we can get some action while doing this tournament.'

'If you were male, I'd tell you to stop thinking with your p*nis..... but you're not.'

'Win.'

'Thats not something to be proud of.'

'Says you.'

'You have blue ovaries don't you...'

'What?'

'You know, the female equilivant of blue balling...?'

'What does that matter?'

'That's what I thought.'

You sat on your bed, looking over the riddle again. "Ten miles off the fourth, a few months a year I hand out my gold leaflettes to who know how to obtain it." you mumbled, "hey, a few months a year, is it talking about a season? It would explain 'gold leaflettes' since the leaves change colour in the fall..."

Draco nodded, "that would make sense. Though, I've never really seen a gold leaf.... More yellow."

"Yeah..." you muttered, not remembering if you've ever seen a golden leaf yourself.

Hours passed as you and Draco discussed the riddle.

Yawning, you stretched your back out as you looked towards the clock. "We should talk about this tomorrow morning..." you stated, grabbing your pj's, so you could change in the bathroom. You turned the tap on, to wash your face, as you put toothpaste on your toothbrush. You scrubbed your teeth quickly, and splashed water on your face to get the oil off. Sitting on the toilet for a moment, you releived yourself before standing up, and flushing. Turning the tap on, you washed your hands.

Draco pulled the duvet to his naked chest as you walked out of the bathroom. "Right..." he muttered, getting up and going into the bathroom to brush his teeth, and to take a leek.

You laid under your duvet, thinking about the riddle. There was something so familiar about it, but you couldn't quite place it. It was as if you'd seen it before, but wasn't sure. Grumbling, you closed your eyes, you'd think more about it tomorrow. Dozing off, you barely heard Draco mumbled a goodnight, before you were out like a light.

"Hey Amy, I'll be there in about a half hour." a younger version of you talked into a cell phone. Steering the car around a corner, you glanced at the road names. "No, just got onto highway four, I should be on Richmond Street soon....."

"Okay, don't forget to take Medway, to get to Wonderland..."

"I know, I've only driven to your place a few hundred times..." you smiled to yourself, while watching out the windsheild. "Oh sh*t, cop, gotta go." quickly you hung up, driving by a cop.

Noticing the cop pay no attention to you, you sighed in relief. You watched the road signs pass uneventfully. 'Twelve mile road...' a few moments later 'Eleven mile road' passed by, then 'Ten mile road.' You slowed slightly, and gawked at the huge tree. Fall had just started, and the leaves on the massive maple tree shimmered, reflecting light.

You opened your eyes, only to be greeted by the all too eager sun rays shining in your face. "Stupid curtains." you mumbled. You heaved yourself up right, with a dazed expression.

"So I thought more about it while you were sleeping..." Draco said, glancing up from his seat in the bay window.

You looked up, and stared at him. You could hear him rambling about the riddle, but didn't really pay much attention. You sat there thinking about your dream. Your eyes widened in realization, "I've got to go to the library!" you exclaimed, looking at Draco with a knowing look. Rushing, you grabbed a pair of jeans, and a t-shirt, not paying attention as you jumped out of your pj's, and into bare nothingness right in front of him.

Dracos' eyes nearly popped out of his skull. You had just stripped right in front of him, and was running around naked. He coughed awkwardly, making sure you knew he was there, still gawking at your slim figure.

You cringed mentally as you heard the awkward cough. You pretended not to notice, as you flung clothes at him, to cover his eyes. You could feel his gaze burn holes into your flesh. Pulling on a bra, and underwear, you slid into your jeans and tshirt, before running out of the room, barefoot.

You pushed a row of first year Gryffindors over, as you came to a halt in front of the library doors. Quickly slipping inside, you noticed Hermoine looking at a massive book. Walking behind her you mentally sighed, she was definatly not on the right track.

Gliding past everybody, mostly unnoticed, you turned down a row of shelves, and heaved out a massive book. Without hesitating, you brought it up to the front desk, and asked to check it out.

"In a hurry today?" the secretary asked, looking at your disheveled hair.

You nodded, before taking the book, and running back to the prefect dorm rooms.

Draco was just about to leave, to go get breakfast. Grabbing the handle, he stepped back, as the door was forcefully pushed aside, revealing you, a mess of hair.

Slamming the book down on a desk, you flipped through the pages frantically.

"What are you looking for?" Draco asked, curiously peering over your shoulder.

You didn't listen to him. Stepping aside, you let him read the page that had a massive maple tree poking through a forest, with shimmering leaves. "That tree..." you said, gasping for air. You glanced at your dorm door, and closed it. Pointing your wand at it, "Muffliato." you mumbled, casting the charm over your door, so unwanted ears couldn't hear.

Draco stared at you, "Well, whats so important?" he asked, apparently hating being left in the dark.

"That tree is on Ten Mile Road, off of highway four." you stated, solving the first part of the riddle, "And during the fall, the leaves are covered in golden flakes, giving it the appearance that its a golden leaf."

Draco smirked, "now we have to figure out how to get to this Ten Mile Road..." he muttered.

You sighed, "thats the problem. Ten Mile Road off of that specific highway is in Canada."

Draco stared at you wide eyed. "Why would Dumbledore send us to Canada?!" he was clearly displeased about this.

You grinned, "no need to worry Draco... Have you forgotten where I come from?" you asked, a devilish glint in your eye, as you stared at him.

Draco grinned. The Slytherins had an advantage. "I guess you being a tree hugger comes in handy." he stated, while dodging your well aimed elbow.

"Yeah well, somebody had to solve this riddle, cause you sure weren't going to." You stated, raising an eyebrow at him.

Draco stared, "well, if your such a genius, how are we getting to Canada?" he questioned, amusment in his tone.

You gave him an exhasperated look. "I haven't thought that far ahead..." you muttered, looking at the floor.

"We could just apparate." Draco suggested.

You shook your head, "too easy.... I'm sure Dumbledore will have some counter measure if any of us do try to apparate..." you mumbled, resting your chin in your hand. After a few moments of thinking, you stepped towards the door.

"Where are you going?" Draco asked, raising his eyebrows slightly.

"Breakfast, I can't think on an empty stomach." you replied, swinging the door open.

"I'll come with you.." Draco said, following you down the stairs, and into the great hall.

Taking your seat on the Slytherin bench, you glanced around, before turning your attention back to your usual bowl of fruit that you normally ate during this time in the day.

"Goooooooooooooooood morning." Lily slid onto the bench right beside you. She stared at you for a moment, with a grin, before looking at Draco.

You sighed and shook your head at her, your face dropped a little, going from the easy going feeling, to a nervous one. "Morning." you muttered between grapes.

Draco nodded at Lily, not really acknowledging her.

"Geez, whats with the two of you." Lily mumbled, looking at you. "You look like you have the flu."

You looked at Lily, "thats it!" you exclaimed, looking to Draco.

Lily looked confused, "Whats what?"

You shook your head at her, "floo powder." you whispered at Draco.

He smirked. You two had this in the bag. Standing up, he looked at Lily and you. "Thanks Lily." he muttered, leaving the great hall.

"Oh my god!" Lily grinned, getting that dreamy expression on her face.

You rolled your eyes, "he's not that great." you stated.

'Well thats the biggest understatement of the year!'

'Gimmie a break! What exactly of this riddle did he figure out?!'

'Hey, he doesn't have to figure anything out, just sitting there and looking pensive is good enough for me.'

'Well it's not good enough for the rest of us!'

'Well, considering I am you, it should be!'

You shook your head, trying to get rid of the thoughts. You had everything figured out. Where you had to go, how to get there.... Now all you had to do, was figure out a place to use the floo powder, since Dumbledore would find it too big a risk to lower the barriers around the school, just for you and Draco.

"What was that all about?" Lily asked, dragging you back to reality.

"Oh..." you looked at her. It took a little bit, but you filled her in on the tournament details.

"Geez, we never had tournaments and stuff like that at our school.." she mumbled, disappointed she didn't get to participate in the tournament.

You smiled at her, "my theory is that Dumbledore secretly wants to knock a few of us off.... probably would cut down on food costs."

Lily smirked, "and prefects is obviously who need to go."she practically laughed, nudging you.

You looked around, "hey, have you seen Seth anywhere?" you asked, wanting to fill him in on the details of the tournament.

"Yeah, I saw him out on the grounds." she said, watching you get up.

"Thanks." Without another word you were out the door, sauntering towards the grounds. Students passed by you as carefree as ever. Stepping around the first years, you passed through the huge front doors of the school and onto the grounds. A crisp breeze flicking your hair about your shoulders, as you spotted Seth meditating.

"Haven't seen you in a while." he mumbled, as you took a seat next to him.

"Yah, I couldn't afford you as a friend everyday." you snickered, taking up the meditation position.

After a half hour, both you and Seth stood up, taking combative stances. Lunging at him, you began telling him about the tournament while the two of you sparred.

The two of you dodged, and attacked each other, blocking, and landing light hits. It was like watching a dance of death, the way you two moved, so intuned to each other.

Draco stared at you and Seth from the dorm room window. He had just gotten back from the Owlery, and had taken up his usual thinking spot when he noticed something brown and purple fluttering down on the grounds.

You fell to your back as Seth pinned you. "Alright, I give!" you said, trying to catch your breath.

Draco couldn't help but smirk to himself, seeing you sprawled out on the ground so carefree. Of course, he didn't like it when Seth was on you, but he got off you pretty well a second later. He sat there just watching you.

You felt a watchful gaze on you, you smiled to yourself, as you watched the clouds float by. A streak of blonde caught your eye, and you looked towards it. Squinting slightly, you saw Malfoy peer down at you, a thoughtful smile on his face. You felt your heart skip a beat as you turned your attention to Seth.

"So have you figured out where your going to floo from?" Seth asked, staring at you intently.

You shrugged, "I'm sure we'll figure it out though.... not like we have much of a choice."

Pulling you up, Seth grinned, "yeah I guess."

You linked your arm with his, as you strolled back to the castle. "I have to go back to the dorm rooms, so I'll see you later, alright?" you called, heading towards the prefect dorms.

"Yeah." Seth called, turning, and walking down to the dungeons.

The next few days passed uneventfully as Draco and yourself prepared for the tournament. Finalizing plans, and making sure you both knew the route to take incase you got split up.

"Ready?" he asked, not facing you, as he pulled a traveling cloak on.

You nodded, leading the way out to the quidditch pitch.

"Classes have been canceled for the next 48 hours, as we watch our prefects do the Gold Rush tournament!" Dumbledore announce, holding his wand at his throat steadily.

You and Draco stood beside each other, as you watched Dumbledore give his announcements.

The rest of the prefects a few meters away, Ravenclaw and Gryffindor prefects stood proudly, confident that they would win the tournament. While the Hufflepuff prefects fidgeted slightly.

Hariet Catwright looked over at Draco and winked at him, blowing small kisses in his direction.

You rose an eyebrow at Draco, "whats that all about?" you asked, jerking your head lightly to the side, as the girl continued to swoon.

"Ah, that..." Draco smirked, licking his lips lightly, "not bad, but she's not the best I've had."

You gawked at him. "That is disgusting." you sneered, a little more hurt than you expected.

"As soon as the clock turns to eleven, the tournament will begin!" Dumbledore finished his announcements, staring down at the four sets of prefects.

"We have to stop at my manor before we go." Draco muttered to you, as the toll chimed. Kicking off of the ground hard, he hovered, waiting for you to follow.

You nodded, kicking off from the ground, you watched as the rest of the prefects headed towards the ocean. "Idiots..." you mumbled, flying in the opposite direction behind Draco.

Your team had to be back, and landed on the quidditch pitch 48 hours from now. You took one last glance at the Hogwarts grounds, before speeding on ahead with Draco.

Coming in for a landing, Draco grabbed your elbow, and dragged you into the massive house. Servants nodded and bowed as Draco walked by, the footsteps ringing loudly through the empty halls. Pulling you to a sharp right, he swung open the doors, and looked into the fireplace. He shoveled a handful of floo powder into a small bag, for the return trip back.

You grabbed a handful, both you and Draco stepping into the fireplace. "O'loean Road Stratford Ontario!" you shouted, throwing the powder onto the ground. You could feel twisting sensations through your whole body. It was uncomfortable, and you never liked traveling by floo, but it was the quickest way to travel over seas.

Draco skidded out of the fireplace first, followed by you.

"Ah that must be them now." you both looked up as a blonde woman came out of the living room of the house.

"Deb." you smirked. A few days ago you sent her a letter, telling her the situation, and how you had to travel by floo powder, saying you should be there at any time this day.

The woman smiled down at you, holding a hand out for you. "How have you been sweetie?" she asked, pulling you into a hug.

"Oh you know.... surrounded by the English." you smirked, glancing down at Draco, and pulling him up beside you. "Ah, Deb, this is Draco Malfoy." you said, introducing your cousin to Draco.

Draco held out his hand, as Deb took it roughly. You watched his face flicker slightly, as he realized how good of a grip your cousin really had.

Deb turned to you, and put a hand up to her mouth so Draco couldn't see what she was mouthing to you. "He is HOT!" she exclaimed silently, lowering her hand and raising her eyebrows at you.

You rolled your eyes, "is the car ready?" you asked, being pulled out of the house, and towards the parking lot.

Deb threw some keys at you, and you caught them easily. Smirking to yourself, you strolled over to the green and silver Lotus Elise. "Well get in." you said to Draco who looked thoroughly confused. "Laws here about letting muggles see magic, are.. well, very strict." you said explaining your muggle transportation.

Draco nodded, leaning the brooms against his shoulder. Pulling the strange device over his shoulder as you directed, he clicked it into the side. Before he could ask what it was for, the car jerked back, and then forward, and out of the driveway. "Woah."

You smirked, "she handles well." swerving past slow moving cars, you sped forward.

Slowing, you turned the car off of Highway Four, and down the Ten Mile Road, where you could see the massive tree in the distance.

"So this is Canada..." Draco muttered, more to himself than anything.

"Yeah, lots of land." you replied, pulling the car over. You unbuttoned his seatbelt, and your own. Stepping out of the car, you looked up at the massive tree, and walked towards it.

Draco looked around, something wasn't right, he couldn't quite place it, but as he walked behind you, he took caution, his wand in hand under his robe sleeve. A blue flicker caught his eye, and he caught your elbow, dragging you towards it.

You stared at the strange flame, not sure what to do. Cautiously you brought your hand up, and held it in the flames. Thinking that was pointless, you slid your hand out. Just as you did, a voice boomed out through the small area.

Image
♠ ♠ ♠
tune in next time to see who wins.. ehehehe.. *evil grin*

~Hazel :)