Sequel: Call Me Professor
Status: (completed)

Colour Me Slytherin

Colour Me Slytherin -Draco Malfoy Story #6-

Colour Me Slytherin -Draco Malfoy Story #6-


"You have to know where I began to really understand. My outside may be tough, but my middle gooey. Just don't find yourself in a sticky situation." a voice boomed out.

"Oh, this is just bloody brilliant isn't it?!" Draco called sarcastically glaring down. "I've had enough of these stupid riddles."

"Oh shut up, and quit being a baby. It's not like you solved the first riddle anyway." You said, dismissing his whiney attitude.

"No, but if it wasn't for me getting us to my manor, we would be on a broom flying across the ocean right now." Draco retorted.

"Oh whatever Malfoy. Quit being such a brat and just think about the riddle." You replied, rolling your eyes. Sure the guy was hot, but that didnt make up for his bratty, whiney ways.

Draco stuck his hand into the flames and pulled it out again.

Yet again the riddle boomed through the otherwise silent countryside.

"Where I began..." You mumbled, ignoring the continually whiney Draco. Looking towards the tree, you investigated the trunk of it. Something within your gut told you not to get too close to it just yet, until you had the riddle figured out.

"There's a burrow right there." Draco pointed out, still annoyed.

You nodded, "yeah, among the roots... Which is where a tree begins." you paused, thinking about the next part. 'My outside tough, but my middle gooey...'

A red maple leaf fell down, landing in your hair, brushing it off, you looked towards the ground. "Its a maple tree.... that has a gooey middle?" you questioned yourself, scrunching your nose disapprovingly.

"Don't maple tree's make maple syrup?" Draco chimed in.

"For a whiney brat, who hates riddles, you seem to be solving this one fine on your own." you stated, not looking back at him. It was true, maple trees did have maple syrup in them.

"Yeah, but I don't get the last part... Find yourself in a sticky situation? Whats that all about?" Malfoy stared at the tree.

"Sometimes, when a tree is leaking syrup, animals will get trapped in the syrup and become encased, or preserved..." you mumbled. It was all clear now. Somehow you had to manage to get to the inside of the tree, and collect some maple syrup, and a golden leaf...

"Well, then just avoid the syrup, easy.." Draco stated, stepping forward.

You looked up, to see the tree shake slightly, something wasn't right. Crows cawed in the background, as a small group of robins took off from the giant maple's branchs. "Draco..." you said, watching the tree carefully, "Draco, be careful..."

Draco scoffed at you, and sauntered towards the burrow in the tree trunk.

You watched as your team mate walked closer and closer towards the tree. "Draco, look out!" you yelled, jumping at him, and pushing him to the side. Just moments before, where you both were standing, lay a massive branch. (think whomping willow.... Canadianfyed)

The tree groaned lightly as the branch lifted, and graced the skyline with its presence again.

"Geezus!" Draco exclaimed, staring up at the massive tree. "So, not only does Dumbledore send us to Canada, he sends us to get murdered by a d*mn tree!"

You looked around, hearing the scampering sounds of animals. "I think the tree is the least of our worries..." you mumbled, watching as wolves, deers, beavers, cougars, and bears hovered around the edge of the clearing. "Please tell me you know how to transfigure yourself into an animal..." you mumbled, not taking your eyes away from the animals.

"Oh yeah right Smat, like anybody in our year has mastered that." he replied, watching the massive tree sway slightly.

"Oh great..." you mumbled, "Do they teach you nothing at Hogwarts?"

Draco snorted, "cause what, they teach you anything here in this backwards country?"

You glared at him, "at least I can morph." you growled. "Here's the plan." you began, listening carefully to the sounds around you. "I'm going to transfigure you..." pausing for a moment, you had to think of what you were going to transfigure him into, "I'm going to transfigure you into a ferret." you sneered.

Draco glared, "oh real original."

You shot him a look, the more he talked, the more he got on your nerves. "Yeah well, it'll get you through the burrow." you retorted, "and its not like you have any better ideas."

Draco rolled his eyes, it was true, he had no idea what to do, but he wasn't about to admit that to you.

"When I transfigure you, you run into the burrow, and I'll meet you there as soon as I can." you said glancing at the animals. "First, we have to figure out what to do with them." cautiously standing up, you made no sudden movements. Any sign of restlessness, and they would attack.

Draco followed your lead, and stood slowly, trying not to cause a commotion.

You turned slowly and pointed your wand at Draco. Muttering a few words Draco turned into a ferret.

Almost immediately the animals charged at you. Pointing your wand to yourself, you took one last look at ferret Draco, "run." you whispered, then you were gone. A black panther took your place.

Ferret Draco watched you point your wand at yourself, look at him and told him to run. You morphed into a black panther, and snarled at the group of charging animals.

You backed towards the tree, forcing the frozen Draco back with you. Nudging him with your back paw, you kicked him down the burrow.

Draco set to work. Since he was so tiny in the ferret body, he could easily avoid the syrup oozing off inside walls of the tree. Reaching an alter, there were four maple leaves of hardened syrup. He sat thinking, this is too easy... There had to be some trap. Edging his way towards the first syrup leaf, he nudged it off the pedestal.

You swiped at the deer that kept charging you, as the wolves snapped at your heels. 'Hurry up ferret.' you growled to yourself. You had already taken care of the smaller animals, now it was the wolves, bears, and cougars that were giving you the greif. You let a snarl rip through your throat, still refusing to move from the spot over the burrow.

Almost immediately the tree began to fill with the syrup, covering the floor in the thick topping.

'I knew it...' Draco thought, narrowing his red eyes. Scampering he picked up the leaf in his mouth, and dragged it to a higher level, allowing himself time to think.

It was down to you and the bear. Still refusing to budge from the spot, you hissed warningly. Blood was dripping down your hind legs, and along your side. If this drew on much longer, you knew you wouldn't survive.
The bear lunged, grappling with you. Trying to sink its teeth into your neck.

A snarl escaped your muzzle, clawing at the bear, you sank your teeth into its shoulder.

Draco listened to the battle up above. Your snarls as you faught off all the wild animals that seemed so advant on protecting this tree. He had to think, the longer he took, the more pain you would be in.

You wrestled with the bear, struggling to knock it out. Growling, you forced your paw on its throat, pressing as hard as you could.

The bear snarled, swinging its heavy paws at you, trying to get you off its neck.

You pushed hard, avoiding the paws as much as you could. And then, nothing. The bears eyes rolled into the back of its head, as it was rendered unconcious. Staggering towards the roots, you slipped through the burrow, and into the heart of the tree.

The ferret looked up when he heard something sliding down the burrow, and come to a halt on the ground. A black panther, staggered forward, struggling to keep its paws from sticking. It finally reached him, and carefully, he jumped on its back, and rode it across the sea of syrup.

Your ears perked up at the sound of voices outside of the tree.

"Ron, I'm telling you, this is it!" an exhasperate know it all voice practically screamed through the still air.

"Well how do you know Hermoine? By the looks of it, its an animal graveyard, not a place to get syrup." Ron retorted.

"Well have you actually used your eyes?!" her shrill voice, starting to give you a spliting headache.

Carefully you crawled back up the burrow, using your claws to help steady yourself. Your hunch of walking through the syrup to get Draco was correct. Your paws sticking to the ground rather nicely, making the climb back to the surface rather easy.

"Oh my god, Ron, look at that!" The bushy hair hiding the girls face, as she pointed at you. "I read somewhere, that black panthers weren't native to Canada.... And look at the ferret riding on its back!"

"Yah, well... There are alot of things here that shouldn't be." Ron said, clearly not cluing into the fact that the panther and ferret were, infact, Slytherin prefects.

"No Ron, thats Alice Smat and Draco Malfoy. Honestly, are you really that dense?!" she shreiked.

The transfiguration spell on Draco slowly started to wear off, as his limbs started to grow again. Taking the maple leaf out of his mouth, he drew his wand. "Cunfundo!" he pointed his wand at Hermoine and Ron quickly.

Ron flew back, he wasn't sure what had just happened, "Oi! Woman!" he called out, "Where are we? What were we doing?"

Hermoine ignored him, blocking the spell. "Expelliarmus!"

Draco's wand went flying back again, into the tree roots. He glanced back, before dropping to the ground, and slinking towards it. (Can we all just picture this for a moment, and how hilarous it would look?!)

Still morphed as a panther, you threw yourself at Hermoine. Pinning her under you, you snarled, barring your teeth. Your claws dug into her shoulders drawing blood.

Hermoine pointed her wand into your rib cage. Slowly your weight grew lighter against her body, and she shoved you back.

"Thankssssssssss." you hissed, your eyes narrowing, pulling yourself into a standing position, as Hermoine mocked your movement. Smirking you lunged at her, looking as if you were about to punch her.

Hermoine braced herself for the incoming punch as you threw yourself at her. She stared in shock, as you brought your knee upwards, and into her gut. Bending forward, she only flew back, after being elbowed in the face.

You grabbed Draco by the shoulders, who had successfully dodged the flailing tree, and obtained his wand. Practically dragging him to the car, you jumped into it, not having the time to care for your wounds. Throwing the car into drive, you quickly U-turned, starting the journey back to your cousins.

"Where'd you learn that?" Draco asked, casting glances behind him.

"Learn what?" you asked harshly, your breath shallow, as you concentrated on the road.

'Bloody hell.... just look at her...'

'Battle scars...'

'Hey, she protected your arse mate... and well, she looks d*mn fine... ya know, with her hair a mess, and everything..'

'I could've done just as equally well against all those animals. And for once, will you stop trying to figure out a plan to get laid?! Wow.... Never thought I'd be saying that...'

'Right mate, you were a ferret... And I'm as equally shocked as you...'

"Where did you learn to transfigure?" he asked, trying to ignore his thoughts.

"How do you expect we survive in Canada.... We have to blend in everywhere, its basic first year stuff." you muttered, glancing towards the sky.

(Back from a long morning of playing with dolls hair.... Yeah, I got paid for that too :o)

"Oh..." he muttered in response. Apparently magic in Canada was completely different than England.

The rest of the ride back to your cousins's place went by quietly.

Knocking on the front door, you walked into the house. Rummaging through Deb's bathroom drawers, you found some gauze and alcohol. Soaking a piece of cotton in alcohol, you lifted your shirt, revealing large gashes along your ribs. Carefully you dabbed the cotton onto your wounds.

Draco watched you. He was the man, he should've been the one taking on all the animals, instead, he was the one cowering inside a giant tree.

'It's not like you had much of a choice, she transfigured you into a ferret!'

'I could've argued more.'

'Then you would've just made her angry.'

'Yeah, but I'd be the one all beat up...'

'Mate, you'd probably be dead....'

'Probably.'

He sighed in defeat, looking up he watched as your cousin walked into the room. He nodded to her, not really in a mood to talk.

"Oh, you're back already?" she asked, starting to get nervous.

Draco glanced at her, "yeah, we'll be leaving soon though." he stated, trying to not be a bother.

You came out of the bathroom, fresh gauze on your wounds. "Hope you don't mind, but I had a little bit of trouble..." you said, smirking at her.

She shook her head, "Oh, not at all..." glancing between the two of you, her face and eyes become more nervous. "I'm afraid I have more bad news..." she said, looking away, "The Parliment had noticed the use of floo powder.... and well..." she pointed to the now demolished fireplace.

You stared, "geezus, they're moving faster..." you stated, crossing your arms slightly impressed.

Draco stared wide eyed. "How are we going to get back!?" his voice panicked as he looked between you and Deb.

"Well..." you sighed.
♠ ♠ ♠
That's it for today... I'm poopped... TT__TT

~Hazel :)