Sequel: Call Me Professor
Status: (completed)

Colour Me Slytherin

Colour Me Slytherin -Draco Malfoy Story #9-

Colour Me Slytherin -Draco Malfoy Story #9-


Even though you knew Draco was going to ask you to the ball, it still took you off guard a little bit. You stared at him, and as you stared, you could feel your heart trying to break through your chest.

Draco watched nervously, maybe he had been wrong, maybe you weren't willing to go with him at all.

'Maybe this, maybe that... Grow some balls will you?'

'For once, I'm going to agree, whats the worst that can happen?'

'Uh, she laughs in your face and says no...'

'In which case, we go find a hotter girl to take.'

'Uh, one small problem with that theory.'

'What?'

'Alice Smat is the hottest girl in school!'

'Right.... well mate, she says no, you're f*cked.'

Draco mentally kicked himself, the longer he had to wait for an answer, the more nervous he got about being rejected.

"I would love to..." you nearly whispered, catching his gaze. Smiling at him, you sat up in bed, and grabbed his wrist lightly. "But I swear to god, if you step on my feet all night." You uttered threateningly, but of course you were only joking.

Draco smiled, "I'm a good dancer." he stated flatly, standing up fully, and stretching. He heaved a sigh of relief after you walked into the bathroom. That was one of the most terrifying things he ever had to do, and it turned out well.

You plunked yourself down in front of Seth at the Slytherin table, for breakfast. "I brought something back for you." you stated, handing him a bottle of syrup.

Seth stared at it, "is this what I think it is?!" he faked excitment, as he pulled the cork off the top of the bottle. Drizzling the syrup over his pancakes, he took a bite. ".... Can I marry this syrup?" he asked, staring up at you.

You laughed, "I told you Canadian syrup was better." grabbing a piece of toast for yourself, you glanced around the rather deserted great hall, "so, I have some news..." you said, feeling your cheeks turn hot.

Seth stared at you, your cheeks were growing red, "Hmm?" he asked between mouthfuls of pancake.

"Draco Malfoy asked me to the ball." When you said it, you felt the familiar butterflies flit around your stomach.

Seth stared, "and what did you say?" he asked, fake excitment was evident, as he played it up. It was as if he was a gossip collumnist, deprived of any good gossip.

You stuck your tongue out at him, "I said yeah..." you watched his face for a reaction.

Seth jumped up slightly, overdoing his fake excitment, "oh my god, oh my god!" he exclaimed, fanning his face with his hands.

You laughed at him, "Yah, laugh it up chuckles."

Seth took a seat on the bench once again, shaking his head. "seriously though, why Malfoy? Since we've been here, you've hated each other."

You shrugged, "I guess things have changed.." you stated, not really knowing the answer yourself.

'It's because we have the hots for him... Just accept it.'

'No, it's because he isn't as much of a jerk as we thought.'

'Why do you keep denying it.... We like him, and you know it.'

'No, we don't.'

Seth rolled his eyes, "or, maybe he just wants in your pants, so he's only playing nice." he stated, turning his attention back to the pancakes.

You sighed, "I guess we'll see..."

You listened to Snape drone on about ingredients, as you stared aimlessly around the room, your head rested on a hand. A pointer was slammed on your desk, making you look up at Snape.

"Miss Smat, care to repeat what I just said?" he sneered. Even though you and Draco won the tournament, he still tried to make a fool out of you every class.

You stared back at him, with a bored expression. "Not really." you muttered, refusing to back down.

Snape stared down at you, "I suggest you pay attention then."

"I was. I just feel that if I repeat everything you just said, everybody in this room would fall asleep." you stated flatly, still staring at him.

Snape's eyes narrowed at you. "10 points from Gryffindor." he said.

Outrage burst out on the other side of the room, "We had nothing to do with this!" Harry exclaimed, sending death glares to you and Snape.

"Well obviously it has been Gryffindor influence that has made that snarky comment." he sneered, watching as Potter sat back down.

You rolled your eyes at Snape. Just because he was a grumpy old potions teacher, who was in desperate need of getting laid, didn't mean you didn't have the balls to stand up to him.

After a long day of classes, you pretty much dragged yourself towards the prefect common rooms.

"Alice!" A voice called out from behind you.

You slowed your snail like pace, while waiting for the person to catch up to you.

"Hey," Tom panted, slowing his pace after his sprint after you. "Wanna go to the ball thing with me?"

You stared at him, "oh..." you said, giving him an apologetic look, "sorry, I already got a date...."

Tom rose his eyebrows, "oh..." he muttered, he was so sure you'd go with him.

"Maybe Lily or Becca don't have a date yet..." you said, patting his shoulder lightly.

Tom shrugged, sure, he liked Becca and Lily, but he liked you. "Becca is probably going with Taylor..." he stated, "I'll go see if I can find Lily..." Tom stepped past you, and ran down the hall again.

You sighed in relief, glad that Tom didn't look too upset. Going back to your slow walk towards the prefect common rooms. All you wanted to do right now, was take a nap, and shower.

Draco had been incredably happy all day. The only girl in the whole school he could imagine being on his arm for the ball was you, and you agreed to go.

You pushed the door to your and Draco's room aside. Slinking in, you collapsed on the bed. Too lazy to cover yourself with the blankets, you laid ontop of them, and drifted off to sleep.

When you woke up, you went into the bathroom and started the shower. Stripping off your clothes, you stepped into the warm stream.

After what seemed like forever, you stepped out of the shower, and wrapped yourself in a towel. Uttering a spell your hair dried, and rested on your back in loose spirals. Pulling on a pair of capris, and an old t-shirt, you put your feet in a pair of peektoe heels.

Draco looked up from his late dinner when he heard the great halls doors open. He shook his head when he saw you walk in, his heart nearly skipping a beat. Even though everything you were wearing was completely miss-matched, it looked good. "Hey..." he said, as he watched you take a seat across from him.

"Hey..." you mumbled, looking at the food on the table. You decided on a hamburger, and grabbed a few toppings, and put it on it.

"So, do you have a dress for the ball friday?" Draco asked, not looking up from his steak.

"Yeah..." you practically hummed. The idea of you going with Draco Malfoy was insane, but you couldn't help but feel so happy about it. The whole time you've known Draco, you hadn't realized how nice he could be. He was always such an arse.

"Whats it look like?" he asked, "Snape said the house representitves have to dress in house colours..."

You nodded, "I know. And you will see the dress friday night." you stated, giving him no details.

He smirked, "or I'll just see it when you're getting ready."

You shook your head, "I'm getting ready with Lily, and my dress is already in her room, so, you really won't."

"Well, that's hardly fair." he stated flatly, "what is with you women and leaving everything to be a surprise?"

You shrugged, "we like seeing your reaction." you stated simply, taking a bite out of your burger.

Draco had finished his dinner, but he sat around and waited for you. "So I guess I'll meet you in the Slytherin common rooms around seven? he asked.

You nodded, popping the last bite of hamburger in your mouth. Swallowing the food, "sounds about right." you spoke, while getting up.

Draco followed your lead, as the two of you walked towards the great hall doors, to go back to the prefect common rooms.

You rubbed your arms lightly as you passed a window. It had started snowing, and here you were, being a genius and wearing a t-shirt.

Cautiously, Draco draped an arm around your shoulders. "Can't have you getting sick before the ball." he shrugged, holding the portrait door open for you.

"I heard Dumbledore has allowed a day off school tomorrow so everybody could get the last minute preperations they needed for the ball tomorrow night..." You stated.

Draco nodded, "yeah, we're all going down to hogsmead." he studied you, trying to figure out what you were getting at.

"Wanna come with Lily, Becca, and the rest of us?" you asked, non-chantingly.

Draco stared for a moment, "sure..." he shrugged, it was originally going to be him, Pansy, Crabbe, and Goyle. He shuddered at the thought of spending time with Pansy.

You smiled, walking over to your bed and grabbing your pj's. "Okay.... wake me up if you get up before me, we'll go to breakfast together." closing the bathroom door behind you, you did a small dance. Things were looking up for you.

The next morning, you felt somebody poking you. "It's too earlyyyy." you whined, pulling the covers over your head again.

Draco sighed, grabbing onto the duvet, he tugged it away from you. "Come on or we're going to be late." he said, a smirk growing on his face as you reached for the blankets again.

"Urggg. Fine!" you nearly shouted, sitting up, a dazed expression on your face. "Give me ten minutes." You walked into the bathroom, clothes in hand.

Draco looked up to the sound of a door opening. "Finally ready?" he teased, looking you up and down.

You shot him a look, "just be happy I don't take forever, like somebody." You stuck your tongue out at him.

The two of you made your way down to the great hall, pushing past Gryffindors and Hufflepuffs. Shoving the doors open, you found your group, and sat down with them, Draco sitting next to you.

Lily, Seth, and Tom all stared at Draco, who stared back.

Lily leaned over to you, "uh, what's going on?" she asked, whispering in your ear.

You shrugged, "I invited him to come to hogsmead with us.... since none of you guys have ever gone before... He'll help keep you from getting lost." You stated, referring to Lily, Tom, Becca and Taylor.

Seth stared at you, giving you the 'wtf' look.

You just stared back and shrugged.

The breakfast passed awkwardly, nobody really said anything, and just sat chewing their food.

You couldn't take the awkward silence anymore. Finishing your toast, you stood up, "are we all ready?" you asked, as Becca and Taylor came up to your table.

"Yeah." Becca and Lily said in unison. They looked at each other and burst into a fit of giggles.

The rest of the group stood, and you headed towards the doors, and out onto the courtyard.

Wrapping your cloak around yourself tightly, you mentally kicked yourself for not wearing something a bit heavier.

Professor McGonagall said her piece, and started the treck down to hogsmead.

You grinned, and pointed to a tea shop, "Becca, Lily, lets go!" practically dragging them into the cozy shop. You casted a glance towards the guys, "You coming?" you asked, disappearing into the shop.

Your group sat there, sipping on hot tea or coffee, deciding what to do for the day. Lily and Becca had decided that they wanted to go find a nice dress for the ball later that evening, and the guys still had to find dress robes, and a flower for their date.

Draco sat in the corner of the table, listening to the banter, and giggles of the group around him. He had zoned out, loosing himself in his thoughts.

"Are you coming?" you asked, staring at Draco. The rest of the group had left the crowded shop.

"Huh?" he looked up at you, "oh.. yah." he mumbled pulling on his cloak.

"Alright, well, I guess we'll see you guys in about two hours?" you asked, looking at the guys.

One by one they nodded, and then took off. Draco in the lead, showing everybody where to get the best dress robes.

"Alright ladies, follow me." you smirked, leading the way to the small dress shop. Shoving the two girls inside, you looked around, it was a bit crowded. "I'll be back in a little bit." you said, motioning with your hands that the store was too crowded.

Becca and Lily nodded, watching you walk out of the store.

You took a deep breath of fresh air, and wandered towards the little sweet shops, and such. You had no idea what happened, but you felt a sharp tug on your arm, as you were dragged into a dingy allyway, a hand clamped over your mouth. Narrowing your eyes, you stared at the person.


Image
♠ ♠ ♠
ah.. cliffhanger.. *^*

~Hazel :]