Status: ON HOLD

There's No Other Person Like You.

Rivals Collide

Matthew walked up the steep hill in a slow pace, the sun’s rays shining brightly on him. He held his school bag behind him as he breathed in the cool air. In the distance, he could make out the school’s building and dormitory as he walked. It was another new year in South Badge University, an exclusive school where all the smart students study in. He thought about what had happened two months ago; his loss, his downfall, him being rank two… He cleared those thoughts away. Why hadn’t he won last time? Hadn’t he given all his best, his effort in his studies? He sure did get lots of compliments from the teachers, too. He rubbed his chin and sighed. He was already nearing the school’s gate which was jam packed with lots of students trying to enter the school grounds. Life was unfair. Lucia had already gained more than three rank ones last year and the other year, so why hadn’t he? Well, he did rank first in the final exam the other year, so what had happened? Why hadn’t he ranked first last year? He finally reached the gate when someone slapped his back, making him gasp in surprise. He received another slap when he turned around in annoyance. “Hey, what the hell do you think you’re—“ In front of him were two familiar people who were grinning like total idiots. Well, they were really idiots. They looked so much alike that it was hard to differentiate who was who, and both had the same brown hair as Lucia’s. Their autumn eyes sparkled as they stared at their friend. Matthew’s face lit up at the sight of the twins.

“What do you think we’re what?” One of them asked while the other laughed out loud. “Whoa, you guys are still alive!” exclaimed Matthew. The one who laughed out loud wore that are-you-fing-kidding-me face. “No freaking duh, dumbass.” The other male shook his head in disappointment. “Why would you think we’re dead, Matthew? Shame on you man, you’re like the second smartest student in this school.” Matthew winced at his comment and tried hard not to recall last year’s incident. “Right.” He cleared his throat and grinned. “But I’m glad both of you are back. You wouldn’t know how much I missed your jokes,” he chuckled. “N’aww, I’m touched,” said the guy who made Matthew wince. “Shut up, Ethan.” They laughed while the other boy blew his nails and rubbed it on his top. “Well, we didn’t miss you, Mattie boy.” Matthew raised his eyebrow. “Oh suuure, Robin.”

Even though it was hard to distinguish who Ethan and Robin were, Matthew knew who was who through the sound of their voices. Well, sure, they may sound alike, but there was this teensy bit difference in their voices. He just knew. The guy who’s known as Robin shrugged. “What? It’s true.” Matthew just rolled his eyes as his reply. “By the way, what’s up?” “Yeah, anything interesting happening in your life?” Matthew let out a sigh. “Well, you know, the usual.” The two nodded their heads in unison. “How about you guys?” Matthew faced the twins. “The sky?” they joked, their fingers pointing upward. Matthew raised his eyebrow and smiled. He never got how both of them could actually do things at exactly the same time.“Haha, how funny.” Robin smiled while Ethan just scratched his head. “Actually, we’ve been feeling kind of off.” “Mmhmm. We had to endure our sister’s constant blabbering about her victory, so on and so forth. You get the picture.” Matthew scowled at the thought of Lucia boasting to everyone about how she won over him. That little… Just then, a girl’s laugh sounded nearby, making Matthew stiffen. Ethan and Robin heard it too and felt their best friend tense. They both face palmed in dismay. Oh God, no.

The moment Lucia laughed at Elli’s story, she looked at her brothers’ direction, making her frown in utter disgrace. “Oy, you two.” The twin brothers faced their sister, not wanting to hear what she had to say. Elli looked at them and waved, always in an energetic mood. She is one of Lucia’s close and trusted friends. She had beautiful auburn eyes which glinted every time and short, strawberry-blonde hair. “Ethan, Robin! Hey!” The two waved back and managed to wear a grin. “You guys left me, thanks a lot. Good thing Elli showed up, or else I would’ve been walking alone like a stupid loner.” Ethan and Robin heaved out a troubled sigh. Seriously. Will their sister ever stop complaining? Lucia folded her arms across her chest and slowly turned her head to face her childhood rival, Matthew Flint. She smiled ever so sweetly but Matthew didn’t move a bit. He knew that behind that innocent smile there was a demon ready to rip his brains out. “We meet again, Matthew Flint,” spoke Lucia in an eerie tone of voice. Matthew didn’t budge. “Have you moved on with your loss, or is the thought of your failure last year still replaying in your mind?” Now Matthew did move. He cringed just remembering his name ranked second. “Shut up, you bitch. We’re not yet done with this.” Lucia flipped her hair (it’s a habit of hers) and grinned devilishly. “Right. We’ll see, Steamed Tofu.” “Don’t. Even. Start.” “Steamed Tofu.” “SHUT UP!” Matthew was about to ram into Lucia when the twins held him back in time. “Hey, hey, easy, Mattie boy!” “You wouldn’t want to ruin your first day of school, wouldn’t you?” Matthew clenched his fist. “Even if it means causing some huge trouble, I ain’t going anywhere once I beat the shit out of your moronic sister.” Lucia flinched. “W-Watch your words, you filthy piece of crap.” She faced her brothers and pointed at them commandingly.

“Take your best friend right away before I tear him to shreds.” Gasps of amused students who had been watching them the whole time put their hands to their mouths. Ethan and Robin nodded their heads and dragged Matthew away from their sister. “Come on, Matt!” “Let’s go, you idiot!” Matthew let himself be dragged away by his rival’s brothers while he glared at Lucia icily. Lucia avoided his gaze and went on to get her school stuff. The twins who had been dragging Matthew behind them halted and faced their ever-so-competitive friend. “Matt, don’t get yourself into trouble, especially with our sister. She’s hard to comprehend with, trust me.” Matthew came back to his senses. “Yeah, I can see that,” he said in exaggeration. “You know, forget it. You’ve got to move on, Matt. We know you can beat her in the final exam. You ranked first in the second term last year and the other year, you know.” Matthew put his head in his hands. “Yeah, I get it. Sorry guys. I’ll keep that in mind.” He turned and treaded towards the school building in absentmindedness. They shook their heads in disapproval. “Aish, that dude … he should control his temper, seriously.” “True that.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, so you might have noticed the difference of my writing style now. Actually, I plan to change some things a bit, so... yeah. Please don't forget to subscribe ! *bows*