It's Death or Victory

04

Miss was sat at her desk, obviously freaked out as Mikey and me waited for Frank to come round. I can’t believe the day I’d been set to look after him he’d had a fucking fit. Mind, he’s unluckier than me, that’s his second today I think… Mikey got up and went to get Frank a drink and something to eat for when he woke up; we figured using up that much energy that fast he’s going to be fucking hungry as… After a couple of minutes Frank moved his hand up to his head and rubbed it gently. I laughed quietly at him. He was pretty pale and shaky so I helped him sit up.
“Thirsty?” I asked, grabbing the glass of water Mikey had gotten him. He nodded. I fished one of the tablets out of the bottle and dropped it into the water, watching it fizz and dissolve. I handed Frank the glass and he gulped it down. I smirked at him. He was actually pretty cute… He quickly ate the Hershey’s bar that Mikey got him and seemed a lot happier. I laughed at him. Miss excused us from the lesson so Frankie could recover. I led him out the class and onto the field behind the school to get some air. He sat down shakily on the grass and rested his head on his knees to let the dizziness pass.
“You okay now?” I asked softly, rubbing his back in circles under his shirt. He grumbled something like no thanks to that bitch of a teacher. I laughed, for someone so cute he had quite the voice. I mumbled in agreement. “I barely know you, I know your name and that’s about it. What happened this morning? Like all of it…” I inquired, wanting to know more about him.
“I don’t remember most… I had a fit, and then woke up in hospital… Apparently your brother called 999, and I kept like half dying on the way… I woke up earlier than they expected too… I wasn’t really stable but since I was conscious they ran a freaking load of tests since they didn’t know why I’d had such a long fit. I think it came up on a brain scan that it was some kinda problem in my head and they diagnosed it as Dravet’s… I was wheeled out and brought back to school, still feeling sick… Then when I got into class I remembered I needed my medicine and you know what happened past there…” He mumbled softly, obviously still recovering.
“You should lie down… You’re still getting better.” I told him, helping him lie down in the long grass. I sat crossed legged beside him stroking his hair. “That must have been scary… I’d find it horrible everyone being so fussy over me.” I conversed, to which he laughed.
“You have no idea… I hate it, everyone’s been talking all day as if I could die at any second, when realistically there’s only a small chance a fit will be that dangerous seeing as my tablets should put them off and the injections should stop most of them. I don’t see why people are so cautious of it. I say I’m fine and I really am… I like having you watching me though; it makes me feel better… To know if I do get that bad I wont be lying in a gutter dying, there’ll be someone making sure I’m safe and calling 991…” Frankie chatted.
“I can imagine. It’d make me more nervous!” I laughed, he chuckled back.
“Yeah I guess… I dunno how my mom’s taken it though… She just left me with my friends in hospital, like she didn’t care.” Frankie murmured, only just loud enough for me to hear. Glancing down at the pale skinned boy lying in the grass beside me, I don’t know how someone couldn’t want to protect him. He needed it, and he was so special. Colour was slowly coming back to his cheeks, as if his muscles were starting to warm back up. He sat up, mumbling that he felt a bit better. I sat behind him so if he collapsed I’d catch him.
Frankie leant back a bit so he was lying with his head on my lap. He started singing quietly under his breath.
Turn away
If you could get me a drink
Of water cause my lips are chapped and faded
Call my Aunt Marie
Help her gather all my things
And bury me
In all my favorite colors,
My sisters and my brothers, still,
I will not kiss you,
Cause the hardest part of this,
Is leaving you.


I listened quietly to what Frank was singing, I’d never heard a song like it and I knew my music well. By how hesitant he was I could tell he was making it up as he went, but it sounded amazing. He looked up, and I noticed his eyes were slightly tearful.
“Gee…I don’t wanna die.” He whispered, barely loud enough for me to hear.
“I wont let that happen.” I stated, leaning down and softly kissing him.
Where did that come from!?!
♠ ♠ ♠
Pleeease comment i wanna see whos reading and what they think of it/ what they thinks gonna happen :D spread the word ;) XD any suggestions of what could happen would help :D i like very dramatic stories if the 3 previous chapters needed explaning for being so mean to poor frankie :P XD thought a fluffy romantic one was due ^_^

Duckie xxx

p.s- the lyrics are cancer-My chemical romance