Status: hiatus.....maybe-- =.=

Right Here Waiting

Right Here Waiting -Toushirou Hitsugaya Story #1-

Right Here Waiting -Toushirou Hitsugaya Story #1-


First Encounter


"Kazama-san....Kazama-san"

I looked up, blinking. A small yawn escaped my lips, as my jade colored eyes fell upon the person who had woken me up. Or at least had tried to.

It was a girl from class. Still half asleep, I surveyed the area around me. "Oh...class is over already?" I mumbled, mostly to myself, since the girl didn't give me so much as a glance as she walked away from me.

With my senses fully awake now, I got up and began gathering my stuff. Running around at night was beginning to affect my sleeping habits...

But that wasn't the reason why most of my fellow classmates refused to get close.

Of course, who would, when you have a bit of a reputation of being a bit of a delinquent. No one even spoke more than 3 words to me, unless it was necessary. No one kept their glances on me for more than 3 seconds either. It was almost like I was a ghost floating around a person who didn't believe in such things. I was there, but they refused to acknowledge me.

It wasn't always like this though. It only started when... I shook my head a bit. No. I would not think about that. No way.

My long midnight blue hair swayed a bit, as the wind played with it. It didn't take long to get home. It was a small, but nice looking house in a quiet neighborhood. Such a nice placeit used to be my safe heaven.

Used to be.

I didn't bother announcing my arrival, knowing very well there wasn't anyone to welcome me home. Nor will there ever be. This was my house, and mine alone.

Without even stepping inside for 3 seconds, I turned around and went out the door again. All I needed to do here was drop off my bag. There was no need to change clothes, since I totally ignored the uniform rule at school. Nope, no ridiculous skirts for me.

At the moment I was wearing all blackpants, a really thin sleeveless turtleneck, and a black coat over it. Of course, there was also my fingerless gloves which I never was seen without.

It didn't take long to get a safe distance away from the house. My legs had brought me to the docks, which was filled with boats and warehouses of merchandise of all kinds. There was this old abandoned warehouse that I had gotten used to, mainly because it was where I spent my time when I was here at the docks. Just as I pushed open the entrance, a small boy came running in my direction.

There was a look of pure terror on his face.

"Lady! You need to get out of here! Hurry! That monster thing is coming this way!"

My eyes widened in confusion. "What monster?" I asked, and that's when I noticed it.

There was a chain on this young boy's chest.

He was dead.

I felt my hands shake, but I still grabbed his thin shoulders, and pushed him behind me. The fact that he was dead only made this monster even more frightening. What could possibly cause harm to the souls of the dead? I'd be lying if I said I felt completely brave at the moment... but I wasn't given time to think about it, because a loud noise was heard, and box after box fell from that stack to the right.

And that's when I saw one of the most frightening things in my life.

It was large in size, and a complete twisted up mess. One would call it a monster, yes, but there was this thing.... a mask of a sort on it. It threw the remainder of the boxes out of its way, and began advancing on us. Automatically my body went into a defensive stance. "Hey, kiddo, whatever happens, stay behind me. If it gets really bad, run for it. Okay?" Although I didn't look back at him, I could feel him shaking in fear.

"Oh no, no, no, I was going to eat the little one there, but your soul smells much more delicious..."

Wow. I didn't know the thing could speak.

All of the sudden he -which I'm guessing it was a he- lashed out with unbelievable speed, and I barely had time to dodge the attack. I rolled on the ground and hit the wall rather hard. After struggling a bit, I was back on my feet.

"Heh...what was that? You call that an attack?" A smirk came to my face, and I charged right at him. I managed to dodge another attack, but the next one that came at me, I countered with a kick. I made contact with his mask, and by the force of the kick, it cracked. The crack traveled downward, and the mask split in two. One half came falling off. The sight was horrifying.

Underneath the mask was a face of a man... A human being!

"W-what? What's going on here?!" My whole body shook, and I stood there, trying to make sense of it all. Just what was this thing?

It's hand shot out again, but after seeing it's face, my legs just wouldn't move. It made contacthard. I was sent flying, and I landed on the floor in a thud. The monster had knocked the air out of me, and my vision blurred a bit. I guess I must have hit my head.

I could see it advancing on me again, but there was no way I could get up again. My whole body felt like I was stuck under a boulder.

A pathetic 'heh' came from my lips.

So this is the end.

Not that I actually cared, there was no one left who possibly cared. If I died, no one would notice, heck, maybe my own classmates will be happy Im gone...

"Lady get! Get up! He's going to hurt you if you don't!" My eyes shot open, and I my arms attempted to pick up my weight.

That's right, the kid... I can't leave him alone with that monster. Maybe after I somehow get rid of it I can die, but not now.

"Stupid monster..." I seethed. I had barely managed to get my upper body off the floor when he was inches away. "Heh, bring it! I...I can still take you on!" I yelled, with no fear. And that's when the oddest thing happened.

Its head just slid off, and it then disappeared.

Huh. It just disappeared.

I stared at the spot where it just was, wide eyed, trying to comprehend what had just happened. "Hey lady!" I looked to my right, and I saw the little boy running over to me. "A-are you all right? You're not hurt are you?" He wore a concerned look on his face and I patted his head gently.

"Heh. Don't worry kiddo. I'm fine. Just a little-" I stopped short, because an unfamiliar voice started to speak.

"Hmph what a stupid girl. A simple human can't ever take on a hollow. They can't even see them"

It came from behind, so I forced my body to turn around, "Hey you! What the hey are you talking about huh?" From the looks of it, the person who had spoken was a white haired boy in a black traditional clothing, with something like a white cloak over it. My eyes wondered over to the sword that was held behind his back, and settled on it for a bit. But the most interesting thing was that he had the most amazing colored eyes. They were a sea green color, and currently, they were giving me a questioning look.

However, he seemed to ignore me, and instead glanced over to the boy. His hands took hold of his sword, and my brow creased. "Hey stop! What do you think you're doing?!" I had no strength left in me, so I could not stop the white haired boy. The bottom of his swords hilt lightly tapped the forehead of the little boy, and within a few seconds, the boy was gone with a shining light.

I gasped, and finally found my words again. "What did you do?!" My small hands gripped onto the boy's sleeve, and tugged down. I sent him a glare, one that he couldn't possibly ignore. After continuous tugging, I forced him to look down at me.

"You can see me?" He asked simply, and I felt like hitting him.

"Of course I can see you, you idiot. I'm not blind.. Now tell me where the boy is! What did you do to him?"

His eyes looked confused and curious at the same time. A sigh escaped his lips, and he finally looked at me seriously.

"I sent him...to the Soul Society."
♠ ♠ ♠
First chap is out~!!! rate and comment guys.

~Hazel