Status: Taking a short break. Next update will probably be sometime around Mid-July/August.

Kidnapped

Day 10 - Part One

Adrianna sat by the pool, reading a book, while the rest of her friends splashed happily in the water. Brian got out, water dripping from every inch of his body and hair, and flopped onto the seat next to Adrianna.

“You sure you don’t wanna join us?” he asked.

“Nah. Don’t really feel like it today. Maybe tomorrow.”

“Look at us,” he said, half-laughing. “Who would’ve thought being kidnapped would be so fun?”

“I know. Being stuck here really isn’t so bad.”

Brian fell silent – he looked as though he had something on his mind, but couldn’t quite decide whether to say it out loud or not.

“What is it?” Adrianna asked curiously.

“Adrianna – that night, when you guys were all in my room…you screamed. But your room’s next to mine and, well - all those other nights, it was you too, wasn’t it?” Brian blurted.

Adrianna froze. Then she threw her hands up in surrender. “Fine. It was me. Happy? I’m so sorry I disrupted your beauty sleep.” Brian thought he saw a flint of annoyance across her face; a first for Adrianna, who was usually very good-tempered.

“Don’t be like that. I’m just worried. I mean…why?” Looking at the expression on her face, he quickly added, “If you don’t want to, you don’t have to tell me, of course.”

“Look, Brian, I like you a lot. But I think you need to start keeping your nose out of other people’s businesses. You don’t have to play the shrink in the house all the time!” Brian’s face crumpled, and Adrianna’s hands flew to her mouth. She opened her mouth, but nothing came out; then it was as if she had decided to change her mind again. Finally, she settled for glaring at him and proceeded to head back inside the house, not once looking back.

As Brian stared at the beautiful mane of red hair that was growing further and further away from him by the second, he began wondering if he should be happy that she ‘likes him a lot’; she likes him a lot! – or upset that she was obviously mad at him now.

Why can’t you just keep your big fat mouth shut? He asked himself. You just managed to piss off the sweetest girl in this house. Congratulations.
♠ ♠ ♠
Putting out another update in about...7 hours. enjoy (: