Status: Taking a short break. Next update will probably be sometime around Mid-July/August.

Kidnapped

Day 25 - The Newcomer

That afternoon, when Alexis and Lauren were tanning by the pool, Brian and Adrianna were in the kitchen preparing lunch, Natalie and Lance were writing songs by the piano, and Jake and Luke were in the games room, playing pool - in an attempt to teach Jake how to sink the ball properly, Luke had practically engulfed him in a hug from behind, and his hands were firmly clutching his - much to Jake's delight - the strangest thing happened.

The doorbell rang.

For a moment, no one seemed to be able to react. Then all of them ran into the living room at once. They stared at each other, frightened but curious.

“I’ll get it,” said Brian, wiping his hands.

“Wait – wait. Let’s first make sure it’s safe to open the door.” Lance said.

“And we’re going to do that…how?” Alexis said.

“Peekhole?” Jake suggested.

“There’s no peekhole on the door, dumbo.” Luke kicked him.

“Is there any way to see what’s outside from the windows?”

Adrianna walked over to the windows and peered outside. “I can basically see everything besides the area directly in front of the door.”

“No, seriously, it’s okay. I’ll get it.” Brian repeated.

“But what if it’s the kidnappers?” Lauren asked.

“I think they’ll have the keys to the house they dumped their victims in…” Brian pointed out.

“No way, dude. We’re in this together. Okay, battle plan – “ Lance began.

The doorbell went off again, impatiently and angrily this time.

“Shit. C'mon, guys, we have to think of something,” Alexis said.

“- We’ll all crowd around the door. If he looks dangerous, we jump him.”

“It might be a ‘she’.” Alexis pointed out. “And what if there’s more than one? What if they have weapons?”

“Then we’re doomed.” Lance grinned. He walked towards the door, and everyone followed suit.

“I’m going to open it,” said Brian. “Three – two – one – “

The door threw open. Standing behind it was a tall, well-built boy with beautiful celery green eyes and a large and rather triangular nose, which made him look both handsome and ugly simultaneously. At his feet was a gigantic trunk which still looked as if it was about to explode any minute. He looked terribly confused – then his expression cleared.

“Ari. My baby,” he kissed a dazed Adrianna on the lips. “I missed you so much.”

"Will?" Lauren asked in disbelief, her voice barely more than a whisper.

The guy named William pulled himself away from Adrianna and stared at Lauren, frowning in confusion once more. "I'm sorry. Do I know you?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi to my new subscribers and thank you to the old ones for still sticking with me!
Comments would be very much appreciated...I would really like to know what you guys love and hate about the story so far. You're all probably going to ignore me, but yeah, thank you in advance if you do. :)