Status: Taking a short break. Next update will probably be sometime around Mid-July/August.

Kidnapped

Day 1 - Part Three

“Hey, this door’s not locked.” Lance called out. The others gathered round him as he turned the knob.

“Oh. My. God.” Alexis whispered. “It’s a fucking library.”

Shelves and shelves of books. All alphabetically arranged according to author. Alexis felt like bursting into tears.

“Hey, this is a great spot,” Lauren sat on the carpeted floor next to the window, which made up a whole wall. “Look, you can glance out the window when you’re tired from reading…that’s a beautiful garden. And that little fountain. I feel like I’m in Beauty and the Beast or something…”

“Wow. I think this is the first time I’ve ever been inside a library. Anyway, can we get going?” asked Lance.

"Have you ever even read a book before?" asked Natalie curiously.

"Does Playboy count? Sports Illustrated?"

"Those are magazines, you doofus."

“You guys can go ahead. I’ll just stay here all day…oh god, they have all the Kurt Vonneguts!” Alexis picked up a book and collapsed into the nearest sofa.

Brian dragged her out of the chair. “Plenty of time to do that later. C’mon, let’s see what other treasures this house has got…”

* * *

“A pool and tanning beds?” Lance whistled. “Good thing I’ve got my trunks.”

“And I was so worried about my tan. Guess this solves the problem,” said Lauren.

“Of all the things to worry about – getting killed, getting raped, not being able to ever go home again – you worry about your tan?” Luke asked in disbelief.

“Hey, I’m shallow. Get over it,” Lauren shrugged.

“And is that a hot tub? You freaking serious?” Natalie laughed.

* * *

“Okay, it’s official. I’m in Beauty and the Beast.” Lauren announced.

“Are you sure it isn’t the Handsome and the She-Beast?” Lance asked.

“Really? That’s the best you can come up with?”

“But seriously, guys, look at this ballroom. It’s so fucking big!” Brian shouted. “Big! Big! Big! Big!” The ballroom echoed in reply.

“Everything in here is so gold,” Adrianna commented. “I think I’m going to wait for you guys outside…I feel kind of dizzy…”

* * *
“Look at all these instruments! Look at the grand piano! And -” Natalie gasped. “A Schetcher guitar! I’ve never been able to afford one of those back home…”

“Dammit, is that how my hair has been looking all day? Why didn’t anyone tell me?” Lance grunted, running his fingers through his hair and trying to get it to stand up.

“That’s one pretty badass stage. Anyone wanna go up there and perform something for us?” asked Adrianna.

“Why don’t you?” asked Brian. “I’m sure you’ll be amazing…”

“Born with two left feet. And I’m practically tone deaf…”

“Aw, that’s okay. Nowadays the entertainment industry’s all about the looks anyway. Trust me, your milkshake will bring all the boys to the yard…”

* * *

“What is this even supposed to be?” asked Jake.

“It’s a pool table. Haven’t you played pool before?” said Luke.

“Wait, is this a trick question? If it’s called pool, aren’t you supposed to play it at the pool?”

“You cannot be serious,” Luke laughed. “Tell you what, I’ll teach you…”

* * *