Status: Active

I'll Keep You a Daydream Away

Nine

Maya’s P.O.V.

I felt so bad the next day. I completely blew up on Alex and I hate fighting with him. The fact that he choose that little skank over me still hurt, but I just wanted my best friend back, even if that meant acting nice to Feline.

So here I was, at Alex front door, hoping he would forgive me. I rang the bell and was ready to hug him the second he opened the door, but instead of Alex it was Feline who opened the door and I froze.

“Uhm… Hi.” She mumbled and looked down. I snapped out of my daze. “Hi, uhm is Alex home?” “No, he’s at band practice, but he should be back soon. You wanna wait inside?” She offered and I nodded. “Yeah sure.” I looked at the clock, it was 1 p.m.. I knew Alex would be back soon, the guys usually practiced until 2.

“You want something to drink?” Feline asked softly, still not looking at me. “I’m good.” She was about to leave the room, but I stopped her. “Hey wait, please. Could you sit down for a sec?” She did as I asked and sat down on a chair across for me. “Look, I’m sorry about yesterday.” I said. She shrugged. “Alex said you were worried about him.” “I am. He’s had his heart broken more than enough, I’m not letting that happen again.” I said matter-of-factly.

“So, do you love Alex.” I tried to sound casually, but I was this close to hitting the little tramp. Her big, blue eyes got even bigger and she shook her head. “W-What!? No! He’s just a friend. I like him as a friend.” She said quickly. She finally looked up at me. “But you do, don’t you?” She whispered.

I was a little taken aback by her statement. “I do.” I sighed. “But he doesn’t feel the same way. Besides he has you now to play happy family with.” The last part came out a little harsh.
Feline shook her head. “No! I can’t do that! I can’t take Alex from you, just because I’m having his baby. That’s horrible! I could never do that.”

I gave her an odd look, but slowly started to understand this girl. She was sweet, just like Jack and Alex said, but she was also really innocent and naïve. It wouldn’t be too difficult to convince her Alex should be with me instead of with her.

“I’m so sorry.” I suddenly fake cried and hugged her. “About the things I said about you. I just that…. I love Alex, ever since high school, I was just too afraid to tell him. And now that I finally had the courage he told me about you and I just…. freaked.” I wasn’t sure she would believe my act, but I’d taken a few acting lessons and I was pretty sure Feline would believe anything that sounded even slightly convincing, especially when she felt guilty.

“It’s okay, I get it.” She mumbled and patted my back. “I’m the one who should apologize. I’m the one who came between you and Alex.” And she fell for it. I almost laughed at how easily this girl was fooled. I was convinced there was a lot more I could get her to do.

“Will you help me?” I begged. “Help me get Alex? Please?” She nodded. “I don’t know Maya. I mean I don’t know him that well. I just….” “Please?” She hesitated for a second. “Okay.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------

A left the house before Alex came back. I made Feline promise not to tell Alex about what happened by telling her I didn’t want him to know how I felt just yet, because I wanted things to be perfect.

I decided to drop by at Jack’s. “Hey Jacky!” I smiled and hugged him. “Why are you so happy?” He asked suspiciously. “Because I just made sure all this will work out for me….. and Alex.” “What did you do Maya?” “I convinced Alex slut of the week to help me get him. I told her about my feelings for him and she felt guilty.” “Stop calling her names!” Jack snapped. “And that’s low Maya, even for you.” “I can’t help it, she’s so fucking naïve!” I hissed. “Alex loves her Maya. He’s happy with her. Doesn’t that mean anything to you?” Jack screamed. “But he loves me more!” I yelled. “And besides, she doesn’t feel the same.” Jack shook his head. “If she said that she’s lying. I’ve seen the way she looks at him. She does have feelings for him, even if she doesn’t want to admit it.”

“She said she didn’t and I believe her. And even if she does she won’t act on it now that she knows about my feelings for him.” I said matter-of-factly. “You’re a bitch Maya.” Jack said flatly. “You’re just a fucking selfish bitch who doesn’t care about anyone but herself.”

Fuck you Jack!” I hissed. “And who cares, she didn’t have to right to take Alex from me.” “Dammit Maya, Alex was never yours in the first place. He and Feline are having a baby! A baby! You really wanna come between that?” “She’s taking his freedom away! Alex isn’t ready to be a dad! She doesn’t even understand that! She doesn’t understand him!”
“And you do? Because when I talked to Alex earlier he seemed to be pretty damn excited to become a dad.”

I glared at him. “He doesn’t love her.” I said again stubbornly. Jack shook his head. “I can’t believe you Maya. He does. Alex is in love with Feline. Feline! Not you! How can I get you to understand that.He. Doesn’t. Love. You.

I froze for a few seconds. “Fuck you!” I mumbled again and ran out of the house, back to my car. I was able to drive a few blocks before I couldn’t stop the tears anymore.

How dare he say that. Alex loves me, I know he does. And I was gonna make damn sure he knew it too.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know I promised to update sooner, but internet decided to be a bitch and simply not work :(
So here it is, finally.

I hope this make up a little for the previous chapter, which was a sucky filler. Let me know what you think of the chapter <3 Like what do you think of Maya after this? And how about Jack? I'd love to know everyone's thoughts

IMPORTANT!!!
I'll be going to Spain for two weeks the 20th, so I won't be able to update until I get back.

Also, I'm thinking of starting a new story. I got a few ideas I'm working on but I need some help. Who should the story be about? I can really use some suggestions. I need two people btw.

Love, Felicia