Status: Active

I'll Keep You a Daydream Away

Three

Alex’s P.O.V.

“Sure.” I smiled a little. “Come on, let’s take a walk.” I said and grabbed her hand. She stuffed the keycard in her pocket and closed the door behind her.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

“So, tell me a little about yourself. I was pretty intoxicated that night so I’m sorry if I hardly remember anything about you.” She chuckled. “It’s cool.” We sat down at on low wall.

“My name is Feline Parker, but everybody calls me Fay. I life in Boston, I worked as a waitress, but my boss fired me a week ago, not that I care, I hated working there, the guy was a dick.” She shrugged, causing me to laugh. “I love to paint and my best friend’s name I Sarah.”

“Boston hmm… I guess I’ll ask you now, but when are you going back? I mean I need to know so we can sort things out in time.” I explained, I didn’t want her to think I wanted her to leave, in fact I like hanging out with her, she was a great girl. “I’m not going back Alex.” She whispered. “Why not? Don’t you like it there?” A single tear rolled down her cheek. “I do, I love it there, but I can’t. My parents kicked me out.” A small sobbed escaped her lips at the end of the sentence.

“They what? Why?” I was shocked. Why would those people kick out they own daughter, especial now that she needed them so much. “Because I’m pregnant Alex and I’m not married or even in a relationship. They’re ashamed of me. They told me not to bother to come back until I got rid of the baby.” She spoke softly, not looking at me.

I didn’t know what to say. I was furious, what kind of people would do that to their own child!?

Neither one of us said something for a few minutes. Fay was the one to break the silence. “I could do that you know. I mean it would be the easiest thing for everyone. We could both go on with our lives. I mean I would totally understand if you’d want me to….” Her voice was completely emotionless and that scared me a little.

“No Fay, I can’t let you do that. I’m not going to let you kill our baby. I cannot let you do that.” I said, as I forced her to look at me. She gave a soft smile. “Thanks you. Because I don’t think I could ever do that. But let’s be honest, neither one of us really wants this baby.”

“Maybe you’re right, but I’m not going to force you to have an abortion.” She bit her lip. “How about adoption?” She wondered. “It’s probably the best for the baby, don’t you think?” She placed her hands on the small bump that was invisible under her loose shirt.

“I just want this baby to grow up in a loving and stable family and that’s something neither one of us can give him or her.” She continued. “Not now at least.” I muttered, but she still heard me. “What are you saying Alex?”

I blushed. “Well… you know….. maybe, one day…. We can…..you know.” Fay smiled a little as she understood what I was trying to say, it was a sad smile though.

“You can’t chose who you fall in love with Alex. Just because we’re having a baby together doesn’t mean we’re magically going to fall madly in love with each other and life happily ever after. This is real life Alex, not some fairytale, stuff like that doesn’t often happen in the real world.”

I didn’t respond and after a few minutes Fay dropped her face in her hands.“What am I going to do now?” I gently rubbed her back. “Hey don’t cry. It’s going to be okay.”

We talked until the sun started to set. I walked her back to her hotel. “Thanks for taking me back.” She blushed a little. “That’s cool, didn’t want you to get lost.” I smiled. “Hey Alex. I really want you to be part of the decision, but only if you want to of course.” She bit her lip. “Of course I understand if you’d rather never see me again.”

“I-I…. I don’t know” I said truthfully. “I’m not sure what I want right now to be honest. Can I call you later. I need to think about this.” “Okay.”

She was about to close the door, but I stopped her. “Fay wait, I forgot to ask, but how old are you?” “Uhm… I’m 19 Alex.” She said and closed the door.

My eyes widened. 19…. She was only 19 years old. Meaning she was four years younger than me.

I drove back home and I realized what I’d done. I screwed up a young girl future, because I hadn’t been careful enough.

I stripped down to my boxers and got into my bed, but I couldn’t sleep. I kept wondering what kind of plans and dreams Fay had had before she found out she was pregnant.

Had she wanted to go to college? Our would she’d taken a year of to see the world, she did struck me like the kind of girl that would do that. What would have been her major? Which university had she been planning on going? Did she have a boyfriend before I came along? If so, had she planned a future with him?

All these questions and many more haunted me the rest of the night, until I couldn’t take it anymore. I got up and dialed Maya’s number.

“What the hell Alex! It’s two in the fucking morning! Are you insane or just drunk?” I looked at the clock and realized she was right. It was the middle of the night, no wonder she sounded pissed. “I’m sorry Maya, I just…. I didn’t….. I’m…..” I didn’t know how to tell her what happened. “Are you okay, you sound weird.” Was I okay? No not really. “I’m.. ..I’m not sure. Can I come over?” “Yeah, sure.” “Thanks, I’ll be there in ten.”

I quickly got dressed and drove to Maya’s house. Maya was one of my best friends and the first person I would turn to when I needed advice.

The second she opened the door I know I looked bad, because she gasped. She pulled me inside, begging me to tell what what was wrong. What was wrong? I didn’t even know where to start. I finally looked up at her. “I fucked up May. I fucked up so bad.” I mumbled. Maya looked really worried and even a little scared right now. “She’s pregnant.” I finally managed to say.

Maya’s whole face went pale and expressionless. “Pregnant? Alex what on earth are you talking about?” She sounded confused, but who could blame her.

“Couple of months ago, I slept with this girl I met after one of our concerts. We were both drunk and we had sex. I left her like I always do, but she showed up yesterday and me she was pregnant with my baby. They did some tests at the hospital and she was telling the truth.”

Maya still didn’t say a thing and she kept her mouth close as I told her everything that had happened earlier.

“She told me she would get an abortion if that would be easier for me, but I can’t let her do that! I wouldn’t be able to live with myself.” I shuttered at the thought. “Then she suggested putting it up for adoption and maybe she’s right. Neither one of us is ready for a baby, but I can’t stand the thought of a couple of stranger raising my child.” I gave Maya a desperate look. “May please, I need your help. I-I don’t know what to do.”

Maya looked at me with a broken look in her eyes for a few second and pulled me in a hug.

“Oh Alex….What have you done…..”
♠ ♠ ♠
Has anyone heard the longer Dirty Work mash up from the deluxe version? It's on my tumblr if you haven't. Mash up. It's more then twenty minutes long and I love it, but now I'm even more excited for the album. From what I heard Daydream away and That girl are my favorites.

Oh, thanks for all the comments everyone. I really appreciate it.
So for this chapter: I really love to know what you think of the fact Feline is only 19 (and Alex is 23), what Alex should do and what do you think Maya will say?

Next chapter will continue where the prologue (and of course this chapter) left off and will be in Maya's POV.

Love, Felicia

Oh and btw
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch=piGPVrpqcto[/youtube]