Status: Active

I'll Keep You a Daydream Away

Four

Maya’s P.O.V.

I sat motionless on the couch next to my devastated best friend. I always knew someday he’s action would come back to bite him in the ass. I’d warned him so many times, but I never thought it would be like something like this.

I wanted to tell him what he should do more than anything in the world, but I couldn’t. I couldn’t make this decision for him. I took a deep breath. “Alex, I don’t think I can help you. You have to make a choice, I can’t do that for you.” I whispered. He looked up at me with his big brown eyes, making me melt inside. “No, please Maya, I need you! I can’t do this alone.” He begged.

I hugged him again. “Do what you think is best for the baby. That’s what’s most important right now.” He nodded. When I saw the look in his eyes I really wanted to slap the skanky whore who’d did this to my best friend.

“I just don’t know Maya, I need time, but I can’t leave Feline all clueless. She’s all alone and I can’t leave her in the dark like that, not knowing if her baby is going to have a dad that’s actually there for him or her.” I patted his shoulder. “You do have time Alex, maybe not as much as you’d like, but I’m sure she understands.” I tried to comfort him.

I looked at the clock, it was almost 4 a.m., and I yawned. “Come on, let’s go to bed, I’m tired. You can crash here for the rest of the night. “Thanks Maya.”

We walked up to the bedroom. I plopped down and the bed. Alex took off his shirt and jeans before crawling in bed next to me. I didn’t mind, we had tons of sleepovers when we were teenagers and it was normal for us to share a bed. I snuggled into his chest and he wrapped his arms around me. “Night Lex.” I mumbled. “Night Maya.” He kissed the top of my head. “I’m so thankful to have you as my best friend, you know that?” I nodded, trying not to let my tears slip. Friends, that’s all we were and all we would ever be.

I wanted to tell him how I really felt so badly, but I just couldn’t. He had so much to think about already, I couldn’t dump this on him too.

I looked at him and saw he was already asleep. I smiled a little and snuggled closer to him. “I love you Alex.” I whispered before closing my eyes.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next morning when I woke up Alex wasn’t next to me anymore. I looked at the clock and saw it was almost noon. I stretched and got up. As soon as I was on the top of the stairs I could smell food.

I slowly walked downstairs and found Alex in the kitchen making breakfast. “Morning Maya.” I grumbled something incoherent and took a swig from Alex coffee. “Morning.” I sat down at the kitchen table and Alex sat down a plate of pancakes in front of me, before sitting down across from me. I took a few bites before looking up at him.

He was staring at my food, playing with his hair. “Alex.” I said softly, snapping him back to reality. “Hmmm. Oh sorry, I was just…. thinking.” It was clear he was taking about Feline and the baby. “Oh.” I said and continued eating.

“I think I know what I’m gonna do.” He said and I stopped eating. “I want to try. Try to raise this baby with Feline, if she wants to of course. I want at least to be friends with her and maybe, who know, what it might lead to. I want my child to grow up knowing both his parents, even if they are just friends.”

I swallowed loudly. “You think she’ll want to?” Alex shrugged. “I don’t know, I’m gonna talk to her about it. But I know she wants to do what’s best for the baby.” I bit my lips and finally asked the question I didn’t actually wanted to know the answer too. “You said you wanted to be maybe more than friends with her. Does that mean you like her?”

A small smile started to form on his lips. “Yeah, I think I do. She’s sweet, pretty, funny. I really like her Maya. There’s just something about her.”

And that’s how Alex Gaskarth broke my heart without even knowing.
♠ ♠ ♠


I feel bad for Maya :(

But..... I'm curious. Whose "team" are you guys on? Maya or Feline?
Next chapter will probably be in Alex's POV, where he goes to talk to Feline and there might be some surprising information in the chapter........ Anyone wanna guess?
Love some feedback on this guys.

Love, Felicia