Status: Active

I'll Keep You a Daydream Away

Five

Alex’s P.O.V.

I really did like Fay, she was sweet, funny, down to earth and also very pretty. I could easily see myself falling in love with her. The question was could she? Could she fall for a guy who knocked her up and ruined her future? I doubt it, but I had to try.

I looked at Maya who was sitting across from me. She was looking at me with an unreadable expression on her face. I sighed. “I just don’t know if she’ll ever be able to like me.” Maya smiled, but it was a forced one, I could tell. “Of course she’ll like you Alex. How could she not? And besides, you met her after one of your concert right? Means she’s already a fan of the band. And she slept with you, so I’m guessing you were her favorite.” Her tone was a teasing one, but I could hear a hint of a hidden emotion underneath it.

I studied Maya’s face for a second. Normally I could tell what she was thinking just by looking at her, she was on open book to me, but not right now. No matter how hard I tried I could figure out what was bothering her. I shrugged it off, knowing she would tell me when she was ready.

“I guess.” I muttered and finished the rest of my coffee. Maya continued eating her breakfast and I stared at her. She looked pretty, even though she just got out of bed. She was wearing a pair of short and a tanktop, her hair was in a messy bun and she had no make-up on, nevertheless she was beautiful. I wondered why she never had a boyfriend.

I continued to study her while she eat. I wondered how my life would have been if I hadn’t kept my feelings a secret. You see, back in high school I had the biggest crush on Maya. Yep, cliché, I fell for my best friend. But I didn’t want to screw up our friendship so I pretended I didn’t have feelings for her.

I took me about a year to get over her, but I managed. Of course with the help of a bunch of one night stands and the occasional girlfriend. Now, years later, I was actually glad I never told her. I was happy to have her as my best friend, it was enough for me. But even though those feelings weren’t as strong as they were in high school, a small part of me never stopped loving her.

Every once in a while those feelings popped up again, like right now. I looked her up and down and I couldn’t help but wonder how it would be to kiss her.

I shook my head, trying to get rid of the thoughts. Bad Alex, stop thinking about Maya like that, you have other things to worry about, I told myself. I stood up and wrapped an arm around her. “I gotta go, I’m gonna talk to Feline. See you later.” I said and kissed the top of her head.

“Uhm.. Oh… Okay. I’ll probably head over to Jack’s later. So I’ll be there if you need me.” She said, not looking up at me. For a second I wondered if I should stay and talk to her, but I decided I needed to talk to Feline first. “Okay. Bye Maya.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I knocked on Feline’s door, but she didn’t open. I knocked again. “Fay? You’re in there? It’s me, Alex.” I said, but the door stayed close. I sighed and turned around……

To come face to face with Feline. “Feline!” I jumped a little, not expecting her to be right behind me. “Hey Alex.” She chuckled softly at my startled expression, but became serious again after that. “I’m guessing you’re looking for me?” She asked. I nodded. “Yeah, I… We…. Can we talked?” I stuttered. Why was I so nervous all of a sudden?

“Sure, come in. I hope you haven’t been waiting too long. I was out for lunch.” She said and opened the door to her room. “You already eat? I can order room service if you’ re hungry.” She offered. “I’m fine, I already eat.”

We sat down. “So what did you wanna talk about?” She asked. “I made a decision.” I said. “Oh.” Feline looked down. “I wanna give it a try. You and me I mean.” Her head snapped up. “W-what? What do you mean?” She looked confused. “I mean I want to raise our baby together. I’m not saying I want to get married or something, but I do want us to try to be friends.” I paused, letting her take everything in. “So… what do you think?”

Feline stared at me for a minute, but after what seemed forever she spoke. “Okay.” “Okay?” She smiled a little. “Yeah, okay. I want to give it a try. I really want this baby to grow up knowing both his or her parents.” She placed her hands on the small bump on her stomach. “You hear that baby. You’re gonna have a family.” She whispered softly, thinking I wouldn’t hear. I place one of my hands on top of hers. She looked up at me and smiled.

“So, you wanna do something today?” I asked. Feline shrugged. “Uhm… I wanted to go look at a couple of apartments today. I mean I can’t stay in this hotel forever.” I grinned and pulled her off the bed. “Come on, pack your stuff, you’re coming with me.” I grabbed her suitcase and started throwing in a couple of her clothes. “Wow. Alex, what are you doing?” She stopped me.

“You’re moving in with me.” I said simply and continued packing her things. “WHAT!?” She looked at me like I was crazy. “Alex what on earth are you talking about?” “Well, You need a place to stay. I happen to have a empty guestroom and besides if you’re living with me I can help you with…. baby stuff and all that.”

“But… But…..” Feline stuttered. She shook her head, seeing there was no arguing with me about this. “Fine! You win.” She sighed defeated and started to help me pack her things.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A couple of hours later Feline had unpacked her stuff and was making dinner for the both of us. I sat on the counter, watching her, as she absentmindedly hummed a song. I immediately recognized the song and started to sing.

“Fall in the grave I've been digging myself, but there's room for two. Six feet under the stars.” Feline looked at me and started blushing as she realized she’d been humming an All Time Low song. “Sorry.” She mumbled. I chuckled. “It’s cool. Sooooooo….. you’re a fan right?” She blushed even brighter. “Uhm yeah, I mean I did meet you after one of your concerts remember.” She turned back to the bowl in front of her. “Are we your favorite band?” I asked teasingly. “Yes.” She said softly. I chuckled, it was fun to tease her like this. “Oh really. Tell me, who is your favorite out of the four of us?” I hopped of the counter and stood behind her, my hands resting on her hips. She froze. I placed my lips at her ear. “Is it me?” I muttered, my breath tickling her neck. She shuttered, but managed to answer. “Yes.” Her voice was barely audible.

I let go of her and took a step back. She gave me a funny look, shook her head and continued making dinner. I laughed and took the bowl from her. “Come on, let me do that. Go get some rest.” “Alex!” She said sternly. “I’m fine. I can handle making dinner you know, I’m only a few months into the pregnancy.” I ignored her so she sat down on the counter, like I had a minute ago.

“Now put that in the oven.” She instructed. “About twenty minutes.” I did as she said. She was about to jump of the counter, but I stepped towards her, standing in between her legs. “Hi.” I smiled. “Uhm… hi.” She said. “You wanna play twenty questions?” I suggested. “Uhm sure. Wanna go to the living room?” I smirked. “I actually kinda like it here.” She lightly slapped my arm. “Alex!” “Sorry, come on.” I helped her of the counter and picked her up bridal style.

Feline started laughing. “Alex! I can walk silly.” I sat her down on the couch and plopped down next to her. “Can I start?”
♠ ♠ ♠
So I'm pretty sure most of you will hate one part of the story and love the other one. Which part you love/hate probably depends on which "team' you're on.

Yep, Alex had feelings for Maya too. Did anyone see that coming?
I know people who are "team Maya" probably won't like that Feline is living with Alex now, but let me tell you, if Maya wants something bad enough she won't back down.

Love the know everyones thoughts one the chapter. Any predictions maybe?
comments = updates

Love, Felicia