Status: Active

I'll Keep You a Daydream Away

Six

Maya’s P.O.V.

Alex left a couple of hours ago, so I decide to head over to Jack’s. I didn’t bother knocking, I just walked in like I owned the place. Hey, Jack does it all the time when he comes over, so I can too, especially after what happened.

I found him passed out on the couch. “Jack wake up.” I shook him a little. He groaned, but didn’t open his eyes. “JACK! WAKE UP! DAMMIT!” I screamed. His eyes flew open and he jumped, causing him to fall of the couch. “What the….” He muttered. Then he saw me.
“Maya. What the fuck. I was sleeping.” He rubbed his eyes and climbed back on the couch.
“I’m sorry Jack. I just…. I need….. I…. Alex…..” I stuttered, not sure how to tell him. He saw something was wrong and pulled me down next to him. “Hey, what’s wrong. You’re okay?” I shook my head. “I have to tell you something.” I whispered. “I-I’m in love with Alex.” I confessed. Jack smiled a little. “Tell me something I don’t know.” He chuckled. My eyes went wide with surprise. “You knew?” I gasped. Jack laughed. “Of course! Please Maya, it’s so obvious. The only person who can’t see it is Alex himself! You’re finally gonna tell him?”

I shook my head. “I can’t.” “What? Why not? You have…” I held up a hand, interrupting his speech. “I can’t because something happened.” I hesitated for a second whether or not I should tell him, but he would find out sooner or later and I really needed some advice. “Alex knocked some girl up.” I said. Jack froze, not sure if he should believe me or not. “W-What!?” I sighed and told him the story.

“Holy shit! So Alex is gonna be a dad?” Jack shook his head in disbelieve. “He’s an idiot, but at least he’s taking responsibility for his actions right?” “Yeah, he wants to try and raise the baby with Feline, that’s her name btw.” “And that’s why you can’t tell him? Because of that girl?” I nodded. “Yeah, and besides, he seems to really like her. I don’t want to come between them.” Jack snorted. “Please Maya, if you tell him how you feel he’ll dump the little slut in a second.”

“She’s not a slut Jack, that’s not nice.” He gave me a funny look. “Why are you defending her? He you met her? You know what’s she’s like?” I shook my head. “Nope, and I don’t want to either.” Jack chuckled. “See, maybe she’s a real bitch. I wonder what she looks like.” “Knowing Alex she’s probably some kind of blond bimbo.” I laughed.

Jack and I continued making fun of the unknown girl, imagining what’s she was like and how she would look. Our final conclusion was that saw probably was some sort of airheaded, blond, porn star. “I bet she’s not even pretty.” Jack said. “I mean she is with all the layer of make-up of course, but I think she’s hideous without it.” I almost rolled of the couch, laughing.

Jack suddenly got up and grabbed our jackets. “Come on.” He said. “Where to?” “To Alex of course.” My eyes widened. “What? No! I’m not gonna tell him how I feel!” I shouted and tried to stop him. “Chill out Maya. We’re only going there to convince him that being with Feline is a bad idea.”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ten minutes later we were at Alex front door. He opened the door, a surprised look in his face. “Hey guys. I wasn’t expecting you two. We were just gonna eat dinner. Wanna join us?”

“Dinner?” Jack said. “Hell yeah.” We got inside the house. “Uhm Alex. Why did you say we?” I asked. “Oh uhm. Feline is here.” He looked at Jack. “Chill, he knows. I told him.” I said. Alex nodded. “Oh, well, come on. I want you to meet her.” He turned around and let us to the living room.

“Feline?” He called and a girl come out of the kitchen. I could feel my jaw drop a little. She didn’t look at all how we pictured her. The girl who came in was tiny and slender, with long wavy blond hair and big, innocent, ocean blue eyes. She definitely wasn’t the bimbo Jack and I imaged her to be. Her whole being seemed to be screaming ‘innocent’ and ‘young’.

Her eyes widened a little when she saw us, making her look like a deer in headlights. Alex walked over to her, wrapping an arm around her and I felt a stab of jealousy. “Fay, these are two of my best friends, Jack and Maya. Guys this is Feline, Fay for short.” ‘Fay’ blushed deeply and took a small step closer. “Hi.” She said softly, looking a little uncomfortable.

Jack stepped past me and pulled the tiny girl into a hug. “Hi!” He said cheerfully. “I’m Jack.” He said once he let go of her. “H-Hi.” She stuttered a little shocked. I wasn’t sure it was because he hugged her or because she was simply starstruck.

She turned to me and I shook her hand. “Hi.” I muttered. “Hi.” She sent me a smile which I didn’t return. She turned around to Alex. “Dinner is ready by the way.” “Good! I’m starving!” Jack exclaimed and almost ran towards the kitchen. Alex and Feline laughed and followed him.

They sat down at the dinner table. I grabbed a glass of water and joined them. “Aren’t you eating Maya?” Alex asked. I shrugged. “I’m not hungry.” Alex decided to drop it and continued eating.

Jack, Alex and Feline were talking, laughing and eating. Jack kept asking her questions which she answered mostly. Alex and Jack told her about what it was like being in a band and Feline told them a few things about her life before she’d met them. The three of them seemed to really get along.

I however refused to be part of the conversation, sipping on my water every now and then and just stared off into space. Every time Alex or Jack would say or ask me anything to me I have them shirt answers, but whenever Feline tried to get me to talk I was just plain rude. She didn’t seemed to notice this, but Alex did.

“So Fay, where are you staying right now?” Jack asked. “Uhm… Alex offered me to stay here at his place and I excepted.” Jack opened his mouth to say something, but was cut off by the sound of my chair hitting the floor. I ran out of the room, Alex following quickly behind me.

I needed to get out of here. It felt like I couldn’t breathe. I was about to leave when I felt someone grab my arm. “What the fuck Maya?” Alex hissed. “Seriously, what the hell is wrong with you? You’ve been acting like a complete bitch ever since you got here!” “What’s wrong with me? With me? Are you fucking kidding me!?” I snapped back. “You’ve only known that girl for what? Two, three days? And she’s already living with you?”

“She’s carrying my baby Maya. She needed a place to stay and I have an extra bedroom. That’s all.” “That’s all! Goddammit Alex! You’ve been all over her the entire time. She obviously isn’t just ‘living’ with you.” This only seemed to piss him off more. “Maybe she is, maybe she isn’t, but that’s none of you business Maya. You’re my best friend, but my relationship with Feline is between me and her.”

“Relationship!?” I screamed. “You barely know her. What kind of relationship can you two possibly have?” “I like her okay.” Alex voice became a lot softly suddenly. “I like her a lot Maya. She’s the first girl I really like and actually care about in a long time. She’s an amazing girl, why can’t you give her a chance?”

His words were like a stab in my heart. I could feel tears well up, but told myself not to cry in front of him. “Because I don’t trust the little skank!” I hissed. “I can’t believe you’re falling for that whole innocent good girl act. She’s bad news, maybe if you’d stop thinking with your dick you would see it too!”

“Dammit Maya, it’s not an act okay. I trust her.” Alex snapped back. “And like I said, I really like her. I’m not looking for a quick fuck.” I shook my head in disbelieve. “So you’re not gonna kick her out?” Alex shook his head. “No Maya I’m not throwing her out. Are you insane? I’m not kicking a pregnant girl out on the streets. I’m all she has.”

“Fine. Then I’m leaving.” I said and grabbed my bag. “Where are you going?” “Away from here. I’m not coming over as long as she is here.” Alex looked shocked. “Are you seriously going to force me between you and her?” “Yes, yes I am.” I said, knowing Alex would pick me. Hell, I’ve been his best friend for years. Like he would pick a girl he barley knows over me.

I waiting for him to tell Feline to get the fuck out of his house, but he didn’t. Instead he stared at me, sadness in his eyes. “I can’t believe this Maya. You’re supposed to be my friend, but you’re acting like a complete bitch instead. You know what? Fine. Go. You give me a call when you decide to act like my best friend again.” And with that he turned around and walked back to the kitchen.

I blink a few times, frozen in my spot. I couldn’t believe Alex picked her over me. Suddenly I realized Jack was standing in the door way. He looked at me with a black expression on his face. “Not cool Maya.” He said and walked back into the kitchen.

I choked out a sob and ran out of the house, all the way back to my own place. Tears streamed down my face as I slammed the door of my apartment shut. I slit down against the wall and wrapped my arms around my knees.

That bitch! I hate her! I hate her! I HATE HER! Not only did she steal Alex from now she also ruined our friendship. Slowly I whipped away the tears. I wasn’t going to let her win. Alex was going to be mine….. no matter what.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry people who are team Maya (which are a lot), please don't kill me.
I know a lot of people are gonna hate me for doing this, but I promise Maya isn't gonna give up on Alex.

So if you have any ideas/suggestions/thing you wanna see happen or if you just wanna say hi :P Please leave a comment. I really love all the feedback I'm getting, it makes me wanna write, which means faster updates :D

Next chapter will be Feline's P.O.V., it's gonna be her view on Maya and spending a little quality time with Alex.

Sorry the update took so long, but I was at a festival last weekend. I saw Simple Plan, VersaEmerge, Avenged Sevenfold and of course ALL TIME LOW!!! :D

ATL also did a signing, but the security wouldn't let us take any pictures :( But I did get their autographs :) And meeting them just made my night and my week and my whole year :D

Love Felicia.