Status: Comments make me update more!!!

Handle With Care

Three

“Sullivan?” A nurse called out at the hospital the next day.

Jimmy had been in the waiting room for over 24 hours. He absolutely refused to leave just liked Mag had done for him with he almost over dosed a few years back. The guys came and tried to convince him to leave but it was useless, he was dedicated.

“Yes?” Jimmy stood up with hopeful eyes, “Is she okay?”

The nurse looked at the floor then nodded, “Yes but there’s a problem…”

“What?”

She sighed, “Miss Sanders, memory is completely gone. We’re not sure if she’ll ever be able to regain it. It is most likely that she’ll never regain it from the way she landed.”

“Can I see her?” He asked trying to wrap his mind around what he had just been told.

The nurse nodded, “Right this way, but try to be careful in what you say. Don’t upset her.”

He nodded and quickly followed her to the room where Mag was sitting up in a hospital bed. She was calmly eating a bowl of Fruit Loops and watching Fuse. She was lucky that she hadn’t broken anything in the fall, although she did sprain her ankle.

“Mag” Jimmy breathed out and rushed to her side.

Her eyes widened and she stared at him with a confused look, “Excuse me but who are you?”

“It’s me, Jimmy, your boyfriend.”

She stared at him with a blank look on her face, “I’m sorry, you must be mistaken.”

“No, no I’m not” He reached into his pocket and pulled out the small velvet box, “This is the ring I was going to propose to you with.”

Mag nodded, “Oh that’s very beautiful.”

“I’m glad you think so, because I want you to have it.”

She shook her head no and looked up into his blue eyes, “No, I can’t take this.”

“Yes you can. I know we’ll be together one day again, because we were meant for each other.”

Her eyebrows furrowed but she didn’t say anything as he slipped the ring onto her finger. The nurse watched from the door with a sad look on her face. She gently set her hand on Jimmy’s shoulder and pulled him back a bit.

“I think it’s time for you to leave. You can come back tomorrow if you want, maybe bring something personal of hers that could jog her memory or someone she’d remember.”

Jimmy frowned but didn’t argue, “Okay” he then turned back to Mag, “I’ll come back and see you tomorrow.”

“Okay, I guess I’ll see you then, Jimmy” Mag smiled softly.

He had to resist the urge to reach out and run his fingers through her hair. Jimmy stared at her with love in her eyes before turning and walking out of the room. Mag watched him with an odd look on her face. She kept trying to remember him but the more she thought about things, the bigger of a headache she got. Deciding it would be best to stop thinking for a while. Mag sat back and just watched whatever was playing on the TV. Hours later the door opened and in walked a man with hazel eyes and a dimpled smile.