Status: my first klaine fic. no idea how fast/slow updates will be, so just bear with me for now. :)

You Were Always The One

Flirtation.

Despite the late hour he'd fallen asleep, Blaine woke early the next morning, his arm still draped loosely around a sleeping Kurt. He watched the peaceful boy for a few moments, before carefully pushing back the covers, and slipping out of the bed, sitting down on the bottom as he pulled on his shoes, his eyes darting back to Kurt every few moments to check he hadn't woken him.

After grabbing his sweater, and shooting one last glance at Kurt – and pushing aside his temptation to take a photo to later blackmail him with – he quietly headed out of the room, slipped down the stairs and out of the front door, closing it silently behind him, before heading down the street.

Blaine was well aware that his actions could probably seen as him taking advantage of Kurt, his friendship and his hospitality, but as far as he was concerned, that wasn't the case. Blaine did care for Kurt. Over the months they had known each other, they had become incredibly close. In fact, Kurt was possibly the only person that Blaine trusted completely. But despite all of that, Blaine probably was taking him for granted, but ninety-seven percent of the time, he was too wrapped up in other things to consider that. The only time he ever really thought about it was times like this, and even then, the moment something else occupied his time, he would forget it all, and things would go back to normal.

But right now, Blaine wasn't really thinking about anything as he wandered along the cool Ohio streets, nothing but the scene in front of him filling his mind. It made him feel, peaceful, serene, in fact, it made him forget… everything for a while, until a thought popped into his head. How the hell was he supposed to get back to Dalton?

*

Blaine was awake and ready at his usual time the next morning, his late night weekend antics having not affected him in anyway. He'd still had the time to do all of his homework, and got enough hours of sleep to be fully awake for the next day.

He caught up with the perfectly groomed boy the next morning, catching him in the hallway before classes began, frowning ever so slightly when he saw Kurt sigh with relief when their eyes met.

"I… you just left yesterday, I didn't…" he trailed off, Blaine smiled.

"Well I didn't think your parents would appreciate finding me sleeping in your bed, so I left early, hitched a ride back here," he told him, Kurt nodded, dropping his gaze to the floor and biting his lip, drawing patterns on the wooden flooring with his toes. Blaine waited, knowing there was more.

"I just… you didn't wake me, or leave a note or… I was worried," his last statement came out as a mutter, that, if it hadn't been for his keen sense of hearing, Blaine probably wouldn't have understood. He smirked.

"I didn't realize you'd be so concerned," Kurt's eyes flickered to meet his for a moment, he looked almost embarrassed. "But if it makes you feel any better, I'll make sure to leave a note next time. And I didn't want to wake you… you're cute when you sleep," Kurt's eyes lifted again, now wide with surprise, Blaine smirked slightly again, "I'll see you at practice," he told him, tapping him on the arm before turning down the hallway towards his first class, a satisfied smile on his face.

Despite how well Kurt had always tried to hide it, Blaine was well aware that Kurt liked him as more than a friend, and the moment he had realized, it hadn't fazed him in anyway. Kurt was well aware of Blaine's choice of lifestyle, and Blaine knew he wouldn't try to force him into anything else; he valued their friendship too much. Of course, Blaine liked to tease Kurt occasionally, but it was all in good fun. As far as Blaine knew, they were both well aware that it would never be anything other than a friendship. Although Blaine had considered the possibilities of turning it into… something, but he knew Kurt would never settle for anything other than a relationship, and that was far from anything Blaine wanted, so he kept his distance… in that way anyway. Although sometimes, it was a little difficult, the one thing Blaine wouldn't deny was that his statements were occasionally true. Kurt was – undeniably – a good looking guy, so despite the messing around, Blaine did sometimes mean it when he told him he was cute, or adorable, or anything else along those lines.

Blaine's day continued much like every other did, he listened uninterestedly throughout his classes, met up with a few of his fellow Warblers for lunch, headed for a quick hour study session during his free period before his last class, and then made for Warbler practice, which basically consisted of a lot of singing, jumping around on the furniture in the senior commons, Wes waving his gavel around animatedly, and the occasional flirty glance in Kurt's direction - or bump of the shoulder if he was in touching distance - during numbers. Okay, so Blaine liked to flirt. A lot. But it was all good natured, he didn't do to intentionally drive Kurt insane, although he couldn't deny the tiny stir of satisfaction whenever he made him blush.

*

"So," Blaine dropped down onto the sofa beside Kurt as the rest of the Warblers disappeared from the room. Kurt looked up from where he was busy rummaging around in his bag. "You have to be home straight away? Or do you have time for a coffee?" he asked, Kurt bit his lip.

"Actually," he drew out, "I was gonna head to the library for a couple of hours. I still have that Physics test coming up," he replied, his expression apologetic, Blaine shrugged and pushed himself up.

"Alright, let's go then,"

"Blaine, you-."

"Are most welcome to join me," Blaine cut in with a smile, Kurt rolled his eyes. "I'll be good, I promise. I'll even give you a hand if you need it," he told him, "and besides, I have a French Oral coming up, I could use a few pointers," he shrugged, Kurt paused for a moment, biting his lip in thought before nodding and standing up himself, slinging his bag onto his shoulder.

"Alright, but the minute you start becoming a distraction, you're out." He warned.

"Technically, you can't kick me out of the library, it's public domain, I'm completely entitled to be there-."

"Maybe not, but I can refuse to be accommodating the next time you forget to ask someone to cover for you before you venture out into the night," he threatened, although Blaine could tell by his tone that he wasn't serious, at least not completely. Kurt raised his eyebrows.

"Alright," Blaine sighed, "I'll be good," he promised, holding his hands up in defeat before gesturing for Kurt to lead the way.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm a little unsure about this chapter. I'm kind of out-of-sync when it comes to writing chaptered fics because I've been writing one-shots for a while - which will make an appearance soon - so I've kind of... completely forgotten my plot, but it's coming back.
And apologies for the delays I leave in between chapters. I know it can be annoying but... Writing is hard.

(I'm also aware that I do make Blaine sound like a bit of a douche sometimes, but trust me. It's intentional, he's supposed to sound that way.)