Status: IN PROGRESS

The Hunt Begins

How Things Change

I rooted through my duffel bag and found my pajamas. I put them on and was pulling on my german shepherd slippers when there was a knock on the door. “Who is it Samael?” I asked and he trotted to the door and sniffed letting out a low growl.

“Is it Dean?” He let out a bark, telling me it was him. “God why can’t he leave me alone.” I walked to the door and pulled it open to see Dean standing there. “What do you want now?”

He looked me up and down. “Nice, slippers…and shirt.” He said looking directly at my chest. I rolled my eyes and waited for him to answer. “I’m concerned about you.” He finally stated after taking a small pause.

I sighed and moved aside and he walked into the room. This was the most compassion I have seen Dean show…well except for when he was telling me my parents got ripped apart by a frickin witch. “Why are you concerned?” I asked as I closed the door and turned to face Dean. He was sitting on the bed that Samael wasn’t occupying.

“You’re being reckless and…” He looked down at his hands with a sad expression.

He was quiet for a couple of seconds, “And what?” I interrupted wanting to know what he was going to say.

He looked at me and smiled, “And bitchy and I have to say it’s quite a turn on.”

“You’re an ass.” I glared at him and went to my duffel bag again to get my tooth brush. “Why did you really come here?” I grabbed my tooth brush and tooth paste and entered the bathroom.

“Can we get room service?” He asked picking something up from the bedside table. “I’m hungry.”

“You’re always hungry.” I mumbled trying to brush my teeth.

He got up from the bed and leaned against the wall by the sink. “True but that didn’t answer my question.”

I spit in the sink and looked at him, “No.”

“Looks like you have rabies. Do you want me to shoot you before you’re too far gone? Maybe that’s why you’re so bitchy.”

“Go fuck yourself.” I said before I rinsed my mouth out. He was really getting on my nerves.

“That’s a good idea, would you like to help?” I rolled my eyes and he walked away. He picked up the remote and turned the channel. “Hey Casa Erotica! This is a good one.” He laid down on my bed and started turning the volume up.

I froze as I heard the sounds of the porno blasting on my TV. “What the hell are you doing?” I ran over to him trying to take the remote. I didn’t want Sam and what’s her name to hear.

Dean held the remote over his head and smiled. “Oh Alisha!”

“Dean! Shut up and give me the damn remote.” I growled. I climbed on the bed trying to reach for the remote but Dean stood up on the bed. I jumped trying to get it but it didn’t work, Dean was just too tall. “Give me the remote or I’m going to tackle you.”

“I’d like to see that.” He taunted.

I smiled, “Oh really?” I kicked him behind his knees causing him to fall off the bed. I laughed and stepped down from the bed ready to grab the remote where it fell when he took my legs out from under me. “What the hell?!” Samael let out a bark but didn’t get up from his spot. Geez, what kind of guard dog was he?

I looked over at Dean to see him with a straight face on. My face fell as he brushed a piece of hair out of my face. Leaving my skin tingly where his fingers trailed. It had been forever since I felt that feeling. He leaned closer to me and kissed me like he used to before all Hell broke loose. Before my whole life got torn apart. But it wasn’t long before reality came crashing back to me. He was the reason I wasn’t with my parents. And now I was there on the dirty floor of the motel with frickin Casa Erotica obnoxiously loud. I pushed him away and grabbed the remote. I got up and tried turning off the TV but it didn’t work. I sighed and walked up to the TV and pushed the power button, finally turning off the television.

“Can we order room service?” Dean asked like nothing had happened.

I sighed, “I don’t give a damn.” I pulled my hair into a pony tail and headed for the door. “Come on Samael.”

“Where are you going?” Dean asked.

“To take Samael out to the bathroom.” I stated when really I wanted to clear my head. I kicked off my slippers and pulled on my converse.

When I got outside with Samael the girl was sitting on the Impala looking up at the sky. “It sure sounded like you were having fun in there.” She tried to suppress a snicker.

“Just shut the fuck up. I can do whatever I want with whomever I want. And FYI Dean and I have a past and there is no way I’m going back to that.” I stomped by her to my car and grabbed another map, candle and lighter out of my glove box. I wanted to perform the locating spell again to see if it would point me to this spot. That would indicate there was something majorly up with this chick.

I did the whole thing again and what do you know it pointed to the hotel. I looked up from the smoldering map and in the direction of the girl. Something was up and I was going to find out. I whistled to Samael who was somewhere behind me rooting in some leaves. “Come on Samael. We have to talk to Dean.” I threw the map on the ground and the candle and lighter back into my glove box.

The girl looked at me as I passed but didn’t say anything. I know she saw what I did by the look on her face but I didn’t really give a damn.

“Dean there’s something up with that girl.” I whispered as I entered the door. But when I looked at the bed Dean was fast asleep, his boots and shirt off and everything. Samael sniffed Dean’s boots and sneezed then laid down in the unoccupied bed. I walked over to Samael’s bed and pushed him over so that I could lie down. “Good night Samael.” I whispered and turned the light off.

I looked around confused. I had no clue where I was. I was somewhere outside on a beach, the sky was dark and lit up with stars. I could hear waves crashing not too far off and could feel the sand between my toes.

“I’m glad to see you again.” A deep voice I recognized spoke behind me.

I turned around to see Dean standing behind me in a tee shirt and jeans. He had no shoes on and was just standing there smiling at me like so many times before. I looked down to see I was dressed in a white lacy sun dress. “What are you doing here?” I asked trying not to lose composure; for some reason I was going to cry. The feeling felt so foreign in origin.

“I’m sorry Lisha. I didn’t know their plans. I didn’t know they were going on a hunt while we were gone.”

I shook my head not wanting to hear that my only family was dead. I glared at him and clenched my fists at my sides. “Shut up Dean, shut up!”

He looked down at the sand, “Dad just called. You’re parents they’re…”

“Shut up! Shut up! Shut up!” I covered my ears like a little kid. I didn’t want to hear it! I just wanted to stand there and enjoy the beach for the first time.

Dean came up to me and wrapped his arms around me. “Shhh…it’s going to be alright.” He tried calming me but I didn’t want his comfort.

“Get away from me!” I screamed trying to push him away. “It’s your fault! I should have been with them! I should be dead with them!”

Dean placed his hands on either side of my face. “Don’t you ever say that Alisha, ever. I know it may not seem like it but you will survive this.” I let out a sob trying not to make any noise. “I love you and I’m not going to let you think like that.”

I looked at him astonished. He said the three words he swore never to say. I stepped away from him and shook my head. “I-I can’t do this right now.”

Dean grabbed my hand and pulled me towards himself. “Please Alisha.”

I shook my head and pushed away from him. “I can’t.” I whispered and ran away from him.


“Hey Alisha!” I jumped, grabbing my gun out from under the pillow, aiming it at the person in my room.

It was Dean of course and he had his hands up. “I was just seeing if you were okay. I was in the bathroom when you called me...or I thought you were calling me and when I came in here you were crying or whatever.”

I put my gun down and wiped my face, sure enough there were tears running down my face. “God I hate you.” I grumbled, wiping my cheeks.

“Yeah I highly doubt that.” He came in and sat on the edge of the bed. “Let me guess, a nightmare?”

I pulled my knees to my chest and petted Samael who was still beside me. “It was the day we found out my parents were dead. You know the beach? And it was also…” I hesitated and Dean finished for me.

“And the day I told you I love you.” He chuckled. “It’s amazing how much things change.” He got up from the bed and headed for the door. “Sam has food in our room. You should really eat.” And then he left the room.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay so when I was writing this I was listening to Lie to Me by 12 stones and When I Look at You by Miley Cyrus...doesn't really match the first part of the chapter but it definitely matches the second lol