Status: New (Read Author's note at the end of chapter 7)

How To Save A Life

Jessica knows time is running out. She can feel it in her bones just like the end of senior year, just like the empty feeling in her pocket with no way to pay for college in the fall, and just like the impending doom in her stomach. At just seventeen, she can't imagine the future ahead, let alone the summer just before her feet.

That is until she holds the letter in her hands with an answer to all her worries.

Zackary's abandoned the idea of wishing leukemia was no longer a part of his life. Now he must accept the disease as his friend as it eats away and kills him. A great friend, right? Now, it's his last year of life and there's one thing in the world he wants: a friend who he can get to really understand his ending life's worries.

His parents have a different plan.

What happens when a simple summer becomes the landscape for a crash course to an untimely romance? And in the end, is it really possible to know how to save a life?

_
Layout thanks to TheHorrorRomantic
  1. Prologue
  2. Jessica
  3. Zach
    The Flashback
  4. Jessica
    Jessica has dinner out (Banner inside Author's Note)
  5. Zach
    Zackary and the Frog
  6. Jessica
    Jessica tries to make a choice
  7. Zach
    Olds friends and new problems
  8. Jessica
    Breakfast with Liam