Status: Active

I Don't Need This Right Now

Ten

The next morning Jack wakes up before Alex. Which was a rare occasion. He finds himself with not clothes on and Alex in the same situation. They had sex. Jack get’s up and takes a shower hoping to wake Alex up so he can possibly join him. He turns on the water and walks back into the bedroom while he waits for it to warm. Alex yawns and sits up in bed. “You were amazing last night.” Jack says. Alex rubs his eye to get the morning crust out. “You too.” He yawns again. “Wanna join me for a shower?” Jack asks. Alex gets up and walks towards Jack. He grabs his hand and walks to the bathroom with Jack.

After the shower they come back realizing how dirty the place was. There were beer bottles all over the floor along with paper plates. “This will be fun.” Alex says. Jack just stares at the floor with wide eyes. “Fuck man.” They grab the trash bags out from under the sink and start picking up the trash. “I’m scared to look at the backyard.” Jack says. They open the door. It wasn’t that bad actually. Just a few bottle of beer and that was it. They throw the garbage into the dumpster and Jack decides to do some research on adopting a puppy from their local shelter. Alex goes upstairs to do the laundry. He picks up the clothes from the night before. He notices something. There wasn’t a condom wrapper anywhere. Not in the trash or on the floor. Fuck. Maybe Jack just threw it away in a different trash can. Alex didn’t question Jack. He just finished the laundry and went downstairs to check on Jack.

Jack and Alex walk into the animal shelter “Hi there. May I help you?” The lady at the front desk asks. “Uh, we’re looking for the dogs.” Alex says. “Alright, dogs are just down that hallway. She points straight ahead. “Thank you!” Jack pulls Alex’s arms towards the rooms full of dogs. There was a little white toy Pomeranian. “Alex! Lets get this one!” Jack opens the cage and takes her out. He holds her up to her face and she licks his nose. “Aww.” Jack says. “Are you sure?” Alex asks. “Yes, she’s perfect.”



“Rian, we’re gonna be late!” Zack says. Today was Zack’s second appointment. And since he might be able to hear the heartbeat this time he should bring Rian. Right? They pull into the parking lot and they walk inside to the clinic. He checks in at the front desk and waits in the waiting room. “How long do you usually wait before you get inside?” Rian asks. “Uh like fifteen minutes? I don’t know. This is only the second time I’ve been here.” “Zack, you’re up next.” Jackie says. Does the same process again and leaves them in the examining room. “I am so impatient I want to hear the heartbeat already.” Rian says. There was a knock on the door and Dr Fitzgerald walks in. “Hello Zack, and this is the other half of this baby too am I right?” She asks Rian. “Yes. I’m Rian.” He gets up and shakes her hand. “Well let’s hear the heartbeat of this baby then.” She gets the device to hear the heartbeat. She movies it all around Zack’s belly. Rian looks at Zack and Zack is looking at the doctor. Her face saddens. “I’m sorry but…” Zack instantly knew. Rian takes Zack’s hands holds it up to his face. “You’ve.. lost the baby.”