Status: Active

I Don't Need This Right Now

Eleven

Rian and Zack walk out of the clinic. “You alright?” Rian asks. Zack shakes his head. “Babe, I’m-I’m sorry.” A tear slides down Zack’s cheeks. “Just take me home.” Zack whispers. Rian does what he’s told. “Look, I still want to be with you. Baby or no baby. I want to be with you.” Rian tells Zack. Zack looks over. “I want to be with you too.”



“Fuck, Alex! She pissed all over the floor again!” Jack yells. “Ugh, you need to potty train her.” Alex tells Jack. “How the hell do you to that?” Alex scoffs and takes their new puppy, they decided to name Powder, out to the backyard. He closes the screen door and sits on the other side. “No you go to the bathroom.” Alex tells Powder. But instead she puts her nose against the screen door and licks it. “She’s so stupid oh my god!” Jack screams. “Be patient, shes only a little puppy anyways so calm down.” Alex stands up and wraps his arms around Jack. “What do you want for breakfast?” Jack asks. “Waffles?” Alex’s face lights up. “Fine.” Jack grabs the mix out of the cupboard and starts to whisk the mix with water and eggs. Alex lets powder inside and she runs back into her kennel to play with her favorite toy, a stuffed octopus. Jack sets down a plate of waffles down on the table with some orange juice. “I’m thinking of getting a job.” Jack tells Alex. “Where?” He asks. “I don’t know. Probably some place at the mall.” Both Alex and Jack know that they have enough for them and a kid for the next ten years. But it would help if Jack and Alex got a job.

Later that day Jack drives out to the mall and steps inside a Ragstock. “Do you have any applications?” He asks. “Yeah sure.” He takes a clipboard off of the counter and begins to fill it out. He checks some boxes, writes down things and leaves his telephone number on the sheet of paper. He puts down the clipboard on the front desk and walks out of the store.

While Jack was out looking for jobs Alex was at home. Puking his guts up. He spits the last of his vomit into the toilet before flushing. He rinses his mouth out and goes back to watching Ace of Cakes on Food Network. Powder runs around in the backyard and she starts to bark. He gets up and lets her back inside. But right as she walks inside she starts barking to go back outside. “Will you stop barking?” Alex asks. She stops. “Wow, good girl.” He opens the screen door and lets her back outside. This time she goes to the bathroom and comes back to lie on the deck. Alex walks back over to the couch but before he can sit down he feels food start to come back up. “Oh fuck.” Alex turn around and walks towards the bathroom. He looks at his vomit in the toilet. “When the fuck did I have that?” He asks himself. Just as he flushes the toilet Jack comes home. “Hey babe!” He hears him scream. A second after that he throws up again. Jack opens the bathroom door to see Alex crouched down on the toilet. “Oh shit, you sick?” Jack asks. “Yeah. Ugh I’m going to take a nap.” Alex goes upstairs and lies on his bed. Just before he falls asleep his phone starts ringing. “Hello?” He answers. “Alex, it’s Rian.” “Yeah what?” “Uh, Zack and I lost the baby and Zack isn’t doing too well.” Alex sits up quickly making him feel nauseous again. “Uh, yeah, Jack and I will be right over.”

Jack and Alex drive to Rian’s townhouse. “Where’s Zack?” Alex asks. “He’s in the room. He won’t come out.” Rian sighs as he buries his face in his hands. “Ri, it’ll be alright. I’m sure everybody goes through this that’s lost a baby. It’ll take some time for him to go back to the usual Zack.” While Alex talks to Rian, Jack goes into the room and sees Zack laying on the bed. Zack stares blankly at the ceiling fan. “Uh, Hey.” Jack says. Jack and Zack were never that close. It was always either Jack & Alex and Rian & Zack or Alex & Zack and Jack & Rian. But now would probably be a good time to get closer to Zack. Zack didn’t move a muscle. “Zack, I know you feel bad, but everything happens for a reason. Maybe it wasn’t a good time to have a baby. Maybe this was something to make you and Ri stronger individuals, a stronger couple. I mean you guys didn’t break up or anything so you guys are going to have to go through this together. Don’t mute him out or anything. Just talk to him. Talk about how you feel about this situation. He’s left hanging in the kitchen and he feels so bad.” Jack tells Zack. Zack turns his head and mumbles “Okay”