Status: Active

I Don't Need This Right Now

Fifteen

Someone knocks on the door. It was only Alex left in the living room so he walks over to the door and opens it. "Alex? What are you doing here?" Jack asks as he sets down Zack's apartment key on the kitchen counter. "Rian!" Alex shouts. Rian opens the bedroom door and walks over to the two. "What?" He asks. Alex looked at the keys on the counter and Rian takes them. He heads back to the room and closes the door. "Very funny, Alex." Jack turns around and heads towards the door. "Why, Jack? Why won't you even talk to me?" Alex asks. Jack turns around and says "I'm scared."

--

Jack and Alex get home to powder laying out on the back porch. "How did you tell Zack?" Jack asked. "I told him. That's why him and Rian were in the room." Alex explained to Jack. "Well since you're pregnant and all that lovely stuff, when is your doctors appointment?" Alex totally forgot about that. "I should schedule one shouldn't I?" Jack nods.

--

Two days after Jack came home, Alex and Jack went to the clinic to check on the baby. "Alex?" A nurse says. Alex and Jack stand up and move into the back of the clinic to where all the rooms and equipment are. "I'm Christelle, and I'll be your nurse today." She does the regular nurse things and she leads them into the examining room. "Okay everything's looking normal. The doctor should be here shortly." She smiles and walks out the door. "I hate doctors offices." Jack mumbles. "Hey, I was here when Zack had to find out if he was pregnant or not. It was nerve wrecking just being there but you should try being the one that's pregnant." Alex snaps. The door knocks. "Hi, I'm Dr. Bennett." She shakes Jack and Alex's hands. "So let's see this baby." Alex lifts his shirt up and she squeezes the jelly onto his stomach. "Okay so you're a little more than 6 weeks pregnant. Have you had any morning sickness or anything?" She asks. "I've been having really bad morning sickness." Alex tells her. "Well try to eat a little at a time. It really won't matter if anything stays down or not because the nutrients would still go to the baby. I'll prescribe some prenatal vitamins and you should start on those asap. Don't do any excessive exercising, try not to drink pop or coffee too much, too much coffee isn't good for the baby. And raise your calorie intake." She wipes off the jelly from Alex's stomach. "I'll see you guys in a week." She closes the door. "Wow. I can't believe we're actually going to have a baby." Jack says. "I know. We should probably start getting it's things." "But I wanna wait to know if it's a boy or girl." Jack says. "Ugh are you sure? That seems like such a long time away." "Yes, because I don't want to get a pink crib and the baby turns out to be a boy." "Hey, pink is an awesome color."

They get in the car and drive home. "When should we tell our parents?" Alex asks. "How about tonight?" "Why tonight?" "Because we're kinda close to your parents' right now, if we just exit in two miles we can easily drive over. And my parents' house isn't that far from your parents' so we can go now." Alex knew that Jack was right. "Fine." Alex sighs. Jack digs his phone out of his pocket and he dials the number of Alex's parents. "Jack?" Alex's mom picks up. "Hey." "Have you done it yet?" She asks. "No, but we're going to stop by. We aren't that far so I might do it there." Jack tries not to drop too many hints to Alex. "Do you want me to call your parents over too?" Isobel asks. "Sure, sounds great." Jack hangs up the phone. "What was that all about?" Alex asks. "Oh nothing." Alex rolls his eyes.

--

They pull into the Gaskarth's driveway. "Why your parents here?" Alex asks Jack. "Who knows. Our parents love each other." "True." They walk out of the car and Jack laces his fingers with Alex. Alex knocks on the door and his mom answers the door. "Alex!" She hugs Alex and kisses him on the cheek and she does the same to Jack. "Hey Mrs. Gaskarth" Jack says. "Jack, how many times do we have to tell you? You can call us Isobel and Peter. You're practically family to us it doesn't matter." Joyce comes and hugs Alex. In the other room, Jack and Isobel were talking. "When are you going to do it?" She asks. "Get into the living room and then I will!" Isobel and Jack walk into the living room and she sits down next to Peter. "Babe, you wanna tell them?" Alex tells Jack. "Not yet, I have to tell.. er I mean ask you something first." Alex looks at Jack with a confused look. "Stand up." Alex does what he was told and Jack gets down on one knee. "Jack.." "Alex, the very first time I saw you I thought you were a total douche. But then we came the best of friends." Jack looks up at Alex and tears are spilling over his cheeks. "During high school we got closer, but then you asked me to homecoming during our junior year. And then we went to college and those were the best years of my life." He pauses and bites his lip telling himself not to cry. "And now here we are. Your parents told me it was okay. So Alex Gaskarth, will you marry me?" Alex nods. "Yes. Yes, Jack I'll marry you." Jack puts the ring on Alex's finger and stands up. "I love you so much Jack." Alex presses his lips against Jack's. They look back and see their moms in tears. "You wanna tell them now?" Jack asks. "Mom, dad, Joyce, Bassam. I'm pregnant. Jack and I are having a son or daughter."