Status: Active

I Don't Need This Right Now

Twenty Two

Alex and Jack are sitting in the examination room. Jack sighs “Oh my fucking god! Can she just get here already?” Since Jack had a really short attention span, five minutes felt like five years. “Hey guys, sorry if you guys waited for a while. Let’s check out this baby.” She moves the little camera over Alex’s belly. “The baby’s looking healthy. Have you guys thought of any names yet?” She asks the two. “Chassadee Elise or Kylie Renee for a girl. And Devon Michael or Luke Spencer for a boy.” Jack tells her. “Those are very nice names. Would you guys like to hear he heartbeat?” She asks “Yes.” They both say in unison. She gets the device and wraps it around Alex’s belly. She turns it on and they hear the thuds to it’s heart. Alex and Jack just stare at the monitor in disbelief. They were actually going to have a baby. A tear slides down Alex’s cheek, he didn’t bother to wipe it because he didn’t want to ruin the moment. “Your baby has a healthy heart rate. Do you guys have any questions?” “Sex, is it alright if we have it?” Jack asks. “It’s fine. But as you get closer to the due date don’t go too rough or you can start early labor. Anything else?” They both shake their heads. “Well I’ll see you guys in another few weeks.”

“That was… amazing.” Jack says as enters the house. He turns to Alex. “What’s wrong?” “What? Nothing. I’m still in shock that we’re having a kid.” They sit on the couch. “What now?” Alex asks. “Oh, you know.” Jack nudges his nose into Alex’s neck. “Jack, seriously. What do you want to do?” “You.” Jack starts kissing Alex’s neck. “Jack.. come on.” Alex wasn’t about to cave. But it’s been a while since they’ve had sex. “Are you sure you don’t wanna?” Jack asks seductively. “I want to… but..” “But what? Dr. Bennett said it was alright.” Jack says between kisses. “So come on. Our bedroom isn’t that far away.” Jack keeps kissing and nipping at Alex’s neck. Alex caves in, he stands up and leads Jack up to their room.
--
Alex wakes up to his phone buzzing on the nightstand. He looks at his clock, 5:00 am in big red numbers. “Hello?” He answers. “Alex? It’s Rian.” Rian says on the other line. Alex knew something was wrong due to the terror in his voice. “What’s wrong?” Alex tries to sit up but the weight of Jack’s arm forced him down. “I woke up and Zack wasn’t here. I checked the living room and the bathroom and I couldn’t find him. I called him but he isn’t answering his phone. I called his parents but they don’t know where he is either. I found a note on the counter that he’s leaving.” Rian quickly says. “Would he back at his apartment?” “No, he returned the keys a week ago so he wouldn’t be able to go back into his apartment. Alex, I’m worried. Apparently his sister’s pregnant, and since of the miscarriage and you getting pregnant.. I think this is just too much for him.” Alex understood what Rian was saying, but Zack was a pretty strong person, not only physically, but emotionally and mentally. “I’m sure he’s just walking around somewhere. I’m sure he’s going to be back by later today or tomorrow.” “I hope you’re right.” Alex hangs up. "Is everything alright?" Jack mumbles in his sleep. "Yeah, everything's fine."