Status: Active

I Don't Need This Right Now

Thirty One

Two months later, seven months pregnant

“Oh my god Jack give me your hand.” Alex says. “Wait? Wh-” Before Jack can answer Alex, his hand is on Alex’s belly. “What the fuck was that?” Jack stares at Alex with wide eyes. “It’s the baby you dumbass.” Alex smiles. “Well sorry.” “Do you have anymore names for me?” Alex asks. “Preston Blake.” “Jesus Jack, how do you come up with all these names?” “I read the baby name books.” “Well, how about for a girl?” Alex asks. “Lyssa Rose.” “That’s pretty.” Alex starts to write all the names down that Jack gave him. “So for a boy we have Preston Blake, Devin Michael and Luke Spencer. For a girl we have Chassadee Marie, Kylie Renee, and Lyssa Rose.” Alex reads off the list. “Yup, but they might change once we see the baby.” “True. Now I kinda wanna know if the baby is a boy or a girl.” “See, now look at what you’ve done.” Jack says. “Jack, shut up. I’ll probably change my mind again.” “Then you’ll change your mind again.” Alex hits Jack. “Ow, fuck what was that for?” “For being a douche.”

Once again, Alex was alone. “Ow fuck, stop kicking.” he mumbles to the baby inside of him. The doorbell rings. “Who the fuck would visit right now?” He mumbles. Alex has been really moody lately. He loves Jack one second, but the next he wants to punch him in the face. Alex opens the door. “Is this the Barakat-Gaskarth house?” A UPS delivery man asks. “Yes, uh may I help you?” “Just sign this and we’ll bring the package in.” The man holds out a clipboard and Alex signs, “Thank you very much.” He goes back to his truck and grabs the package. “What a fucking package?” Alex asks himself. The delivery man hands him the package and mumbles a ‘have a nice day’. Alex looks at who it’s addressed to. It was Jack’s. “Oh well then.” Alex sets it aside and looks at the clock, Jack would be home any minute for lunch. So Alex decides to shower and if he had time he’d make something for Jack. After his shower he finds Jack sitting on the couch eating a sandwich. “Did you see your package next to the door?” Alex asks. “Yup.” “Why didn’t you open it then?” “Cause it’s for you.” Alex smiles. “What?” Alex looks at Jack confused. “It’s for you, go open it.” Jack says. Alex goes to the kitchen and gets a pair of scissors out. He drags the package to the living room. “Jack, what is it? It’s really fucking heavy.” “Just open it dammit.” Alex cuts the tape at the sides, the he cuts the tape off of the top. “Ohmygod Jack!” Alex screams. Jack walks over and wraps his arms around Alex’s waist. It was a brand new MacBook Pro. Alex had his old mac since his junior year of high school, so six years. “I also ordered some clothes for our baby that should be here in a few days too.” “Where the hell are you getting all this money from?” Alex looks at Jack. “I have a job, that actually pays quite well to be honest.” “Well, I need a job.” “After we get married and have the baby.” “Fine. But we need to get like a real job with good pay and stuff.” “I’ll apply for school next year. I’ll go be an accountant or something.” “You suck with numbers though.” “Shut up.”