Status: Active

I Don't Need This Right Now

Thirty Four

It was that time of Alex’s pregnancy. The time where he could go into labor at any second. “Okay, Alex, if you go into labor just call me. Alright?” Jack says. “Yeah, I got it. Just go to work before you’re late.” Jack kisses Alex’s cheek and walks out the door. “Any second now..” He looks down at his fully grown belly. How the fuck was he going to lose all this weight? He sighs. He walks around his empty home. He lies down on the couch and switches the TV on.

“Lex, wake up.” Jack says as he pokes Alex. “Lex, come one.” Alex opens his eyes. “Fuck what time is it?” Alex asks. “Like, three in the afternoon.” “Shit, I’ve been sleeping since nine in the morning.” “Well, then. Whaddya wanna do?” “Don’t you have work still?” Alex fixes his hair. “Nah, it was a really slow day so they told me to come home.” “Oh well then. Whaddya wanna do? I’m full of energy right now.” Alex stands up. “Nothing really. I don’t want to go anywhere because I don’t want to risk you going into labor.” “Jack, I can do whatever I want. I’m not in bed rest.” Alex opens the fridge. “Ow fuck!” Alex screams. “Ohmygod, Lex, you alright? Was that a contraction or-” “Jack, calm down. I just stubbed my toe.” “Don’t scare me like that.” “Jack, just calm down. I’m sure I won’t go into labor anytime soon.”

“Alex, I gotta go to work. Again-” “Yeah, yeah, call if I need anything. Blah blah blah.” Alex waves Jack off. “I swear if this baby isn’t born soon…” “Jack just go before you’re late.” “Just, don’t hurt yourself. Alright?” “Yeah, I know. Go, now.” Alex demands. “Fine. Bye.” Jack gets into his car and drives to work. Alex’s phone rings. “Hello?” Alex answers. “Hey, can you come over?” Rian asks. Alex and Rian haven’t talked for who knows how long. “Yeah, sure.”Alex drives over to Rian’s house and he knocks on the door. “Hey, what’s up?” Alex asks as he walks through the door. “Fuck, you got huge.” “Thanks for noticing. So what did you want?” Alex asks. “I dunno. I just felt like having someone over.” “Well, I guess that’s an excuse.” Alex sits down on the couch. “So, uh, have you gotten anything from-.” “No. I doubt I will soon.” Rian rubs the back of his neck. “Ri, he’ll be back soon.” Alex puts his hands on his stomach. “Ow, fuck.” “What?” Rian stands up straighter. “Holy shit. That fucking hurt.” “Alex, are you?” Rian panics a little. “Ri, give me the phone.” Alex calls Jack who picks him up at Rian’s house. “You gonna follow us or?” Jack asks Rian. “Yeah, sure, I guess.” Rian grabs his car keys. They walk over to the cars and Alex sits in the passenger seat of Jack’s car. Alex grabs his phone and dials Zack’s number. If course, he has to leave a voice mail. “Hey Zack. It’s uh, Alex. I’m going into labor and if you cared about me, Jack, this baby, hell if you even care about Rian, you would go to St. Johns hospital right now.” Alex hangs up. “You think he’s gonna come?” Jack asks. “You never know with Zack.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay wow this fic is almost over.