Status: Active

I Don't Need This Right Now

Thirty Five

“Ow fuck. Jack this fucking hurts.” Alex yells. They’ve only been at the hospital for five minutes and Alex’s contractions were getting even more painful. “Yeah, I know. I’m sorry Lex, I really am. But in a couple of hours, our baby will be out and brought into this world.” Jack tells Alex. Jack grabs Alex’s hand and laces his fingers with Alex’s. Rian, who was pretty much a third wheel, was sitting awkwardly in a chair. “So, exactly when will this baby be born?” Rian asks. “Probably not for a while, his contractions aren’t close enough.” Jack turns around. “Well fuck, if it isn’t going to be born soon I’m gonna go.” Rian stands up. “Ri, come on. It would be awesome if you were here.” Jack says. “But it’s taking so long.” “Fine, go home and we’ll call you when the baby’s born.” Alex snaps. “Good god, if it’ll piss you off that much then I’ll stay.” Rian sits back down in his spot. “You don’t have to stay if you don’t want to. But if you can then stay. I’m sure this is a lot better than being at home.” Jack turns around and says. “Good point.” Rian grabs the tv remote and turns it to food network.



After a good six hours of horrible labor, Alex and Jack were the parents of a baby boy, Preston Blake. “Jack, I can’t believe it.” Jack’s mom puts her hand on Jack’s shoulder. Alex cradles that baby in his arms. “Jack, you wanna hold him?” Alex sniffs. He hasn’t stopped crying since Preston was born. Jack reaches out for his son. “Hey buddy, I was totally right, you were a boy!” A tear slides down Jack’s cheek. “You look like a dad.” Peter says. “Thanks.” Jack sniffs.

After Alex and Jack’s parents leave, Tory and Kennedy visited. “Ken, you owe me ten dollars.” Tori says. “No I don’t.” “It was actually fifteen but I’m being nice, hand it over.” Kennedy goes through her purse and pulls out ten dollars. “He’s so cute. What’d you guys name him?” Kennedy asks. “Preston.” Alex says. “Can I hold him?” Tori asks. “Sure.” Alex hands over Preston to Tori. “Fuck, I’m proud of you guys.” Kennedy says. “Ken, is that a tear?” Rian asks. “Shut the fuck up.” She wipes her tear with the sleeve of her hoodie. “Lemme hold him, Tor.” She carefully takes Preston from Tori’s arms. “Jack, he looks so much like you.” Tori says. “I swear to god, if he get’s Jack’s looks he’ll get every single girl pregnant in high school.” Alex says. “He’ll be a horny teenager like me!” Jack smiles. “Jack, you know what we forgot?” “What?” “To put the car seat in the car. God dammit!” “You know, being parents and all, you guys need to cut down on the swearing. Unless you want Preston’s first word to be ‘fuck’.” Rian smiles. “Well, it wouldn’t be a big surprise if it was.” Alex yawns. “We should go. I mean you look really tired and all.” Tori says. “Yeah, I have some stuff to finish at home. We’ll come visit at the house sometime.” Kennedy opens the door for Tori and they walk out. “What now?” Alex asks. “I don’t know. Ri, you can go home if you want? I mean it’s getting late and visiting hours are about to end.” Jack says. “I’ll leave when they decide to kick me out.” They hear the door open and everybody’s head turns. “Hey.”
♠ ♠ ♠
There are only five more chapters left in this story. I'm not 100% sure if I'm going to do a sequel though.