Status: Active

I Don't Need This Right Now

Thirty Six

Everybody turns to who was at the door. It was Zack. Jack and Alex both turned over to Rian. Rian didn’t really care, or at least it seemed as if he didn’t care. “So how’s the baby?” Zack asks. “Well okay you leave for this long and that’s all you have to say?” Alex says. “After all of this? You left Rian, you left me, you left Jack. You left all of us. And that’s it? ‘how’s the baby?’” “Alex, calm down. He’s here alright? Isn’t that all that matters?” “I obviously know that Zack is here Jack. Thanks for stating the obvious.” Alex crosses his arms and switches on the TV. Jack just stood there not knowing what to do. After five minutes of awkward and high tension air, Rian stands up and leaves. “Shit.” Jack mumbles.



The next day was the day where they had to learn basically everything. “Alright you two, to change his diaper you take these sticky tabs off.” The nurse undoes the diaper and throws it into the trash. “Then you lift his legs up and slide the new diaper under him. You fold this front part over. And then you pull the sticky tabs over on the front.” After the diaper changing there was the swaddling lesson and the bathing lesson. Jack and Alex never knew that giving a baby would be as hard as it was. After all of it was done they were ready to go home. “Shit fuck.” “What?” Alex turns to look at Jack. “I didn’t put the car seat in.” “Jack, they won’t let us go home unless we have a car seat.” “Yeah, I know.” Jack grabs his phone and calls Alex’s dad.

Luckily Alex’s dad has a key to the house. He drives over and brings it over to Jack and Alex. “Thanks Dad.” Alex says. “No problem. Your mom says that if you guys ever need a night away from Preston, just call us and we’ll watch him.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh my GOD. I'm so so so so sorry that this is REALLY short. I saved this chapter onto my computer and then it got deleted and I couldn't find it ANYWHERE.