Status: Active

I Don't Need This Right Now

Fourty

"You sure this is a good idea?" Jack asks. "Yeah, I think it is." Alex says. Jack knocks on the door to Rian and Zack's new house. "Hey guys!" Rian says flashing his pearly white smile. "Hey. We brought you a gift." Jack says lifting the box that he has in his arms. "You guys didn't have to." Rian says as he let's the three into the house. "You poked air holes in the box right?" Alex mumbles. "Yes, I did." "Then why the fuck is it so quiet?" Alex asks. "I dunno. Maybe it's sleeping." Jack says. Alex carefully removes a sleeping Preston from the car seat. "Where's Zack?" Alex asks. "He's upstairs I think." "This is a nice place. Is this all the stuff you had at the old townhouse?" Jack asks. "Most of it, the rest will come tomorrow. So, what'd you get us." "Tell Zack to get his ass down here and you guys will find out." Alex says. "Hey guys." Zack says as he races down the stairs. "What's in the box?" He looks at Alex then Jack confused. "Open it." Jack says. Zack sits down on the ground with his legs crossed. He lifts a flap open and then that's when she ruins the surprise. "Holy fucking shit you guys are giving us Powder?" Zack asks. "Yeah, we couldn't handle her since Pres was born, so we decided to give it to you guys." Alex says as he sits down on the couch. "Ri, can we keep him?" Zack asks. "I mean, I guess we can." "Yay! I love you." "Well, I'll go get her toys and stuff from the car. Be right back." Jack says and walks out the door. "You seriously didn't have to give us her, Lex." Zack says. "Uh, yeah we did. She nipped at Preston the other day. We figured that we'll probably get another dog once he's older." "You got a fucking Pomeranian, they nip a lot." Zack says. "Well sorry! When we got her we just thought she was cute. We didn't really look into it." Alex gets up and walks over to the back "Holy fuck you guys even have a pool?" "Yup." Rian says. "I'm expecting a pool party every weekend this summer." Alex says. "Hell no. I didn't even want a pool. Zack made us get this one because of the pool." "Hey, you didn't have to get this one." Zack yells from the other room. Rian rolls his eyes. "What is taking Jack so long?" Alex asks. Preston starts squirming around in his arms. "Here, hold him." Alex gives Pres to Rian and Alex walks out the door. "Jack, what's taking so long?" Alex asks. "I'm taking my time." Jack says. "With what? You only have to put all of her shit into the kennel and then drag it into the house." Alex says. "I know that, but I don't wanna." "Oh my god." Alex grabs the dog toys and the dog food. "You carry the damn kennel into the house and I'll bring this shit into the house." Alex says.

--

It was four am and Preston was screaming. "I'll get him." Jack stands up. "But you've been getting him since we've been home." Alex groans. "Yeah, so? You were pregnant for nine months. It's the least I could do." Jack walks to the nursery "Hey bud. What's wrong?" Jack picks him up and sets him on the changing table. He changes Preston's dirty diaper and feeds him a bottle. "You know, you've been a good little boy. You haven't been waking up daddy or papa up that much." Jack looks down at his son. His big brown eyes stare into Jack's, Jack never thought that he could create something so beautiful in his life. Considering that if he decided to draw a self portrait it would just look like a stick person a six year old could draw. He decided to cherish every moment he had with his son because before he knew it, Preston would be out on his own. By the time Preston was done with his bottle, he had no intention of going back to sleep anytime soon. Jack brings him into the room and sets him down on the bed between his legs. "He didn't fall asleep again did he?" Alex asks as he turns around to look at Jack. "Yup. He's laying down right here observing our room." Jack says. Alex sits up and looks at Jack, then at Preston. "Do you want more kids, Jack?" Alex asks. "Of course I do. But I wanna get married first." Jack smiles. "When should we get married?" "Not till Pres is a little older. Like one or something. Why does it even matter?" "It doesn't, as long as I have you and Preston, I'm fine."
♠ ♠ ♠
I just wanna thank you guys for sticking with me :-) I'm going to start writing out a sequel soon so watch out for that