Status: Active

I Don't Need This Right Now

Five

“Do you think it’s a boy or a girl?” Jack asks Alex when the walk inside their house. “I don’t know.” Alex says. “Can we get a puppy?” Jack asks. “Sure.” Alex and Jack love dogs. So why not? “Really?” Jack’s face lights up. “Yeah, but after the house warming party. We don’t want someone to step on it.” Alex says. “But I want it before the party.” Jack nags. “It’s either a puppy after the party or not party and dog at all.” Alex tell Jack. “Dammit fine. What do you want for dinner?” Jack asks. “I don’t care. We need to go grocery shopping.” Alex tells Jack. “Then let’s go.” “But we’ve been out way too many times already today. And what if the delivery man comes with our mattress and we aren’t home?” “Fine.” Jack pulls out the drawer with the take out menus. “Wok Palace, Pizza King or Crazy Wings?” Alex thinks for a minute. “Pizza King” Alex says as he walks upstairs to change into sweatpants and a t shirt. He unbuttons his skinny jeans and slide them off. He feels someones arms wrap around his waist. “What’d you order?” Alex asks. “A Hawaiian pizza with cinnamon sticks.” Jack knew that Hawaiian pizza was Alex’s favorite. Jack rests his head on Alex’s shoulder. Alex turns his head and kisses Jack. “I love you Jack.” “I love you too, Alex.” The doorbell rings. “Please dear god let that be the mattress.” Jack says as he races down the stairs. “Yeah just bring it up here.” Alex hears Jack say leading the delivery men up the stairs into their room. They plop the mattress onto the frame. “Thanks guys!” Jack says. Alex grabs sheets and new pillowcases out of the closet and neatly puts the sheet around their new mattress and replaces the old pillowcases with new ones. He grabs the blanket smooths it onto the bed. Alex was the first on the bed and Jack comes and joins him. Alex moves in closer to Jack and Jack puts his arm around Alex. The doorbell rings. “It’s your turn to get the door.” Jack tells Alex.