Status: Active

Heartbreak Warfare

Time For a Little Revenge

“Why are you coming again? I really don’t think it’s a good idea.” Becca sighed from the other end of the phone.

“I know he wrote a fucking song about me and since I know Nick, I know it’s not a nice song. If he’s going to bitch about me then he can do it while I’m in the audience.” I said as I maneuvered my way through rush hour traffic.

“Just go out and buy the cd if you want to listen to it so badly.”

“I am not going to buy a cd because I will not have my money supporting him… Wait. You know what the song is, don’t you?”

Becca hesitated for a few seconds before saying, “Yes, and believe me it’s best if you don’t come tonight.”

“Hell no, I’m still coming. If the song is that bad then I’m going to be front and center.”

Becca’s been my best friend since we were three so she knows by now that it’d be no use arguing with me. She finally gave in and said, “Fine. I’m at the venue already so I’ll save you a spot.”

“Thanks. Make sure it’s where Nick will see me.”

I hung up my phone and turned my attention back to the road.

“Hey asshole!” I yelled at the driver who had just cut me off as I flipped my middle finger towards him. It seemed as if the whole world was out to get me today and today was not the day to mess with me.

I finally pulled up to the venue and got out of my car after checking my hair and outfit one last time. I wanted to make sure I looked great. I walked into the venue and saw Becca standing front row center. I smiled to myself because I knew there was no way he could miss me when I was right in front of him.

“Hey Becca. How’s Justin?” I asked the petite short-haired girl as I went over to stand by her.

“Great. I really missed him while he was on tour. He’s getting ready to leave in a few days for Chico though because Jimmy’s out there so they’re going to work on Brighten music. I hate that I barely get to see my brothers.”

Becca Richards and I have been best friends for years. Her brother, Justin, is the guitarist for A Rocket To The Moon and also the singer/guitarist for a band called Brighten along with their other brother, Jimmy, and another guy. I’m actually really good friends with Justin too. Justin and Becca have always been close. They’re more like best friends than siblings. Justin was always around when I was hanging out with Becca so I just became friends with him too. He looked out for me like he was my older brother.

“Damn, A.J. if I didn’t know you better I’d think that you were trying to win Nick back looking like that.” Becca said after looking over my outfit.

“Hell no! I’m just trying to show him what he’s missing. He’ll be sorry.” I smirked.

“Maybe you should wait until you hear the song before thinking that he’ll be sorry. After listening to Nick’s lyrics I’m pretty sure he doesn’t miss you.”

“On a scale of I just broke a nail to my father cheating on my mom when I was younger, how bad is it?”

“I’d say an eight.” Becca grimaced.

“Damn that fake ginger.” I muttered.

“I tried to warn you.”

The boys walked on stage at that moment and the crowd instantly went crazy. Justin saw Becca and me and waved at us. Nick looked over to see who he was waving at and our eyes locked for just a second. I saw a look of hatred flash through his eyes but then he quickly smirked; and nothing good happens when Nick Santino smirks.

The boys started playing and, as much as I hated to admit it, they were good. I knew they were good because I had been at numerous band practices but they had only improved since then.

It was nearing the end of the set and Nick walked up to the mic. “Thanks for being such a great audience, Maryland. We love coming home and playing for you guys. We have one last song which was actually written for someone from Maryland. Miss Annabelle Jaymes, this one’s for you.”

Justin gave me an “I’m sorry” look as the boys began playing. Soon Nick began singing and the words cut me like a knife.

Annabelle you think you’re so damn special
But there’s a million other girls like you
30 minutes and you say we’re official
Well I have got some news for you…


The song just got progressively more hateful.

She may be pretty but I don’t need a girl like Annabelle.” Nick sang the last line of the song and the crowd cheered even louder.

I stood there in shock for a couple seconds over what had just happened. Becca had warned me but nothing could have prepared me for that song.

Nick once again smirked at me and I responded by flipping him off.

“Right back at you sweetheart.” Nick said into the microphone before walking off stage.

No one writes a song bashing Annabelle Jaymes and gets away with it, and I mean no one.
♠ ♠ ♠
Outfit
Becca
So I'm starting a new story (obviously). I'm pretty excited about it because it's different from my other stories. Currently my main focus is my story, You Lost Me, You Left Me, but I will still be updating this and then update it even more once my other story is finished. Tell me what you think :)