Status: Active

Heartbreak Warfare

I Swear I Didn't Mean for it to Feel like This

I had yet to put my plan of making Nick fall in love with me into action because the words of my friends and sister kept repeating through my head. I thought of everything that had happened between Nick and me during these past few months and I felt the hint of… remorse.

I guess I really did have a conscience. I just didn’t understand why it had to choose right now to show up.

I sighed as I stared at the keys sitting on my kitchen counter. They were mocking me. I groaned but went over and picked them up before making my way to my car.

The entire time I was driving there I was having an internal battle with myself. I made it all the way there though without turning around. I parked in the driveway and turned off the ignition. I couldn’t believe I was back here. It seemed as if I was at his house more now that we were broken up than I was when we were actually together.

I walked up to the door and rang the bell, only once this time.

Nick answered the door and I could tell he was obviously annoyed just by the sight of me.

“What? Did you come back here to throw another CD at me?” Nick snapped.

I bit back every hateful word that I wanted to say and instead took a deep breath to calm myself.

“Actually Nick, I came here to tell you I’m sorry. I was hurt by the song you wrote about me so I retaliated, and kept on retaliating. I shouldn’t have let this go on for as long as it did so I’m sorry.”

“Ok.”

I just looked at Nick for a few seconds, not believing that was all he had to say. “Ok? You know this is the part where normal people would say ‘Thank you for the apology. I forgive you and I’m sorry for the things I did to you.”

Nick shrugged and said, “I’m not sorry. Also, I don’t feel the need to forgive you because you didn’t apologize for walking out on this relationship, walking out on us. Until you apologize for that I could care less about your empty and meaningless words.”

“You never cease to amaze me, Nicholas. Just when I think you can’t be a bigger dick, you prove me wrong. You know what? I take back my apology. I don’t regret anything I’ve ever done to you. In fact, I’m glad I did all of that to you, especially leaving you.”

“Ah, the bitch comes back. I knew you couldn’t hide that side of you for long.”

I ignored Nick as I turned to walk back to my car. I was being honest when I apologized to him but he had to make me regret doing that, of course. I regretted everything that involved Nick Santino, especially falling in love with him.
_____________________________________________________________________________

“So not only did he not apologize, but he didn’t even accept yours?”

I looked away from the television screen and nodded at Becca. Words were too much for me to handle at the moment. Nick’s hateful attitude towards me when I tried to apologize had sent me into a mini phase of depression. With Nick, I felt as if he just kept kicking me when I was down. Luckily, Becca had rushed over to my house after I had called her and we’d been watching movies while eating junk food since.

“I just can’t get over that fact that he did that. That’s honestly ridiculous.” Becca fumed.

“I know. I told him that but he basically put all the blame for this mess on me. I should have known he’d do that though. I forgot that Nick Santino can do no wrong.” I sarcastically said.

“You guys could have put an end to all this madness if he would have just forgiven you and then asked you to forgive him. You were being the bigger person; he could have stepped up a little.”

I was quiet for a few seconds and then said, “I’m going to go through with my original plan. I’m going to make Nick fall in love with me and then break his heart.”

“Are you sure you want to do that, A.J.?” Becca sighed.

“Positive. I listened to you guys and tried to take your advice by not going through with this plan. I even took it a step further and apologized to Nick. Look where that got me though. After today I’ve decided that I’ll go through with this plan and I won’t feel any remorse when I break him.”

“Ok. Well Eric and I are going to the club tomorrow and Nick will be there too. You can come and ‘just happen’ to be there the same time as him in order to set your plan in motion.”

I gave Becca a surprised look. “I thought you were against this plan. Why are you now deciding to help me with it?”

“No one screws over my best friend and gets away with it. I don’t care if I am friends with him also. You’re more important than him.”

“Thanks Bec.” I said as I leaned over to give her a hug and then continued, “Speaking of Halvo…what’s going on with the two of you?”

A blush quickly rose on Becca’s cheeks as she said, “I’m not sure. I’ve always seen Halvo as being… well, being Halvo, kind of weird and awkward, you know? Something’s changed though. I think I really like him. He’s always been there for me and he’s one of the sweetest guys I know. It just took me a while to realize that.”

I smiled when I saw how happy my best friend truly was. “He likes you a lot too. I’m pretty sure he’s always had a crush on you though. He’s just had a very weird way of showing it.”

Becca laughed and said, “That’s why I like the two of us together. We’re both weird and crazy, but in a good way.”

Becca and I continued talking about her budding romance with Halvo along with other things.

It seemed a bit ironic to me that my best friend’s love life was taking off with the best friend of my ex while my love life was crumbling even more.
♠ ♠ ♠
I felt as if Annabelle was getting just a little bit too bitchy so I figured I should make her at least try to apologize. The apology didn't work though so she's going through with the plan...thoughts?

Thanks to: somebody_who_cares, KeepYourMouthShut, breaktheroutine, and Serenading Sirens;.