Status: Active

Heartbreak Warfare

Where Love Went Wrong

“Annabelle, sweetie, I’ve missed you so much,” My dad said as he immediately pulled me into his arms.

I slowly hugged him back. It felt weird to be embracing the man I had been avoiding for so long.

“I figured you’d hate me,” I sniffled, trying to keep my tears from falling but failing miserably.

“Annie, you’re my daughter; I could never hate you. I kept my distance from you because I knew that was what you wanted. I never stopped hoping though.”

“I’m sorry. I should have come sooner.”

“You’re here now; that’s all that matters. How about you come inside and meet everyone, okay?” My dad asked as he led me inside the mansion.

I walked inside and saw three people staring at me with curiosity in their eyes.

My dad cleared his throat nervously. “Annie, you already know Meredith and then these two are your half- brother and sister, Millie and Mitchel.”

“Hi, it’s nice to see you again Meredith, and it’s nice to meet you, Millie and Mitchel,” I nervously said.

For a few minutes we all just stood around awkwardly until my dad finally broke the silence. “Meredith, honey, why don’t you take Millie and Mitchel out to eat? I think Annabelle and I need to talk about some things. The three of you can get to know Annie tomorrow.”

“That sounds good dear,” Meredith said to my dad before turning to me. “I’m really glad you’re here, Annabelle. I hope we can get to know each other better.”

“I’d really like that,” I said and I realized that I was telling the truth. I really did want to get to know my step-mom; it was time.

My father and I walked into the kitchen and sat at the barstools at the counter across from each other. We both sat there in silence not knowing how to start the conversation.

“So what made you decide to come and see me?” My father asked.

“I…just some things have happened recently that I don’t feel like talking about yet but they made me realize that I’ve been holding this grudge for too long. Stella also did her fair share of forcing me to come.”

My father smiled. “Stella’s always been bossy and you’ve always let her boss you around.”

“It’s easier to blame things on her if I listen to her. That way when they go wrong I can say it’s her fault.”

My father laughed before suddenly turning serious. “I’m assuming you have some questions for me?”

I faltered a bit but then took a deep breath. “I just want to know why you did it…why did you choose Meredith, Millie, and Mitchel over me and Stella?

“Sweetie, I never chose them over you. True, I moved away but that was for the best. Since I travel a lot, your mother and I figured it’d be best for you and Stella to live with your mother. After all everything that happened between your mother and me, we just needed a clean start. We didn’t want to put you girls in the middle of everything. I had Meredith and your mom had Thomas so…”

I quickly interrupted my dad. “Wait, who’s Thomas?”

“Your mother never told you about Thomas?”

Realization came over me. “You weren’t the only one having an affair, were you? Mom was having one also. Why didn’t you guys tell me?”

“You were already so mad at me, Annie, for having an affair. I didn’t want you to find out about your mom and then hate her also. I figured she’d have told you by now though, especially since they broke up a few years ago.”

I shook my head as I tried to make sense of everything. I couldn’t believe I had hated my dad for some many years and blamed him and my mom had done the exact same thing.

I guess things aren’t always as they seem.
_______________________________________________________________________________
Nick’s POV


“What the fuck did you say to her?” I asked as I marched up to Peter, our manager.

Peter had met us at the first venue instead of riding in the van with us so this was the first chance I’d had to talk to him.

“What are you talking about, Nick?” Peter asked.

“Annabelle. You said something to her right before she left me. I want to know what you said.”

“Oh,” Peter shrugged nonchalantly. “I told you that you were going to cheat on her while you guys were on tour just like you cheated on Dakota.”

“Why would you say that? You and I both know that Dakota cheated on me. Plus you know I’d never cheat on anybody, especially Annabelle. I loved…love her.”

“Nick, I know you’d never cheat on anybody but I had to get you away from her.” Peter rolled his eyes.

“Why?” I growled.

“She was no good for you, man. She’s just some spoiled, little rich girl who uses daddy’s money. I’m sure she was just dating you because you were different from all the country club type guys she knows.”

“You know nothing about Annabelle.”

Peter shrugged. “I know that Dakota’s better for you than Annabelle was.”

“Dakota fucking cheated on me. Annabelle was perfect for me! She’s what I’ve always wanted even if I didn’t know it was what I needed.”

“Geez, chill out bro. I was only helping you.”

I brought my arm back and punched Peter right in the jaw. I was so mad I couldn’t even think straight. He was the reason why I had lost Annabelle the first time. I knew it was my fault why I lost her the second time but if it wasn’t for Peter I wouldn’t have been in this mess in the first place.

“You’re fired.” I spat before I turned around and walked out of the room.

“That was intense,” Halvo said as I passed him.

He was standing by the doorway and I knew he had seen the whole thing.

“I just can’t believe Peter did that.”

“That was shitty of him,” Halvo agreed.

“And now I have no clue what to do to get Annabelle back.” I sighed.

Halvo smirked. “I have an idea.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Outfit

Hi guys, remember me? I am so incredibly sorry that I haven't posted a chapter for this story in forever. School and life has been crazy lately. I will try to post the next chapter sooner, I promise. I hope this pretty dramatic chapter makes up for the delay though.

Thanks to these awesome people: Fly Away, somebody_who_cares, JustThinking, dindatothemoon, breaktheroutine, and briiababiie28