Status: Active

Heartbreak Warfare

It's Too Late to Apologize

Nick’s POV


“You are such an ass.” I heard a voice say as someone opened the door to my room.

I looked up and was instantly given a headache thanks to the bright light streaming in through the window and the alcohol still left in my system from last night. Even though I wouldn’t admit it, I had been a mess after what had happened at the concert. I drove straight home and drank until I couldn’t stand straight.

“Have you ever heard of knocking?” I grumbled as I sat up.

Justin just glared at me and said, “Put a shirt on and then come out to the kitchen. We need to talk.”

I did what he said and walked over to the fridge to grab some orange juice and a glass. I took my drink and sat down by Justin.

“So why am I an ass?” I questioned.

Justin gave me a dirty look and said, “Don’t act innocent Nick. What you did to A.J. last night was shitty. I held my tongue when you wrote that song about her even though I didn’t like it. I knew you had to get your feelings out though so I let you. But telling everyone at the concert last night that the song was about her and then making that comment about her father’s money crossed the line.”

“Annabelle’s a big girl, Justin.”

“Just because she’s a big girl doesn’t mean she can handle what you did to her, Nick. She’s been broken. Don’t you understand that?”

“Well she broke me. Anyway, why do you care so much?”

Justin looked at me as if I were stupid and said, “Because I’ve known her since she was three. I’m like her big brother. For a while Becca and I were pretty much the only people she had. Her father left them to marry his mistress and her mom spiraled into depression. A.J. and Stella have always been close but Stella chose to go live with their dad while A.J. stayed with their mom. Those were some low days for her and Becca and I helped her through them. I’m sure as hell not going to let you ruin her again.”

“Well I accomplished my goal last night. I embarrassed her so I’ll leave her alone now.” I said even though it was a lie. I wasn’t going to stop until Annabelle was hurt as badly as she hurt me.

“Bullshit, Nick. You have revenge for the break-up on your mind and you won’t stop until you get it. I don’t get why you guys didn’t talk about why you broke up. Maybe if you guys had been mature and actually talked you wouldn’t be in this situation.”

“She fucking left.” I said raising my voice.

“You let her.” Justin answered.

“Listen, I am not going to sit here and listen to this shit from you. Since you know Annabelle so well you should know that she’s a spoiled brat who only thinks of herself.”

“She loved you Nick, and from what Becca said she was a mess after the break-up.”

I stayed quiet. I didn’t feel like rehashing mine and Annabelle’s break-up. Like Justin said, I didn’t really understand it. I don’t think Annabelle did either. It was so strange. We were perfect one day and then the next we were broken up.

Justin sighed and said, “I’m leaving for Chico tomorrow morning and I don’t want you to do anything to A.J. I’m working on Brighten music with Jimmy but if I hear about you hurting A.J. I will fly back here and kick your ass.”

Justin then walked out the door, slamming it on his way out. Halvo came down the stairs about that time. He had spent the night last night but was leaving today to go back home to Arizona.

“Hey.” I said as Halvo sat in the seat that Justin had been sitting in moments before.

Eric hesitated for a few seconds and then said, “I think I’m going to go over to A.J.’s house today and apologize.”

“Why?”

“Because I feel bad about the song and about what happened last night. I also feel bad about not texting her while we were on tour. I understand that you guys broke up but I was friends with her and I shouldn’t have just ignored her after you guys ended.”

“You’re a fucking traitor.” I said as I got up and went to take a shower. Annabelle Jaymes had broken my heart and everyone seemed to be taking her side.
___________________________________________________________________________________

Annabelle’s POV


I heard the doorbell ring and I walked towards my door to answer it. I figured it was Halvo. He had texted me after Becca and Justin had taken me to Lou’s to get my car since I was too drunk to drive it last night. I had no clue why he came over here though because all he had said in the text was that he wanted to talk to me.

I opened the door and stared at the brown haired boy in front of me. “Hello Eric.”

“Hey A.J.” Eric smiled at me but instantly got a look of fear on his face when he saw the dirty look I was giving him.

“Listen Eric, the boys from Rocket aren’t really on my list of favorite people at the moment so whatever you want to say you better say it quick.”

Eric sighed and said, “I am so sorry about everything that went down last night. Justin, Andrew, and I had nothing to do with it. We knew that Nick was still pissed at you but we didn’t think he’d take it as far as he did. We would have tried to stop him if we had known.”

“You abandoned me. We were friends and then Nick and I break up and you won’t call me, won’t text me, and won’t talk to me.”

“I am so sorry A.J. I just… Nick’s one of my best friends and the break-up really hurt him. He told me not to talk to you so I didn’t.”

“Did you ever stop to think that maybe the break-up really hurt me too?” I asked.

“I realize that now. I was just stupid. I was in the whole “bros before hoes mentality.”

“So I’m a ho? Thanks a lot Halvorsen.”

“No! I didn’t mean it like that. Fuck, I suck at apologies.” Eric said exasperatedly. “I really am sorry A.J. I want us to be friends again.”

I thought for a few seconds and then said, “Fine, whatever. I forgive you.”

“Yay!” Eric said as he pulled me into a bear hug.

“Eric, I can’t breathe.” I said.

Eric quickly let go of me and said, “Oh I’m sorry. So why did you and Nick break up anyway?”

“We weren’t meant for each other.”

“You guys were great together though.”

“We were completely opposite, Eric.”

“Opposites attract.”

“Drop it Halvo.” I said irritably.

“Sorry.” Eric said sheepishly. “I just think that you guys were made for each other and you ended so abruptly. You should give each other another chance.”

I simply shook my head and said, “It’s too late now.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Nick's still being rude and Halvo's being adorable lol.
So I moved out of my dorm room and I honestly did not realize that I had so much stuff. It's insane lol. Anyway, thanks for commenting and subscribing!