Status: Active

Heartbreak Warfare

Did You Really Think I Meant Every Word that I Said

I parked my car in Nick’s driveway and walked up to his door. I pressed the doorbell repeatedly until he finally answered the door.

“Stop pressing the fucking doorbell. It’s annoying as hell.” Nick said as he pushed my hand away from the bell.

“I need to talk to you.” I said.

“Well good evening to you too, A.J.” Nick sarcastically said.

“Oh shut the fuck up. What is this?” I asked holding up the cd case.

Nick smirked at me and said, “It’s Rocket’s cd. Are you illiterate or something?”

“This is no time for joking asshole. Why did you include ‘On Your Side’ on it and make that the name of the cd?”

“Because it’s a good song. The guys really liked it and thought we should include it on the cd and make it the title.”

“You promised me that you wouldn’t use it on a cd or sing it at a concert. You said you wanted it to be something special between the two of us. You fucking promised!”

Nick shrugged and said, “That song was the only good thing I got out of our relationship.”

I started crying at this time as I said, “I hate you. I know I’ve said that before but I really, truly do hate you with a passion.”

“The feeling’s mutual.”

“Fuck you Nicholas Santino.” I yelled as I started back towards my car.

“Sweetie, you already did.”

I turned around and threw the cd case at him but he ducked right in time.

“You owe me 15 dollars for that shit. It sucks.” I spat and then got in my car to drive home.
_____________________________________________________________________________

“Damn A.J. I’m only fifteen minutes late and you’ve already drunk this much?” Justin asked as he sat down at the table across from me. He had just gotten back into town so we met up because Becca had told him the story behind ‘On Your Side’ and he wanted to make sure I was alright. It had been a couple days since everything went down but I was still seething.

I rolled my eyes and said, “Justin, you should know I have an incredibly high tolerance for alcohol. I’ve only drunk three glasses so far. It will take a lot more than that to get me intoxicated.”

“Do you really think drinking tons of alcohol will help you and fill the void of missing Nick?” Justin sighed.

“I don’t miss Nick. I’m just pissed at him.”

“So you’re okay with the fact that he’s on a date tonight?”

“What?! He’s on a date? I mean…whatever, that’s fine. He can do whatever he wants.”

Justin just gave me a look so I continued, “Actually it’s good that he’s on a date tonight. It’ll make everything that much better.”

“A.J., what did you do?”

I smiled sweetly and said, “Nothing.”

“Fuck. A.J., you and Nick need to stop this whole revenge war. It’s been going on way too long. You guys are acting childish and need to stop trying to hurt each other.”

I started to become angry at this point as I said, “Justin, he deserves everything I’ve done to him. Writing ‘Annabelle’ about me was dirty and ‘On Your Side’ was supposed to be something special between the two of us but he obviously felt no remorse for using it anyway, therefore I feel no remorse for trying to get revenge on him.”

“Andrew, Halvo, and I are incredibly sorry about ‘On Your Side.’ Nick didn’t tell us who it was about and we thought it was a good song so we wanted to use it. We never would have agreed to it though if we had known it was your song.”

“I’m not mad at you guys. I love the three of you, you know that. Nick’s the only one I can’t stand. So why didn’t Becca come with you tonight?” I asked, changing the subject.

“She’s with Halvo. Nick asked Halvo to double date with him tonight because he wanted to introduce his new girlfriend to Halvo but Havlo didn’t want to be the third wheel so he asked Becca to come.”

“Really? Well that’s interesting.” I smirked.

“What is?”

I rolled my eyes at Justin’s obliviousness. I always thought Becca and Halvo would make a cute couple. I was glad to see Halvo had finally gotten some balls and was at least attempting to make a move.

Justin’s phone rang, breaking the silence. “Hello? Yeah, I’m with her... We’re at Lou’s...Why? Don’t come down here…you’ll just cause a scene. Whatever, bye.”

Justin hung up and turned to me. “Nick’s super pissed about something and is coming to talk to you. Seriously A.J., what did you do?”

“You’ll find out soon enough.” I smiled.

Nick came storming in five minutes later and walked up to the table where Justin and I were. Halvo was behind him wearing a mixed look of amusement and annoyance. I knew he found my prank funny but felt that the pranks had gone on too long between Nick and me.

“Gay Match.com? Are you fucking kidding me?” He seethed.

“I’m glad you finally decided to admit your true feelings Nicholas.” I smirked.

“I didn’t sign up for it. You signed me up for it. I’m on a fucking date when a guy comes up to me and says he saw my profile. Then he gives me his number. How do you think my date felt?”

“She was probably wondering why she was on a date with a gay man.” I shrugged.

I looked over at Justin and Halvo and saw that they were trying to hold in their laughter.

“You are unbelievable A.J. I want things to work out with this girl but it’s hard when I have gay guys hitting on me. Do you know why I like this girl so much? She’s everything you’re not.” Nick smirked.

I was so angry at this point that I did the only thing I could think of. I picked up my drink and threw it in Nick’s face. I almost felt like a heroine in an old time movie.

He looked at me with liquid dripping down his face and anger in his eyes. “You truly are nothing but a bitch. No wonder your father left and started a new family. He was too embarrassed to have a daughter like you.

Nick had crossed the line and he knew it. He just wanted to get a reaction out of me, which he achieved. I stood up and got ready to take a swing at Nick. I wanted to put a bruise on that pretty little face of his. Maybe even break his nose while I was at it.

Justin saw what I was getting ready to do and grabbed me before I could hit Nick. I began kicking Justin, trying to get free.

“Halvo, get Nick out of here! I’ll take care of A.J.” Justin said as he dragged me outside.

Justin finally let go of me as we got outside.

“You should have let me hit him. He deserved it.” I grumbled.

“I’ll admit that he crossed that line with that comment about your father but you can’t go around hitting him, A.J. I cannot believe you guys were in love at one time. There’s so much hatred between the two of you, it’s ridiculous.”

I looked up at Justin with an evil smirk on my face. He had just given me an idea for my final act of revenge on Nick.

Justin noticed the look on my face and said, “No A.J., no more plans. You and Nick have put all of us through hell and it’s time that you both quit.”

“This is the last thing I’ll do to Nick, I promise.” I said.

This would be the last thing I’d do to Nick because this would be the one to break him.
♠ ♠ ♠
I love this chapter....and the upcoming ones. Things are going to get crazy. Any ideas on her big revenge plan?

I posted a John O'Callaghan 2-shot for a contest and would love if you'd click here and check it out :)

Last but not least... thanks to: Joyvaay, zillyboo, Dark.Eyed.Dreamer, KeepYourMouthShut, Yay Its Alex!, breaktheroutine, Baby.Blue.Eyes., somebody_who_cares, and laurenmaine.