Status: In Process.

When Keeping It Real Goes Wrong.

The Unfaithful

"Well I don't want to ever see you again!" I yelled as I threw clothes from the closet on to my boyfriend. Well, definitely ex-boyfriend now.

"You need to calm the fuck down Madelynn!" He shouted as he caught half the things thrown at him.

"I need to calm down?! Really?! Was I the one who cheated?! No! So get the hell out!" I shouted as I continued to pile his crap up in the middle of the room. Right now rage was the only emotion I felt and I knew it would quickly be replaced once he left so I wanted to make sure I got it all out while I could.

"It was a stupid, drunken mistake! Which I'm telling you about because I love you!" Dan, my ex- cheating boyfriend yelled back.

"If you loved me it wouldn't have happened! God I'm so stupid! I gave up everything to be with you and this is how you repay me. I hope she was worth it Dan. I really do." I said with a forced grin as I dropped his cds on top of his clothes.

"M, this is our home." He said softly with sad eyes as if that would make it all better.

"Yeah. Well, not anymore." I said just as quiet. I didn't have anything left in me to yell.

"Go...just go."

He sighed and grabbed a few of his things as I sat on the bed pulling my knees to my chest. I knew what I was getting myself into. I had prepared myself once I decided to move from sunny California to cold and dreary England for him. I knew that girls would flock to him. It was part of the job. To be attractive and musically inclined. What girls wouldn't like that? I just always somehow convinced myself that it wouldn't be him. That he wouldn't ever be the way you hear so many guys in bands turn out. That he loved me too much to do anything remotely near cheating. Wrong. Oh, how wrong I was. Once I heard the front door of our flat shut the water works began. My anger had now turn into hurt and I felt like my chest was caving in. It's one thing when someone hurts you that is your friend but it's a whole different thing when it's someone you love. I mean, now what? Do I just leave everything here that I've worked so hard for? My life had completely did a 360 in the last two years and I don't think I could even function on American time anymore which was sad.
I managed to control myself and climb off the bed. I quickly washed my face and didn't even bother sliding on shoes as I headed for the door. I needed to vent. Perk to having your best friend live in the flat over was the fact that I didn't have to go far. I didn't bother to lock the door just closed it shut and walked the five steps over. I knocked lightly and after waiting impatiently for maybe a total of thirty seconds the door opened to reveal Matty. His light brown hair was a bit of a mess and he looked like he barely had gotten those jeans on without a fight.

"I heard." He said in a sleepy voice.

"Did we wake you?"

"Yeh probably woke up the whole bloody buildin'." He said with a soft grin and I knew he was trying to make light of the situation which I honestly loved about him.

"I'm sorry." I mumbled and he opened the door more signaling for me to come in.

"What happened?" he asked yawning as he closed the door back and we walked over to his couch.

I fiddled with my fingers as he watched me, waiting patiently for me to speak like always.

"God if I say it out loud it'll sound so true and..." I said feeling myself tear up once more.

Matty's sleepy face instantly turned into concern and he moved closer to me pressing one of his hands on top of mine.

"Hey..." he whispered, "it's ok love. Yeh can tell meh anyfing."

"I know. It's just hard." I said sniffling, "Dan informed me earlier that..." I said breathing in deeply and exhaling before I spoke softly, "he slept with someone last night."

Matty's body tensed and his jaw clinched together instantly.

"And now...I don't know what to do." I said wiping my tears away hoping to keep myself together.

"I'll fuckin' murda him." He said through gritted teeth before he got up from the couch.

"No one fuckin'....who bloody does that shit?" he said as he buttoned up his jeans quickly and grabbed up a shirt that was laying over a chair.

"Matt..."

"I mean, ugh! I should fuckin' punch him in his fuckin' face. Little fucker...." he kept rambling on as he pulled on his shoes so angrily that it took him a few seconds to realize he had them on the wrong feet.

"Matt..." I said sighing knowing there was no use in even trying he was now in Matt mode and once he had his mind set there was no getting through to him.

"I'm gonna get Oli. That's what I'm gonna do and we're gonna go find that little prick and I'm gonna give him a dose of his own medicine. Hope he gets an STD from that slag he slept wif lass night." He spoke basically to himself as he went from the living room to the kitchen to his bedroom. I assume he was looking for his phone. I sighed and placed my head on the arm of the couch. He was going to make me mental.

"Oye! Oli, Come ova now." He yelled and I looked up watching him pace the floor, cell phone to ear.

"Yeah I bloody know it's early but get tha fuck ova here."

I assume Oli rambled for a moment and before I knew it Matt was hanging up the phone.

"Matty..." I spoke calmly and he sighed, "What?"

"Chill out."

He ran his hand through his hair as he stared at me briefly before sitting back beside me.

"Are yeh ok?" he asked and I couldn't help but laugh at his change of tone.

"I'm just...I'm glad I have you, you know that?" I asked with a grin and I truly meant that. I mean, he was good at distracting me from things I didn't want to face right at that moment.

He smiled, "I'm glad I have yeh as well, Maddie." I always found it funny how he called me Maddie. It sounded so close to his own name when he said it because of his accent that sometimes I'd make fun of him for it but he still didn't stop. He was actually the only one who called me that and I don't even know how it got started to be honest.

"Now what's tha fuckin' natural disasta I had ta get out of bed for?" Oliver's voice filled the living room as he walked in looking as put together as Matty did. Let me back up a bit so I can get this out of the way. Not only was Dan in a band but Matty as well. Clearly not in the same one but ironically they both played drums. I actually didn't know Matty until I moved in two years ago and he drunkenly stumbled into our flat because he thought it was his. Apparently Dan and his 'crew' knew Matty and his 'crew' though. I guess both having accents bonded you in some way. So usually when Dan and his band, You Me at Six were touring Matty was still here so we quickly bonded and I honestly don't know how I would have survived the summer without him. During that time his band was recording a album so he was at home a lot. Funny thing is that now, Matty's band aka Bring Me the Horizon was probably more known than Dan's. Oliver stood there in a sleep like state and I tried not to laugh at him. His usual perfect hair was everywhere and his tank top was on crooked, barely covering his tattooed covered body. Oliver was the singer of the band. well, if you want to call it that. And he also only lived a building over so I don't know why he was acting like it took him an hour to get here and like it was so inconvenient.

"He called you because he's over dramatic."

"Am not. I called yeh cause we gonna go find Dan."

Oliver glared at him, "they're betta be more to it than that or I'm gonna murda yeh."

"Murder him please. Look, Matty's feeling all revengeful and what not at the moment so just go home and go back to sleep and don't answer your phone." I said with a grin.

Oliver looked at me then to Matty, "revengeful?"

"Dan cheated on Maddie." Matty said calmly and I sighed and laid my head back down. Did he have to tell everyone?

"What? When? And how do yeh know?" Oli asked a bit louder now.

"He told her this mornin tha' it happened lass nigh'!" he responded so quickly that I barely could make out the sentence myself.

"That fuckin' bloak..." Oli mumbled and I closed my eyes trying to make it all go away.

"Lead the way." Oliver said and I sat up quickly, "Oliver. Come on! Be on my side for once!"

"I am on yeh side Mads, it's why I'm doin this."

"Seriously?! Come on guys you're just going to make it worse. I mean, usually out of a set of friends one of them was logical! What happened with you two?!" I whined as I fell back dramatically onto Matty's couch.

"Well that's offensive." Oliver said with a grin and I glared at him before shifting my gaze to Matty, "Matt. If you leave I'm going to be proper pissed at you."

"She said propa." Oliver snickered and I rolled my eyes. Of course their lingo had worn off on me!

"Matty. Seriously. Don't. I can't deal with that right now."

Matty stared at me for a few seconds before he let out a sigh. Oliver laughed not waiting on him to speak, "see yeh lata mate." He said patting him on his shoulder and giving me a wave before he walked to the door and let himself out.

"I don't undastand why yeh don't want meh to hurt him."

I smiled, "because he's not worth it."

"But he deserves it."

I shrugged, "what goes around comes around."

"Bullshit! Why wait on that when I can just pound him now?" he asked as he sat down beside me.

"I'm clearly the logical one in this relationship."

He rolled his eyes and leaned against the couch.

"Tired?" he asked and I nodded as I leaned my head on his shoulder.

"Good. Come on. Let's go to my bed. Since yeh know, someone woke me up. I forgive yeh though." He said grabbing my hand and leading me to his bed.

"I'm sorry yet again."

"No worries. I blame him."

I giggled before climbing into the bed as Matt closed the blinds so the sun wasn't so harsh. He climbed in beside me and instinctively wrapped his arm around my waist pulling me to his chest.

"Are yeh ok?" he asked softly and I closed my eyes, "No."

"Yeh can cry on meh. I don't mind."

"I don't want to cry."

"Some times yeh need ta." He whispered, "doesn't mean yeh weak love, means yeh human. Plus, only person knowin yeh cryin is meh and I won't tell anyone. I mean if Dan asked I'd be like, no she didn't bloody cry! In fact she was so happen couldn't get tha bird ta quit smilin!" he said and I laughed into his chest. He chuckled softly as he rubbed my back.

"I just...have so much to think about now and to decide." I mumbled.
"Don't worry bout it Maddie. I'm gonna take care of everyfing."

"By beating up everyone?"

He chuckled, "No. But I don't want yeh to worry or stress. Look, yeh movin in wif meh as of...well, now."

"Matt..."

"No. Yeh are. That's final. I'm not gonna have yeh live wif him or be alone somewhere that isn't in a 5 second radius of my place."

I laughed, "thanks Matt. Seriously. You're the best."

"Anyfing for yeh, love."

I sighed and laid on my back as his arm stayed around my waist.

"What's wrong?" he whispered.

"Nothing. Just...it's so stupid..." I said closing my eyes tightly not wanting to cry. I sniffled and he rubbed my side, not saying a word. Which made it worse.

"I mean how could he..." I said through my soft sobs that now filled my chest. "...it's like, how can you just throw away three years? Makes no sense."

Matty pulled me to him and kissed my head softly, "he doesn't deserve yeh Maddie. If he can't see that he had such a lovely bird as yehself then fuck him. Yeh deserve betta. Betta ta find out now then lata."

"I know you're right. It just...hurts." I said sniffling and he ran his thumb over my cheek brushing tears away.

"I know and I wish there was somefin I could do or say ta make it betta for yeh..."

I gave him a weak grin, "it's ok. You being here is enough."

He gave me a grin and kissed my cheek, "I love yeh Maddie and if yeh decide yeh want him beat up juss let meh know."

I giggled, "I will, I promise."

And trust me, if there was anything I knew about him it's that he meant what he said.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok. I know. I was debating on putting this out but I'm enjoying writing it. I'm aware I now have 3 active stories. ha. but the other two are already finished I just haven't posted quickly. but this one is still being written.

For some reason Matt is one of those people I don't think is cute but that he's so not cute that...he is? does that make sense?? haha. Either way! I love him and I'll be finishing this story!

comment. subscribe. :)