Status: In Process.

When Keeping It Real Goes Wrong.

Distance from regret.

I sighed as we reached the diner and Jona held the door open for me. As we walked in I could see Matty laughing with Lee as he tried to place a spoon on his nose. I couldn't help but chuckle at how stupid they were. Matty looked up at me once we walked over and he gave me a smile as I slid in beside him.

"Thought Jona had kidnapped yeh." He said chuckling.

"Psh. I was kidnapping him."

Jona laughed, "right. I'd like ta see that."

"Me too." Vegan said laughing.

"We gotta show here tomorra. Gonna come?" Lee asked.

"No. I hate you guys." I said boringly and Vegan stuck his tongue out at me.

"She's only goin ta see the hot singa." Oli said and I laughed, "HA!"

Oli glared at me and Matty slid his arm around my shoulders.

"Lets be honest here. She's not comin ta see yeh or hear yeh shitty screamin'. She's comin ta see my amazin drummin. Her last boyfriend juss made noise."

I laughed along with the others.

"He's not a bad drummer, be nice."

"Yeh sayin he's betta than meh?"

"Well, no..."

"Then shush." He said with a grin and I chuckled, "fine."

The girl who always ended up being our waiter walked over and she started laughing once she saw Matty's arm around me which caused me to laugh.

"He's my boyfriend today." I said elbowing Matty and he rolled his eyes, "reallah? I should be every time we come in here cause I always pay for yeh."

"Ok. Wellll I didn't tell you to."

"Oh well I neva heard yeh complain bout it."

"Well why would I!"

"Ignore them..." Lee said rolling his eyes and the girl laughed, "that sounds like a marriage not a boyfriend, girlfriend deal."

"A marriage that's ending." I said and Matt spoke, "one where the wife is tha mos' annoyin bird and he's realized he's stuck wif her foreva cause he let her move in."

"Matty!"

The guys were laughing and the girl who I now knew as Sarah laughed with them.

"Imagine how we feel." Jona mumbled to the girl and I shot him a look.

"Oye. Yeh should come ta our show we have tomorra!" Lee said out of no where.

"Yeah. Come. Listen to Matty's shitty drumming."

"Oye!"

I rolled my eyes and Sarah laughed, "where at?"

"Lee can write everything down for you. Actually, here. Call me. It's your safest bet." I said borrowing her pen and scribbling my number on her pad she had out.

"Oh what's your name? Unless you want me to put you in my phone as groupie." She joked and I laughed, "please don't. It's Madelynn."

"Or bitch." Oli said and I kicked his leg from under the table and he groaned.

"Please come. I'm losing my mind around them."

She laughed, "I will promise."

She took our order and before we left she said she'd call me tomorrow morning to figure out everything.

"I like her." I stated as we walked out into the chilly air.

"Yeah she's cool." Lee stated and I smiled, "you have a crush."

His cheeks turned red and I laughed, "awe."

"Leave him alone." Matty said and I glared at him, "Not talking to you."

"What! I shouldn't talk to yeh! Yeh said my drummin was shitty!"

I shrugged and he grabbed my hand and pulled me to a stop.

"Maddie..." He said sticking his bottom lip out.

"Maddie, don't be like that." He whispered pulling me closer to him causing me to forget everything I just said really. He placed his hand to my cheek and kissed my nose.

"Oye! Stop flirting and come on!" Oli yelled and Matty slid his hand in mine and ignored him as we headed down the sidewalk. Jona gave me a look once we caught up to them and I tried my best to ignore him. Matty didn't like me. I mean, he basically told me. So I needed to stop thinking of it. It was all Jona's fault! Of course that night I slept with Matty like normal. Why we have two beds I don't even know. It was pointless.

I was woke up the next morning by my phone and I reached over Matty to grab it from his night stand. He groaned and I laid on him as I answered, "hello?" I said groggily.

"Oh were you asleep?"

"Who is this?"

"Sarah." She said chuckling.

"Oh hey."

"Sorry. Didn't mean to wake you."

"No. It's fine. What time is it?" I asked closing my eyes as I laid my head against Matt's arm although I was still hanging over him.

"Can yeh get off meh?" Matt asked sleepily.

"It's almost 1."

"Oh shit. Well guess that's morning to me."

She laughed, "it's fine, really."

"But anyways, shows at..."

"Matty what time is the show?" I asked and he groaned, "7 get off of meh." He said smacking my butt.

"7." I said ignoring him and she laughed, "he's a happy morning person huh?"

"Oh yeah." I said laughing, "but how about we meet at the diner and you can ride with me."

"That would be great."

"Great. So I'll see you at say, 5:30."

"5." Matt mumbled.

"Oh well my dad said 5 is that ok?"

"Fuck yeh." Matt added.

She laughed, "Yeah 5 is fine."

"See you then!"

I hung up and sat the phone down and moved from Matt back to my spot.

"I hate yeh." He said as he wrapped his arms around me and buried his face into my neck.

"Yeah. It's obvious."

"We need to get up."

"Not yet." He mumbled his hand sliding down my back.

I closed my eyes still sleepy really. I was use to him being touchy feely with me when he was half asleep.

"Ok. Yeh can get up." He said softly.

"No."

He laughed, "oh so when I say it yeh don't care?"

"No."

"Mhm, that's not fair." He said tickling my side and I jumped up.

"Stop it." I said laughing as he pulled me back down.

"Nope." He said with a grin as he straddled my waist and tickled my sides.

"Matty!"

"Maddie." He whispered as he grabbed my hands and pinned them down over my head. I stared at him as his brown eyes seemed to study mine. He finally leaned down and my heart was beating out of my chest. I swear if he kissed me I was going to freak because this time it would be willing. His breath hit my cheek as his fingers slid through mine. His lips pressed against my cheek gently and I tried to control the nerves filling my body. This wasn't cool... he released my hands and placed his own on my waist and kissed my forehead before climbing off of me. I breathed in deeply before sitting up dizzily.

"Imma go showa." He said looking through his closet and I got off the bed quickly, "ok...um...yeah I'm gonna go get ready..."

Fuck. I mean, seriously! Did I deserve this? I mean if he didn't have any feelings for me he needed to stop that. Then again, it was probably all my fault...

I fought with my thoughts as I got dressed and did my hair and make up. Damn Jona for putting all of this in my head! I was going to kill him. Once I was done I sat on my bed and began to text Jona.

'I hate you right now.'

'Um...why?'

'Because. This whole Matt thing.'

'Hahahaha. You like him. Ohhh I'm always right.'

'Shut up.'

'Madelynn. He likes you. Trust me. Ask him.'

'Hell no.'

'Coward.'

'So be it.'

'Fine. I'll prove it later. Bye! :)'

'Jona! No.'

'See you sooonnnn.'

I rolled my eyes and shoved my phone in my back pocket as Matty walked into my room.

"Ready, love?"

I nodded and followed him into the living room.

"I mean it's only 3:30..."

"Yes. But I figured we could get somefin ta eat before. Unless yeh juss not eaten anymore." He said sarcastically and I rolled my eyes.

"Guys meeting us?"

"Yep."

"Thought so."

"Then why ask?"

"I hate you."

He laughed and slid his arm around my waist as we began our walk. It was actually a bright sunny day for once so we decided to ditch the car.

"Ello. Ello." Jona said with a cheesy grin as we walked in. I rolled my eyes and he laughed, "trust meh right Madelynn?"

"Not anymore."

He laughed, "juss pay attention."

I groaned and took a seat across from Matt.

"So Lee, gonna try ta woo Sarah?" Jona asked from beside me and Lee threw a spoon at him, "shut up yeh bloke!"

"Just sayin! She's fit. Right Oli?"

Oli nodded, "I mean, not tha fittest bird but fit none the less."

"Agreed." Vegan nodded.

"Yeh fink so Matty?" Jona asked and I rolled my eyes wondering where he was going with this.

"Huh?" he asked looking up from his straw he was playing with.

"Do yeh fink Sarah is fit."

He shrugged, "I guess."

"How do yeh guess? I mean, I've neva looked at someone and said well, I guess yeh fit."

"I mean it's whateva I didn't reallah look at her."

"Are yeh goin' gay on us?" Oli asked giving Matty a strange look.

"Juss cause I said a girl isn't fit makes me gay?"

"Yeh said, I don't know!" Oli chimed in.

"Well I'm sorrah I don't check out every bloody girl that comes my way like yeh!"

"Yeh should yeh a man! I do! Every time I look at one they get a little critque."

"Matty? A man? Come on now." I chimed in. Matty rolled his eyes and Oli continued, "Like right now, if I look at Madelynn I'm finkin damn this bird annoys tha shit outta meh but she's fit. Nice eyes, nice rack so....yeah...I'd probably shag her."

"I'm creeped out." I said crossing my arms.

"Hell, I am too." Lee stated with a horrified expression causing me to laugh.

"Well, sorry. I don't look at Madelynn and fink bout how much she annoys meh."

"So yeh don't fink of anyfing when yeh look at her?" Jona asked and I groaned, "I need girl friends."

Matt looked at me for a few seconds before speaking, "I mean, she's just Maddie..."

Just Maddie? wow. I mean, give me some credit. I now hated Jona more.

"Juss Maddie? I mean even when I look at her I fink she's attractive. Not that I want ta like get wif her but she's nice ta look at." Jona stated and I laughed, "Nice to look at?"

"Yeh prettah." He said shrugging.

"Awe, thanks."

He nodded before looking back at Mattie.

"I mean, I fink she's beautiful but I don't imagine her naked like Oli does every time I see her." Matty said placing his straw in his water and watching the ice cubes spin around his glass.

Jona gave me a smirk and I rolled my eyes and thankfully the conversation didn't go further because we received our food.

"He called yeh beautiful. Truss meh. A guy does not call a bird beautiful unless he fancies her." Jona whispered as we waited outside of the diner for Sarah.

"Shut up." I mumbled.

"It's true."

I leaned against the building and watched Matty laughing with Oli as he leaned against Oli's car. I could feel hope building up inside and I hated that more than anything because hope can easily be crushed and I could feel that between Jona's assumptions and my wants that crushed is exactly how I would end.
♠ ♠ ♠
so I got like 4 new subscribers in one day and I felt like updating again because it made me really happy! haha. so enjoy!

comments are nice. :)