Status: In Process.

When Keeping It Real Goes Wrong.

It was written in blood.

The next few minutes were a blur. I knew Oliver was letting me go and Jona and him were pulling Matty off Dan. But I couldn't comprehend the fact that they were fighting. It was just overwhelming. Oliver grabbed Dan up by his arm as Jona held on to Matt who was trying to wiggle free due to his anger. Oliver was quickly pulling Dan away and Jona threw Matt to the ground by his shirt making him sit down against the car.

"Don't yeh fucking move." Jona said harshly before dropping Matty's shirt and running off I assume to get Dan into his place. I leaned down in front of Matt who was wiping blood onto his shirt.

"Matty." I said softly as I sat down on my knees not worried if I got them dirty. I mean, I clearly wasn't going anywhere now. He was breathing heavily and I brushed his hair from his face as he stared at his hand assessing the damage I assume.

"He's such a fuckin' coward." He mumbled still angry I could tell.

"Lets go inside and clean you up." I said ignoring his statement.

"No."

I sighed and stared at him. His lip was becoming a bit swollen and his right cheek bone was blood red which would probably be a awesome purple color tomorrow.

"Please." I finally said and he mumbled, "fine."

I got up from the ground and he followed suite slowly. He held my hand lightly as I led him to his flat right as Jona and Oli were walking out of Dan's.

"Oh, he'll be fine. Got him good though." Oli said chuckling.

I rolled my eyes and Jona spoke, "Matty, I should fuckin hurt yeh for bein stupid."

"He started it!"

"That sayin' doesn't fly when yeh ova the age of 5."

He shrugged and Jona spoke, "well I take it yeh two are stayin here?"

I took that moment to nod for both of us.

"alright. Text Josh or somfin so he can at least check on Dan."

"I will."

He kissed my head and hugged me softly before walking away. Oli gave me a grin and I couldn't help but laugh.

"Well...been interestin'. Imma go get pissed so...I'll see yeh tomorra. Keep lad outta trouble."

"Bye Oli."

He gave a small wave and I followed Matt inside. Once in he ripped his shirt off throwing it onto the floor and walking over to the couch. I went to the bathroom and got a washcloth which I proceeded to wet before I went back to find him.

He didn't say anything as I sat beside him and grabbed his hand so I could wipe off the blood and dirt. I worked in silence and once I was done with his hands I ran the wash cloth up his neck because the blood had ran down from his lip. I still couldn't believe this happened. But I couldn't be mad at Matty. I mean, if anything Dan shouldn't have hit him. In fact, I think that's what shocked me the most. It's like I don't even know who he is anymore.
Matt closed his eyes tightly as I lightly touched his lip. This is just ridiculous...

"I'll get ice for that once I clean it up."

He nodded and I gently wiped his lip as softly as I could without hurting him. Once I was done he opened his eyes and I kissed his cheek.

"I'm sorrah." He whispered.

"For what? Defending yourself?"

"I know yeh didn't want meh to and I wasn't goin to but he hit meh and I flipped."

"I understand. Really. Let me go get you some ice." I stated as I headed to the kitchen. Of course him having an ice pack was not going to happen so I opened his freezer and luckily found a bag of frozen peas which I wrapped in a towel and walked back into the living room with. I sat back down and he laid his head in my lap.

"So yeh not mad?" he asked as I pressed the cold bag to his cheek causing him to wince for a moment.

"No."

"Ok." He said softly as he closed his eyes. I brushed his hair with my other hand and let him fall asleep. I mean after all it was my fault that fight had happened. He deserved for me to baby him a bit plus, I didn't mind. If one thing was certain it was that I liked doing things for Matty because he always did things for me just because he was a nice guy. So he deserved it. I don't remember falling asleep but apparently I did because when I woke up I was wrapped in Matty's arm pressed between his chest and the back of the couch so there was no where for me to go.

"Matty." I whispered because I found myself really having to pee.

"No." He mumbled and I chuckled, "Matt get up or let me go I gotta pee."

"But its gonna be cold wifout yeh." He said snuggling into me like my threat wasn't serious.

"I'll come back."

"No. Stay." He mumbled into my neck.

"Matty..." I whined and he sighed before letting me go. I crawled over him and ran to the bathroom. Once I came back I checked the clock on the wall it was only 9 in the morning but it was another dark rainy day here so it looked like late evening.

"My fucking face hurts." Matt mumbled.

"Yeah my face would hurt to if I had a face like that."

"Hardy, har, har." He said giving me a glare.

"I like you better when you're sleepy."

"Why?" he asked running his through his hair.

I shrugged, "you're sweet." I stated as I walked to the kitchen to get him some medicine for his pain. I heard his foot steps behind me so I wasn't surprised when I turned around and he was leaned against the counter.

"I'm always sweet ta yeh."

"Ha." I said grabbing his hand and letting two of the pills hit his hand.

"I am." He said seriously as I closed the bottle up and placed it back in the cabinet.

"For the most part."

"Are yeh serious righ' now?" he asked his eyebrows narrowing together.

I shrugged and handed him a bottle of water. He quickly took the medication and sat the water on the counter.

"Can we go back to sleep?"

"I can't believe yeh fink I'm mean ta yeh."

I rolled my eyes, "I didn't say that Matt. Goodnight." I said walking to my room.

"Yeh sort of did."

Of course he couldn't drop it. I climbed into my bed as he stood in my doorway.

"You look like shit." I stated and he glared at me, "Now who's fuckin' mean?"

"Come lay down and shut up." I mumbled turning on my side and closing my eyes as I pulled the cover over me.

"I'm not mean ta yeh." He mumbled as he got into the bed gently.

"I know!" I said loudly.
"'Parently I am and I'm unaware."
"You're not I was just stating you're sweeter sleepy."

He wrapped his arm around me and placed a soft kiss on my nose, "doesn't make meh feel any betta."

"Well forget I said it."

"Can't do that..."

I sighed and traced my finger over his bruised cheek. I wonder what Dan looks like today...

"Thanks Matty. For everything seriously."

"I should be finkin yeh for takin care of meh lass nigh'." He said softly.

"No problem. Partly my fault."

"Was not."
"Yeah. I should have just left." I mean, if I wouldn't have moved in with Matty and just moved away from Dan this wouldn't have happened and Matty wouldn't be hurt right now. So in fact, it was partly my fault and if anything I felt horrible for it.

"You did."

"Shouldn't have involved you like I always do."

"What? Maddie. Look. If I didn't want to be involved I'd tell yeh but yeh my mate and I love yeh so I'd be hurt if yeh didn't drag me inta yeh bullshit."

I chuckled, "if you say so."

"I do. Now I'm prepared for tha mushy stuff so hug meh now and get it ova wif." He mumbled.

I laughed as I wrapped my arms around him.

"I'd hate life here if it wasn't for you." I said and he chuckled, "wouldn't be so bad. Yeh prettah, yeh could make new mates."

"Love how you think it's that easy."

"Yeahhh but eitha way. Yeh stuck wif meh. So no need to fink bout that."

I laughed and kissed his cheek.

"I like being stuck with you."

"Even though I'm mean."

"Matty!" I whined and he grinned, "kiddin, love."

"Ok sleep." I said softly as I closed my eyes and of course it didn't take long for me to drift back to sleep due to his light breathing and the rain hitting the window.
♠ ♠ ♠
AH! Thank you to everyone who has subscribed and Nessajc and Colorful_dinos for commenting! Seriously, makes me feel like a kid on Christmas morning when I get either one!

Enjoy. :)