Status: In Process.

When Keeping It Real Goes Wrong.

The lousy truth.

Why me. Why couldn't her theory be right instead of the fact that when her lips landed on mine it just confirmed my worst fear.

She pulled away and opened her eyes slowly as I tried to regain my composure. I swallowed what I really wanted to say and managed to lie the best I could.

"Yeh right...that worked." I said forcing the most fake grin I could muster up.

She smiled, "see! Told you."

"Gonna stay?" I asked even though at this moment I was unsure if that would be a good idea.

To be clear, I really didn't plan on ever liking her this way. I mean yes, I always thought she was beautiful and just lovely in general. But, I guess her being here everyday made me realize that more and more. Clearly, it wasn't as platonic as I thought or needed it to be.

"Yeah I'll stay."

I smiled, "good."

She walked off I assume to tell Jona and I laid back onto her bed. What was I going to do? She soon enough joined me and laid down beside me.

"Yeh know though...yeh not a bad kissa." I stated and she laughed, "same goes for you."

"Mhm, fanks." I said feeling my face flush.

She giggled and I turned on my side and wrapped my arm around her, pulling her to me. I couldn't help it. I'm stupid...

"You made me sad earlier." She said softly and I frowned, "what? When?"

"I just thought you were saying you wanted me to move out or something..."

"...Seriously?"

She shrugged and I brushed her hair back with my fingers.

"Oh Maddie. Yeh should know betta than that."

"Well I didn't know..."

I smiled softly, "that's a bit insultin."

She gave me a smile before pressing her face into my shirt.

I sighed and played with her hair I was digging myself further into this hole, I could just tell.

"Yeh hungry? We haven't eaten all day." I asked.

"Yeah but what are we going to do? No power."

"Don't undaestimate meh love." I said with a grin as I grabbed her hand and pulled her off the bed. She giggled as I led her into the dark hall way.

"Don't you have a flashlight?"

"Yes dear. In the kitchen."

She clung to me as we walked slowly to the kitchen. Luckily the flashlight was right when we walked in so I didn't have to fumble about for long.

"Now what?"

"Well..." I said walking over and opening the cabinet.

"I fink its clear that we need ta go ta tha grocery store tamorra, love." I said shining the flash light and she laughed as she sat in the kitchen floor.

I sighed as I settled on a box of cheez-its and then grabbed two pepsi cans from the refrigerator.

She laughed, "wow."

"Like I said, I'm not use ta feedin otha people."

"Apparently you don't feed even yourself." She said with a grin as I sat beside her and handed her a drink.

"Usually not."

We sat silently for a while just eating in the dark, the one flashlight I had lighting up the kitchen.

"What are yeh finkin bout?" I asked as she leaned back against the cabinets.

"Dan." She said softly with a fake grin. His name alone made me cringe.

"Oh."

She shrugged and looked down at the can she was holding.

"I know it's hard Maddie. Love doesn't go away at a drop of a hat." I whispered. And I knew that from personal experience all though it had been years since I've experienced love like that, I understood and I hated that she was going through this. I hated it more that it was with an idiot like Dan.

"It just makes you feel like your life with that person was a lie."

I sighed, "Maddie, now that's not true."

"Feels like it." She mumbled.

"Maybeh yeh should talk ta him..."

"What? No. No matter what he says he cheated."

"Yeah. I know. But if he was a normal guy and or didn't love yeh he wouldn't have told yeh tha day afta it happened."

"Are you taking his side?"

"What? Madelynn. No." I said with a sigh. I should have seen that coming.

"No." I said sternly as she looked at me. Trust me, I wasn't. I didn't think that she should be with him at all. She shrugged and I sat my drink down and pulled her to me.

"I juss figuaed if yeh talked ta him yeh would yeh know, get some closua. I'm not sayin to do it. I juss hate seein yeh upset." I whispered kissing her cheek.

"Well, I'm not going to right now."

"Then don't sweetie...not pushin yeh or anyfing but...could yeh steal a flashlight from him...or batteries?..."

She laughed and I gave her a grin, "but no pressure."

"I mean, I can go get one from him without talking to him."

"Yeh don't have ta. Juss know, we might beh sittin in pitch black soon."

"Scared?"

I laughed, "No. But I don't want yeh ta beh."

"Well turn this off incase we need it." She said picking up the flash light and handing it to me. I turned it off causing us to be sitting in pitch black.

"Ok. I'm scared."

I laughed and turned the light back on.

"Come on. We'll go to my room and we can turn this off."

She got up and placed everything on the counter before grabbing my hand. I gave her a grin before tugging her to my room.

"This sucks." She said falling onto my bed and I laid beside her as I turned the flashlight off and sat it on the dresser next to me.

"Feel like we live in the 1800's." I stated and she laughed, "I know. Crap. I got to pee." She said hopping off the bed.

"Want the flashlight?"

She nodded and I turned it on then handed it to her. Having her gone for a moment gave me time to reflect. Ok, so...I liked Maddie? Really?...it was just hard for me to believe probably because it was so odd to view her in that light but, I couldn't deny what I felt. Especially earlier. After a few moments passed I got up to go check on her knowing her she got lost or something. I should give her more credit...

I sighed as I headed down the hall and then ran straight into Maddie causing her to squeal and drop the flashlight which in return made it shut off.

"Matty!" she said and I laughed as I went to fish for the flashlight on the floor.

"Yeh broke it." I said hitting my hand up against the side and getting nothing in return.

"Where were yeh?" I asked giving up on this flashlight coming back on.

"I went to change clothes. Fuck you scared me." She said into my shirt and I chuckled and held her to me.

"Well I wouldn't have came and looked for yeh if I wasn't worried that Dan had broken in and kidnapped yeh." I said running my hand into her hair.

She giggled and I smiled, "Wanna go to Lee and Matt's?"

She nodded and I picked her up. She wrapped her legs around my waist and I walked to her room so she could change once more.

"Wasting my time." I said jokingly and she glared at me. I kissed her nose before letting her down.

"I'm going to go get my shoes." I stated because I knew she was still close to me. My eyes had adjusted to the night pretty well.

"Nooo. Just wait." She said grabbing my hand.

I chuckled, "fine." I sat on the bed and she changed clothes and I tried to stare anywhere but at her. Dark or not I knew what was going on and that made me nervous.

I tapped my foot nervously as I stared at the floor. I was lost in thoughts until she grabbed my hand.

"Come on."

I walked to my room and slid on my shoes then we made our way to the car. Although they only lived 5 minutes away it was pouring raining.

"Why didn't yeh bring an umbrella?" I asked laughing as we reached the guys porch the only thing keeping us dry was our jackets we had grabbed.

"Why the hell would I own one?!"

"I dunno most people here do!"

She laughed as she clung to my arm as I banged on the door impatiently.

The door opened and Lee stood there with a chuckle.

"Finally! Matt is so unprepared at his house." Madelynn said dropping my arm and walking in.

"Wonda when yeh'd come by." He said as I closed the door.

I followed them into the living room and everyone was there including Jona. I pulled off my jacket as Maddie did the same, I held out my hand and she gave me a grin before handing me her coat which I sat in the floor next to the couch before sitting down and pulling her into my lap. The guys had some how managed to scrounge up candles and had them lit around the room like we were about to do a summoning of some sort.

"Yeh two stayin tha night as well?"

"Yeah. Parently Maddie doesn't fink my house is weather appropriate."

"Dude. He had me sitting in the kitchen floor drinking pepsi!"

Jona died out laughing and I rolled my eyes with a grin.

"He's not use to takin care of otha people."

"Oye I take care of yeh idiots all tha damn time."

"Fine let me back track. He's not use ta takin care of a bird. Cause he can't eva keep one."

"Oye!"

"Awe come on. I think he'd be a good boyfriend." Maddie said taking up for me.

"Yeh have ta say that cause yeh livin wif him."

"No she doesn't." I mumbled

She wrapped her arms around my torso and laid her head on my chest. I was praying she couldn't hear how rapidly my heart was beating. I relaxed my arms around her and sighed. Was this going to be my life with her living with me? Maybe I jumped in this too quickly. Then again, these feelings showed up too quickly.
♠ ♠ ♠
Have no fear, I'm not dead. this week has been hectic and then my internet went down for two days. yeah. So I'm sorry! :( I hated not being able to update especially since I've been trying to update every two days! But, I'm back for sure.

Thanks for the comments and subscribing! :)