Status: new story-comments please :)

Those Nights

One Night One Kiss



It was a nice night, a soft warm breeze was blowing and the sky was clear of clouds and the moon and the stars light up the night sky.

Looking at her as we talked I felt something I never felt before, my heart was racing and all I could do was stare into her beautiful face. We talked for a long while, we ended up leaving Kyle's and ended up at a playground. We sat on the swings.

"So how was your first day of school?" I asked her.

She shrugged her shoulders and laughed, "It's high school, what is there to say?"

I laughed, "Yeah you're right, it's pretty bad."

"Well, it does have it's good aspects to it, but why do you think it's bad?" She asked, looking at me curiously.

"I don't know, I mean I like the freedom, hanging out with friends and all, but I don't know...I think it's the girls." I replied. She began laughing.

"So you're saying it's the girls that make this school bad?" She grinned.

"No, it's nothing sexist or anything, I just don't really like the way they act and dress." I chuckled.

"Really? And how do they act and dress? or am I included in that group too?" She lightly laughed.

"Well, they dress so...superficial. I mean I've never seen so much makeup and tighter clothes in all my life." I chuckled.

"It basically looks like it's been painted on?" She chuckled.

"Yeah, and they dress like that so they can get our attention, and they act either dumb or mean." I laughed, "And they have this absurd thought that us guys like that...well, Tommy does, but that's different."

She laughed.

"I just wish they could have at least a little more respect for themselves, I mean if they don't already hold such high airs, but it would just be nice for once if they didn't wear makeup, wore looser more modest clothing, and actually let us get to know them." I continued.

She looked at me for a moment without saying anything, but she had the softest most thoughtful smile on her face. "Wow...I've never heard a guy say stuff like that before...that's so...that's so nice." Her smile turned into a grin.

I blushed and shook my head. "I hope I haven't offended you, this is just how I feel."

"No, no not at all. I think that's such a sweet thing to say." She lightly laughed.

"And to answer your question, you are definitely not one of those girls...you're better and honest and you don't need that life...you're so different and it's a breath of fresh air for me." I smiled, looking into her blue eyes. She blushed and looked down.

She looked back up at me with a smile, "Thank you."

I nodded in reply. She looked off into the distance and then looked back at me. "You know, when we first met today, in Biology...I thought you were kinda cute."

I was shocked. I blushed and laughed. "Really?"

She joined me in laughter and nodded, "Yeah. And I still do, even now."

I was speechless.

"I'm not expecting you to reciprocate, I just couldn't stop thinking about and your smile today." She smiled at me.

"No, I will reciprocate, I've been thinking about you all day too...your blue eyes and your perfect smile...your humour and taste of music...I like you a lot Elizabeth, and I know this is such a forward thing for me to do, or say..." I replied.

She grinned and then began pushing herself higher on the swing. "C'mon, let's see who can do the furthest jump."

I laughed to myself and joined her. When we got higher she counted to three and we both jumped. We fell into the sand. She laughed as she laid on her back. I crawled over to her, resting on my elbow, looking down at her. Her eyes staring curiously and anxiously into mine, she studied my face then gently placed her hand on my face. She smiled.

"This morning I thought to myself, what am I living for? What am I gonna do in my life? For so long I've been searching for a meaning in my life...then I met you." I smiled.

"I'm glad I was here for you." She softly smiled. I carefully placed my hand on her face and slowly lowered my head but hesitated as I looked into her eyes. She smiled and nodded. I closed my eyes and softly pressed my lips to hers. My lips trembled for a moment, but the warmth of her mouth was beautiful. Her lips were perfect; soft and perfect. I lifted my head and smiled down at her.

"Now that's what I call a kiss." She laughed. I laughed too.

"You're a silly girl." I chuckled.
♠ ♠ ♠
if you haven't already checked out the music, do it! i wrote this chapter based on this song :)

comments please:) i'd like to know how i'm doing