Status: new story-comments please :)

Those Nights

Orange Julius



The next week I was once again staring into my locker and once again Tommy slammed the door shut.

"So, get any last night?" He grinned, using his usual conversation starter.

"No Tommy." I clenched my teeth.

"What's up with you today man? Bad hangover?" He chuckled.

I sighed and nodded. "Yeah." It was a lie. "I've gotta go." During this week Elizabeth and I had hardly spoke, although she remained her cheerful self, I still couldn't help but feel guilty. For what? I don't exactly know, but I'm about to go find out. I  walked as fast as I could almost running to her locker. The bell rang just as I saw her shutting her locker door, about to leave. I sprinted toward her and called out her name, I stopped her in her tracks.

"Elizabeth, we need to talk." I panted. She softly smiled.

"Maybe later Will, I've gotta get to class." She half-smiled.

I stood in front of her. "No, Elizabeth. We haven't talked in a week since that night we kissed. I need to tell you I'm sorry if I offended you in anyway. And I also need to tell you that I think we were rushing things. I mean I feel like a hypocrite, telling you what I think about these girls and then I kiss you, NOT saying that you're one of them, but I shouldn't have kissed you so early in our relationship. I'd rather get to know you first and have us be friends, but if you don't even want a relationship then I'll respect your decision, but Elizabeth I really like you and I think you're an amazing girl, but if I hurt you or offended you, I'm so sorry." I ended my ramble with more panting.

Her half-smile formed into a grin as she began laughing, "Oh Wills, did you think I was mad at you?"

I hesitated to reply, then nodded. "Yeah..."

"Oh Will I'm sorry that you've been thinking that, I just haven't been very talkative because the morning after that night, well, my mom called me and told me she was getting married again. I've been really down because of that..." She looked down.

"Elizabeth, I'm sorry you're feeling this way." I replied.

She nodded. "You wanna go for a walk? I don't really wanna go to Social." She looked up at me, her blue eyes looking lighter in the sunlight.

I smiled. "I have a better idea, let's go for a drive. We can go get an Orange Julius, my treat."

She lightly laughed and nodded. "Okay." She put her books back in her locker and we left to my car.

Orange Julius parking lot

"Pumped Up Kicks" by Foster the People played from her ipod on the speakers of my car. We wore sunglasses and sipped our drinks as we sat in the car in the parking lot. We were singing along and playfully joking with each other.

"So, you're not looking forward to your mom's marriage?" I asked her.

She shook her head, "It's nothing to do with her, but her boyfriend...fiance, is the cocky, know-it-all type, with three teenage daughters. I guess they'd be the replacement children. And the thing is, I don't see what she sees in him. I mean, it's like she thinks he's the coolest thing since sliced bread, but he's not. And my dad...I just feel terrible. He's trying his best not to let it show, but he's really not happy about it. And to top that all off, he's taking care of the 6 of us and she's not even making an effort to help him...I mean, yeah, three of us are adults already, but I just wish I could do something to help him get over this."

I nodded and sighed, "You know, the best sort of support is just letting him know that you feel the same way and that you're there for him. I mean, you love your dad a lot, and you know, him knowing that his five daughters and one son are there for him, I mean, that's what I call support."

She turned to look at me and softly smiled. "Thanks Will. You're so sweet. So understanding."

I smiled back.

"And, I'd like for us to be friends...maybe we could even start a relationship when we're ready." She spoke.

"Really?" I asked. She nodded. I smiled, "That's really cool. I'd like that."

"But first, before anything, I need to know what your last name is." She chuckled.

I laughed. "Darcy."

"William Darcy." She spoke, almost in a sing-song tone.

"And Elizabeth Bennett." I smiled.

"I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship." She grinned. We both started laughing.
♠ ♠ ♠
hello my darlings, sorry I haven't updated in a while! got so busy with other things this week!

Comments please :D