Status: new story-comments please :)

Those Nights

Skateboarding

We were near the school's skatepark during our lunch hour, I was trying to teach Elizabeth to skateboard.

I held her as she stood on the board. I was instructing her as to what to do, "Okay, see underneath the board? The wheels are screwed in and you can see where their bolted on top. Place your feet on them, just so it evens out your weight, because if you tried to do a kickflip and landed in the middle you could risk snapping the board in half."

She looked over her shoulder at me with a raised eyebrow, "Are you trying to tell me something?"

I laughed and shook my head, "Just do as I say. Okay, so with your right foot you're gonna push yourself along, and keep your body straight, don't lean forward unless you wanna do a face plant." I chuckled, letting go of her.

"Can you hold my hand?" She laughed. I held her hand as she pushed herself along.

"Do you think you can make it on your own if I let go?" I grinned. She nodded and replied, "I think so." I let go of her and she continued pushing herself along as I followed.

"How do I turn?" She asked.

"Slightly move your body and feet to the direction you want." I replied.

She was having trouble moving, so she ended up jerking the board too much which made the board fly out from underneath her, causing her to fall off the sidewalk. We both burst out into laughter as I jogged over to her to help her up.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"I'm not sure, take a look at this." She chuckled, holding her knee. "Ow, it's really starting to hurt now."

I gasped, kneeling down slightly freaking out, "Oh man, that looks really bad. I think we need to go to the hospital. Do you think you can stand or walk?"

She smiled as her eyes stared into mine, "You're really concerned." She chuckled.

"I'm sorry, I should've been holding onto you. I'm sorry." I looked down.

"No it's not your fault, it's just a simple accident. It can happen to any klutz." She laughed. "But I don't know if I can walk."

"Well here, let me help you up." I wrapped an arm around her and pulled her up to her feet. She tried to take a step on her own but winced from the pain as her leg gave out.

"Here." I smiled softly as I picked her up.

"Are you sure? If my weight can snap a board in half what if I break your back?" She chuckled. I laughed as I began walking, "You're as light as a feather."

She smiled, wrapping her arms around me. I walked us across the school grounds, getting some crazy looks from people passing by. Daniel saw us and came running over, "Elizabeth, what happened?" He asked in a somewhat panicked tone.

"Will pushed me off a skateboard." She joked. I laughed and shook my head.

"No, I fell off a skateboard and got my knee pretty bad." She replied.

"Are you gonna go to the hospital?" He asked.

"Yeah, I was just taking her to my car." I replied.

"Oh don't worry, I'll take her, she's my responsibility." He replied.

"Well at least let me take her to your vehicle." I smiled, we began walking to the parking lot. Daniel ran to his car and opened the door, waiting for me to place Elizabeth inside.

"Thanks Will." She smiled thoughtfully as she sat inside the vehicle.

"Yeah man, thank you for taking care of her." Daniel gave me a bro shake before he ran to the other side of the car.

"I'll visit you later alright?" I smiled at Elizabeth.

"I'll be waiting." She smiled softly.

I shut the door and watched them drive away.
♠ ♠ ♠
What do you think?

Will and Elizabeth's Outfits