La Dama Muerte

Right into Her Grasp

“Hello Mr. Gray,” She said with a little head bow. James stood behind her and showed no emotion towards the boys. He had to keep a distance from Death’s work. All he could do was look at them. He saw the flawless boy behind Mark who looked at Death with eager eyes. “You must be Dorian,” She said. How she knew his name, no one knew. James saw the boy’s knee’s bend and his eyes flutter. He chuckled.

“Call me Mark,” The victim stated simply. Death nodded and her polite smile couldn’t fade away. James saw both of them trying their hardest to look through her veil. Dorian especially.

“Mmm, Dorian, I fear your stare is making me feel quite uncomfortable,” Death taunted. He blinked and turned away blushing furiously and muttered and apology. James tapped his foot impatiently waiting for Mark to die. “Mark, my dear, let’s have a quiet talk behind that screen no?” Mark’s and James’ face filled with excitement. Dorian thought he wasn’t invited until Death wrapped an arm around his. James had to follow too.

People were already in the small room, giving each other doses of Heroine and sniffing cocaine. James sensed Dorian tense. He was still innocent. “Dorian, darling!” Some of the intoxicated girls yelled happily. Hannabelle watched amusingly as she urged Mark to give the cocaine a try.

James shook his head in shame at how this would end.

Hannabelle and James excused themselves early telling Dorian their reason because Mark was so caught up in the drugs. Dorian was getting more and more fearful at how much he was sniffing in. He noticed the smug smile on Hannabelle’s face as Mark took in more and more. “Mark I think you should quit for now,” He said with a hint of concern.

Mark befriended even more people in the small room. Everyone carried on with the drugs as if it was a daily routine. Dorian wanted nothing more but to leave. “What? Too hip to even clean your nose out now?” Some of the guys said punching Mark jokingly. Mark hunched over, his eyes closed.

“Mark!” Dorian cried out. He shook his shoulder but he didn’t move. Dorian did the obscene and checked his neck for a pulse. He felt nothing. The little room had gone silent, until one of the girls screamed loudly and everybody rushed out. Dorian backed out on the wall, tears trailing down his flawless cheeks.