Love Is Such a Crazy Thing

Making Her World Better.

Monday morning,

I pulled up to work talking on the phone to Asia who was going to be my lawyer during my divorce proceedings.

"I really think you should send him the papers first." Asia said.

"Okay, well we need to have a meeting right? You can help me get the paperwork together." I said.

"You are my big sister of course." She said.

"So, I think I have an amazing sister and I need to treat you to dinner tonight. What do you say?" I asked.

"Mike and I are doing a big dinner tonight because he bought another gym." She said.

"Aww, that's awesome."I got out of the car and closed the door. "I'm about to head into work. Tell Mike congrats and I will see you guys later."

"Maybe you should come out to dinner with us." She suggested.

"No, you two enjoy your night together. I'll just cook a little bit of something." I was starting to feel lonely of course.

"Okay sis."

"Okay bye." I said as I hung up the phone and walked into the building. I saw Daniel getting out of his car. I slipped on my shades and walked to the building.

***

A few days later,

I was sitting in my office reading a manuscript and waiting on a call back from this amazing author that I was looking to bring to our company. My intercom went off.

"Mrs. Wright, there is a courier here." Lynn's voice came over the intercom.

"Okay, I'll be right there." I slipped on my Louboutins and got up. As I walked out of the office to see what the courier wanted, I was hoping it was another great manuscript.

"Mrs. Wright?" She asked.

"That's me." I said as Daniel walked out of his office. It finally hit me that he was still attractive if not even more. The courier handed me something to sign and I did. She handed over the thick envelope. I smiled and walked back into my office.

I got my letter opener and made a slit along the width. I took the papers out and the words at the top of the page devastated me.

Decree of Divorce

I flipped through it and saw his signature on the last page. I leaned back and closed my eyes trying to blink back tears. He really didn't want to be with me. I knew the papers were coming but the fact that they showed up hurt me worse than anything. There came a soft knock at my door.

"Come in." Daniel walked in.

"Hey." He said.

"Hey." I could feel the lump in the back of my throat. I cleared my throat.

"I came to check up on you. You look like your world just ended." He said.

"It did." I put the papers down. "My husband just sent me divorce papers."

"Man, I'm sorry Nikki Do you want to take the rest of the days off?" He asked.

"No, I don't want to be alone at that place." I sighed.

"Fine, put your shoes on and let's go have lunch." He said.

"I don't know if that good idea. Don't you have a girlfriend?" I asked.

"Actually, she's my fiancee." He said.

"Wow." I said.

"Yeah, so how about that lunch?" He asked.

"Yeah sure." I grabbed my things including my cellphone and got up to go to restaurant with it.

***

We arrived to lunch and were seated in a booth and I was wondering how I was going to make it through this drastic change that was about to occur. I actually zoned out.

"Hey, what type of wine would you like?" Daniel asked.

"Anything red." I said snapping out of my trance.

"You ended up married anyways. I knew you wouldn't stay single for long." He said.

"Yeah, I met Derek a year and a half after moving back." I said.

"No children?" he asked.

"No, he wasn't ready for kids even though I want a big family." I said.

"Why not have kids?" He asked me.

"He felt as if kids would be a major distraction from his career."

"That's selfish." He said.

"Yeah, and what about you?" I asked.

"As you know I'm engaged. Her name is Miliani and she's a model. I met her about three years ago."

"No kids?" I asked.

"No, not yet Miliani and I have been discussing it and once her career slows down we will try." He said.

"That's good." I nodded feeling slightly jealous.

"Yeah, it's okay." He said.

"When's the wedding?" I asked.

"In five months." He said.

"Wow, that's going to be here soon." I said.

"Yeah." He said and I could tell he wasn't that excited.

"That's good." I said while swallowing my pride.

***

After lunch we were walking back to the office.

"I'm not going to lie, I missed you." He said.

"What?" I stopped.

"You were my bestfriend and every friend that I had ever had didn't get me like you did."

"Same here. I'll see little things that we had inside jokes about and I could never call you. It kind of hurt." I said.

"Well here I am and hopefully we can be friends." He said.

"Me too." I smiled.

We entered the building and went back to work.
♠ ♠ ♠
Nikki

Subscribe and comment?