Love Is Such a Crazy Thing

Falling Right Back In Old Habits

After tying up loose ends in New York temporarily which meant that the divorce was on hold for a little bit since I had a lot to think about and I was needed in California, we pushed back the court date which made Derek happy but I didn't know if the divorce was what I wanted since now we've talked and worked things out somewhat to be civil to one another. I finally arrived to California a day later than originally planned. Derek was a hit at the first seminar and he just wanted some support and someone he knew would work hard so I still came. I arrived at the hotel to check in which I couldn't believe how wonderful this hotel was. My old boss would pick a shabby hotel that whoever he took with him would share a room to and he would hit on the person if it was a female.

"Mrs. Wright here is your room key." The front clerk said and I looked at the top of the key it said Presidential Suite.

"Um, I think there has been a mistake." I said.

"No ma'am the room was booked by Daniel Franklin?" She asked.

"That's right." I said.

"This is the room booked." She said.

"Okay, thank you." I said with a smile and turned on my heels and turned around to walk to the elevator with the bellhop following behind me.

Once I got to the room, I opened the door to see Daniel standing there. I looked at the room number and the key wondering if they gave me the wrong key. He turned around on the phone and smiled holding up his finger.

"Miliani, if you keep changing the budget then I'm just going to have to call off this wedding because I won't be able to pay for it." He said looking upset.

I could hear her yelling at him in the background.

"Yeah, look either you fix it or forget it okay?" He said before hanging up and I cocked an eyebrow at him.

"Am I in the wrong room?" I asked.

"No, actually it has three so I booked it to save money, I hope that's fine." He said.

"That's cool. Sorry I walked in." I said as I moved to the side for the guy to drop off my luggage in the front. I grabbed my purse and got a tip out for him.

"Thank you." I said giving him the money.

"No problem." He smiled. "Have a nice day." He said as he left.

"So, which room is mine?" I asked.

"That one." He pointed out the room and I smiled.

"Thanks." I got a few pieces of my luggage and walked to the room. I put my things on the floor and looked out of the window. I've been to San Francisco plenty of times but I never saw it from this light. The view was breathtaking.

"Wow." I said with a large smile on my face. I heard Daniel behind me and he walked over to the bed and put my things on the bed as I turned around to face him.

"Here ya go." He said.

"Thank you." I smiled brightly and walked over unlatching my small case.

"So, I wanted to ask you. Would you like to speak at tomorrows conference?" He asked.

"Really?" I asked.

"Yes, you are brilliant especially from what you wrote for me." He said.

"Thank you and sure." I smiled.

"No problem." He said. "I'm about to order room service in would you like to send out for something?"

"Um, sure do you have a menu?" I asked.

"Yeah. Come on." He lead me to the other room and we placed our orders with plenty of drinks.

***

After dinner, we were sitting around just having a nice conversation while drinking wine.

"So, how was your flight?" He asked.

"It was 4 hrs and 50 mins of boring but it was okay." I said.

"Good." He said.

"It's just weird to be here with you and know you are getting married." I said.

"What do you mean?" He asked.

"I just never thought you would come to New York." I said as I got up. I was little tipsy so I know I was about to say something that I would regret.

"What do you mean?" He asked sipping his wine.

"Back when we were together and I was offered my job you let me go without even talking with me when I wanted to." I said as I took my plate to the kitchen area.

"Are you pissed off or something?" He asked.

"No, I just don't understand why you couldn't come with me then?" I asked and turned to face him.

"As much as I loved you I didn't want you to give up the greatest job opportunity that was being offered to you at the time just so that late on you could resent me. I never wanted to hurt you." He said standing up.

"Yeah right." I said."And what's so different now?" I asked.

"I was offered this opportunity to come here and make more money." He said.

"Whatever. Well I'm going to bed." I said as I walked past him. When I got past him I walked into my room and grabbed my bed clothes. I walked into the bathroom and closed that door behind me. I couldn't believe I just put myself out there like that.

After my nice and relaxing shower I walked out fluffing my almost dry hair. I stopped sharp when I saw Daniel sitting on my bed drinking a scotch.

"Get out." I said.

"No, we need to finish this conversation." He said as I walked past him and grabbed a hair clip. I clipped my hair up and I turned around crossing my arms over my chest.

"What do you want to talk about?" I asked.

"Are you pissed off at me for staying back in Florida?" He asked.

"Yes." I said.

"Well I wasn't the only one who had a decision to make. Before you left I actually talked to my boss and got you a job back in Florida but you made the decision to go before really talking to me so I'm not the only one at fault. If I would've uprooted my life in Florida to come to New York I would've had to start over and I didn't see any point in it." He said and that hit me hard.

"In other words I wasn't worth it." I said.

"I didn't say that." he answered.

"But that's what you meant." I could feel the tears falling down my cheeks. He stood up and walked over.

"It wasn't and don't cry." He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me to him for a hug.

I continued to cry against him and he stroked my hair. When I felt better I pulled away.

"I'm sorry." I said and he grabbed my face giving me a kiss. I wanted to pull away so badly but I couldn't. He let out a low growl and picked me up. I wrapped my legs around his waist as he walked over to the bed and laid me down. He grabbed the hem of my shorts and pulled them down along with my underwear. He came back up to kiss me as he unbuttoned him pants.

"I miss this. I miss you." He moaned against me as he pushed inside of me.

"Fuck!" I let out a moan and reached over to grip the sheets.

"God, you feel so good." He said.

***

I was laying next to him and he was stroking my back. For a minute there I felt like we were back in Miami but I knew this was wrong.

"Daniel, this isn't good. Please get out." I said as I sat up and covered myself.

"What?" He asked confused.

"No, this isn't right. You are getting married and I'm questioning my divorce. I need you to get out."

"Fine." He said looking upset.

After he left I plopped back down on the pillow feeling like crying.

What the hell have I done?