Status: New ; Comment? (:

Immortalized

School Blues

It was Monday and Melissa was ready for school. Her hair was perfectly straight, her makeup was perfect, and her outfit was presentable. She was ready to go. She had taken the bus and right away people were staring at her, although no one had been brave enough to talk to her yet.
Nicole had met her once she got off the bus and she was quick to show her around. They had visited all of her classes before school had started, so when it did, she knew exactly where to go.
In first period, a boy sat beside her with dark red hair and dark green eyes. He looked her over curiously and she stared back at him. He blushed.
"I'm sorry, I don't believe we've met before. I'm Steven." She smiled politely at him, but she had no intentions of being anything more than aquaintances.
"I'm Melissa. Yeah, I just transferred here from Westwood, actually," Melissa replied and he nodded his head with a smile. She could tell just by looking at him he was debating whether or not he stood a chance with her. That was a no.
The rest of her classes passed by quickly, with a few friendly faces greeting her. At lunch, however, she chose to sit with Nicole and Leah, a girl in her art class. Leah was the type who always had her head in the clouds. Melissa could certainly relate, the clouds were sometimes better than reality.
"Hey Mel, how was classes so far?" Nicole greeted her. Apparently they were on a nickname basis. She smiled a little. She liked the sound of that.
"It was pretty good Nicki, I met some kid named Steven in first period, he was kind of odd," Melissa replied and Nicole laughed.
"Steven? Steven Schwards?" She shook her head. "He's always been a little awkward. I have library with him. He's alright, compared to most of the boys here."
The thing was, Melissa wasn't that interested in dating right now. She usually dated a few guys per year, but something had changed, along with the death of her parents. She just wasn't interested in seeing someone. But she didn't want her friends to know, to treat her differently. It was just the way she was.
"That's good. I haven't really seen anyone who caught my eye though," she said with a shrug, digging into her spaghetti. It was a little cold and didn't have much flavor, but she busied herself with it anyways.
"Well Nicole's eye is caught just perfectly," Leah informed her and Nicole blushed.
"Shush! It's just a little crush, really," she told Melissa. "Just a fantasy, not a reality."
Melissa raised an eyebrow.
"She has a crush on Mr. Kinnson," Leah said with a smirk. Melissa was a little surprised at that. Mr Kinnson, the latin teacher, didn't seem the type for Nicole. He had to be in his late 20's, and he had a beard in need of a trim.
"Everytime I see him, my heart swoons with passion for him," Nicole said with a dreamy sigh. Leah shook her head.
"Women," she told Melissa and they started giggling. How normal she felt, surrounded by friends, discussing boys.
The lunch period was over, and Melissa headed back to the fast pace of high school.
After school, Melissa was sitting upstairs, watching tv. She was watching a teen drama, her guilty pleasure. She was just getting into it when there was a knock at the door. She sighed and hurried to answer it.
She figured it was a door to door salesman, or with any luck, Nicole or Leah. She opened the door and was surprised at what she saw.
A tall man with black hair and light brown eyes was standing there, staring back at her. He made her heart skip a beat. He was gorgeous.
"I'm sorry, I was looking for Gabriel, is he here by any chance?" The man asked and she shook her head.
"No, he's not. If you want, I'll take a message," she offered. "I'm his cousin, Melissa."
Something changed in the mans' eyes and he smiled. "Very well. No it's fine, thank you, just tell him I came by. I'm Adrian, by the way." He added. Adrian, very cute.
"He's probably not going to be back for another hour or so, he said he gets back around five," she replied with a shrug. He nodded.
"It's quite alright, this is what I expected anyways. I would've went to the office but you know," he shrugged. "Anyways, thanks for your time." He turned to go.
"Wait! Uh, do you want something before you leave? If you want, you can wait here for him," Melissa tried to maintain her composure, but he just smiled.
"No thanks, Melissa, I'd best be on my way. I have a busy schedule. I look forward to seeing you again soon," Adrian winked at her and she smiled.
"Same here," she replied, and blushed. It sounded so dorky coming from her. "I hope I see you soon."
He paused for a moment. "If that is what you want," he said simply. With that, he got in his car and drove away, Melissa's eyes following him into the distance.
♠ ♠ ♠
Things are about to get interesting.
<3