Status: New ; Comment? (:

Immortalized

No Options

When Gabriel got back, Adrian was still on Melissa's mind. He spoke so old fashioned. He had to be in his early twenties, which meant he was dateable. He was a friend of Gabriel's, so that was a good thing.
But what did he mean, if that's what she wanted? Of course it was. But did that mean he was attracted to her as well? Her mind swimming with thoughts, she didn't even notice Gabriel walk in.
"Hey Mel, how was school?" He asked, sitting on the bed. She jumped a little.
"Oh, it was great. I made some nice friends. But your friend came by, Adrian," she told him. His face changed just as much as Adrian's had.
"Oh really? What did he say?" Gabriel asked, his voice at an odd tone.
Melissa shrugged. "Not much. He just wanted me to tell you he came by. I told him he could wait for you, but he was in a hurry for something."
"Oh, alright. Well I'm glad you told me, I'll make sure to see him right away," he replied, standing up.
"Well, what's the deal with him? He seems a little..." she struggled for a word. "Old fashioned."
Gabriel laughed. "That's just him. Even at 19, he's as old fashioned as ever. I think it just makes him smoother with the ladies."
It certainly made him smooth with her. "Oh, I see. I think we all should hang out sometime," Melissa replied, trying to avoid his gaze. She didn't want him to think she was just some airheaded girl with a silly crush
"That's a great idea. He likes making new friends, I'm sure he'll love you," Gabriel said with a shrug, leaning back.
Melissa nodded. "Yeah, he seemed nice enough."
"Well, I'm gonna make the plans now, so if you'll excuse me," Gabriel had the phone up to his ear and walked out. Melissa laid down in bed with a dreamy sigh. If only Adrian would be Mr. Right, she'd be happy.
She woke up later and tried to shake the sleep away. She walked out of her room and to the top of the stairs when she heard voices.
"How could you let a human stay with you, Gabriel? Even if it is your cousin." It was Adrian.
"Oh come on, I'm all she has left, I don't care if we are cursed, she isn't staying alone." It was Gabriel.
"Oh please, she's not alone. She has family. Besides, she'd only get in the way. Unless.." Gabriel interrupted Adrian.
"No, there's no way I'm turning her into a vampire!" Gabriel spoke over Adrian and she gasped. They got instantly silent. She got afraid that they'd discover her and kill her. She started to turn when Gabriel and Adrian were instantly beside her. She jumped back.
"Listen, Melissa, we're not gonna harm you," Gabriel warned her cautiously. Her eyes darted bewteen the pair.
"Yeah, we're the good guys," Adrian added and she didn't know what to make of all this.
"Look, remember that summer we vacationed at camp?" Gabriel asked. Slowly, she nodded.
"I got turned then." He turned to look at Adrian. Adrian looked back and sighed.
"I was seduced. A vampire temptress, go figure," he shook his head. "Never again."
"So, if you guys are vampires, how are you out in the morning?" Melissa asked cautiously.
"Well, we're daywalkers. We have the skills to be alive in the sunlight," Adrian said with a smirk. Melissa shook her head at his cockiness.
"So, what happens to me?" She asked casually.
They exchanged a look.
"It's simple really," Adrian told her, walking closer. "You get turned into a vampire."
♠ ♠ ♠
(; ooh, interesting.