What Kind of World Do You Want?

Edward

“Run retard!”

Their yells echoed off the trees in the forest. Edward was running as fast as he could, with tears strolling down his eyes from the fear of them catching up to him.

“We’re gunna get you, you fucking idiot!”

The teenage adolescent boys laughed and kept chasing after him. Edward was only ten years old. The boys came from the school he was going to, they were in the eighth grade and had been teasing him of his learning disability and stutter ever since he went there.

“Olly, olly, oxen free!” they shout just behind Edward as he is running.

Edward tripped and fell over a branch on the ground. He whimpered and staggered to his feet, but it was too late; the boys had caught up to him.

“He-he-he-hey ju-ju-nior!” one of the boys said mockingly.

“Awe, look at the poor baby crying! Does the baby need his blanket?” another boy said as they all began to laugh. Edward tried running again, but another boy caught him and shoved him to the ground.

“Where the fuck do you think you’re goin?” the boy that had caught him yelled, “I aint done with you yet.” All of the other boys snickered as one of the kids came up to him.

“You look thirsty there kid, want something to drink?” The young boy unzipped his pants and started to pee all over Edward. They all laughed, while Edward was now curled up in a ball. The boy had finished and zipped up his pants. “C’mon guys, we don’t need to waste anymore time on this God damn retard anymore,” the boy said and spit on Edward. They all headed out laughing and Edward could hear them mocking him of his stutter as they disappeared into the woods. Edward was even more scared now. He ventured too far into the woods and was lost. All he could remember was that he ran from those boys and tried to hide in the woods, but they followed him there. He ventured further in to the point where he couldn’t remember where he came from. It was getting colder out and he was too afraid to move anywhere. Edward fell asleep.