What Kind of World Do You Want?

Samantha

The bell rang and it was finally the end of the day. Going to school was a drag and full of losers, or so Samantha Bell thought. The only thing she looked forward to was going to hang out with friends and shopping, everything else was pointless.

“Hey Sam, going to the party this weekend?” John Cruzo asked as he passed her in the hallway.

“You bet,” she smiled and winked back. Her friends came up to her giggling.

“Oh my God, you have got to be the luckiest girl in the world,” her friend Amy said. Amy was Samantha’s best friend for the past two months, only because Samantha goes through best friends as she does clothes. Amy was nothing like Samantha, but put on an act just to be cool and not get on her bad side. To be on Samantha’s bad side meant total rejection from the entire school, that you would become the outcast.

“You know it,” Samantha smiled at her. “He is totally going to be mine after this weekend…” Amy giggled and followed Samantha like a lost puppy dog, “… but for now, to find the perfect outfit and you know what that means…”

“Shopping!” they both exclaimed.

“Come by my house in an hour and I will be ready,” Samantha said.

“I will be there!” Amy replied and ran off excitedly.

Samantha put her books away and started to head out when Anthony Thomas accidentally bumped into her. His books went flying to the ground and Samantha yelled at him, “Watch where you’re going, are you stupid or something?” Anthony Thomas was Edward Thomas’ older brother.

“I would but your big head kind of got in my way. Why don’t you try and let all of that air out of it sometime?” he retorted back.

Samantha stomped her feet and power walked away, every step pleading for the attention for everyone to look at how she was a ‘victim’. Samantha left the school building and got in her car, a red corvette that her parents bought for her. On her way out she saw a group of boys from her grade school that always adored her every step. Slowing the car down beside them they all became excited and the admiration came pouring back.

“Hey boys!” Samantha said knowing that she would have their full attention, “You mind doing me a favor?”

“Anything, anything at all Samantha!” one of the boys exclaimed as the others agreed.

“I was totally humiliated by Anthony Thomas… you know, Edward Thomas’ brother? I just feel so upset that he treated me so badly.”

“Yeah, we know the retard’s brother. No problems Samantha, we will send a message to him…”

“Oh, thanks! I owe you one,” she winked and drove away.

The boys then went looking for Edward Thomas and found him. That is when they chased him through the woods. When the boys emerged from the forest, they saw Anthony Thomas walking on his way home.

“Hey, Anthony!” one of them yelled. “You know you should try and treat Samantha better and we will try our best to treat Eh-Eh-Edward better!” The boys all laughed and ran off. Anthony knew something bad had happened and started to run towards home.