Put an X on the Floor

From the Zones

The sun shone down on the dry desert. Sweat trickled down the necks of anyone unfortunate to be out in the open with no shelter. Sunscreen was a thing of the past that no longer existed which made it easy to be struck down with desert fever. Most cases had the unfortunate soul become too dehydrated for anyone to do anything but just watch as they died.

To the Far East lay Battery City, a city beautifully kept with the perfection of law abiding citizens. The temperature never strayed too high nor did it stray too low; it stayed constantly warm with a hint of coolness whenever the summer seasons were due to roll around. Of course the city didn't have the actual weather like the desert did - God no, it's the most well kept city that there is. To be fair, it is the main city of the world. On the outskirts of the town, however, was the place that had the weather much like the desert did.

It was where the toll booths and Main Headquarters of Better Livings were. The Headquarters building was a wide and tall building with a smooth strip up the middle that held the trademark black BL/ind words and the logo of the black smiley. It's the heart of the BL/ind operation - such operation that has been in motion for almost six years now.

Opposite Battery City, to the Far West lay the exact dry desert that is opposed to Battery City. This desert consisted of four zones, the four zones that have the necessaries to survive in. The six other zones lay between this strip of desert and Battery City. These zones are what started this whole story and quite possibly, will be what ends this story.

There are the bad guys and the good guys in this story but all isn't what it seems and taking sides won't do anyone any good.

These are the Danger Days and no one is to be trusted. Such a shame that it was a lesson that got learnt a bit too late.
♠ ♠ ♠
This could be one of the last stories I post on Mibba. I'm still unsure. Either way enjoy this even though it's not one of the normal ones with romance - in fact this probably won't have any romance in. If it does, then it'll just be subtle and most probably end sad. Much like all my other work on here.