Put an X on the Floor

From the Zones

Lets go back to that fella a few words back. Show Pony. Contrary to popular belief around the zones, he actually wasn't born in Battery City. In fact before the great fires happened he hadn't lived anywhere near the zones, previously named California.

Not much is known about him and his age is certainly one thing that isn't known. He claims to not recall just how old he is but states that it is around the mid twenties area. Party Poison knows full well that he did lie about his age and this makes him more wary about him.

Dr. Death Defying lets the lie slide. He knows full well that this Show Pony isn't as old as he says but he never says anything about it. He stays with him so what is the real point?

Now there's a short saying in the zones that if someone hides a lot of them from others then that means that they probably will be safe but you got to be wary. It's a saying that confuses Show Pony somewhat because he thinks that if someone keeps a lot from the people they know then they can't be trusted. Simple as.

Of course if people listen to the saying then Dr. Death wouldn't have Show Pony with him right now and the kid, undoubtedly, would be dead.

Another body that would rot away in the desert. No one to worry about where he is because he recalls saying that he has no family. While this is true it also lingers a bit of false in.

You see, family doesn't always mean the people who you are related to by blood or even by marriage, oh no, family can mean something as simple as someone who you wander the desert with.

Like the Fabulous Killjoys, for instance. They are thought of as brothers because they've been together for years and they'll forever be together until they're all dead.

Now Dr. Death isn't a stupid fella. He may be in a wheelchair but that doesn't mean nothing when it comes to that guy. Despite the fact that he trusts Show Pony it didn't stop him looking up everything he could about the guy. Of course not just him, obviously, but his way of looking up things about him was by gaining favours from other Killjoys who owe him one from the time he decided to help them.

It wasn't just the Fabulous Killjoys who helped people in the zones, you know.

So unbeknown to Party Poison and co, Show Pony is actually someone Dr. Death knows quite a lot about. And unbeknown to Show Pony, Dr. Death knows his secret.

The thing that worries him, though, is the fact that Show Pony could quite possibly be on the Battery City exterminate list. Despite claims that he has never done anything in the desert, Dr. Death knows the truth.

Sometimes the truth can be the worst thing to know.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, so I guess I shouldn't have said Happy New Year's Eve last night because I'm sure most people only count it as today. But whatever, I said it then because that's what I do.
And poor Jet Star in the last chapter. Such a shame. :/