Put an X on the Floor

From the Zones

"I had no choice," she pleads, hoping to gain some time to explain the circumstances to the three angry men. "It's what I'm designed for!"

Party Poison stops what he is doing, turns to the girl and slaps her around the face. She instantly shuts up, knowing that a slap to the face is the least of her worries. "You killed our brother so why should we listen to you?" he spits.

"I didn't, I swear!" Something that should had come as a surprise to the three Killjoys is the fact that she has tears stinging at her eyes, threatening to fall. However, it didn't because their brother was dead and they knew that his death came from her.

Fun Ghoul, growing tired of her talk, leaves the room they are in, goes into one of their backrooms, roots around for something before going back into the room. The girl sees that in his hand is a pair of pliers and she knows what he wants to use them to do. "No, no, please. Don't deactivate me. You don't know what it's like," she begs, her tears now fall down her face but still remains ignored.

Party Poison put his hand on Fun Ghoul's arm to stop him. He turns to the girl. "Why did you take Misery's name?" he asks.

"They told me to. Please, I only take order. They own my identity," she babbles and it becomes clear that she isn't fully controlled. Party Poison drops Fun Ghoul's arm and steps forward to the chair they have her bound in. He crouches down so that he is eye level with her.

"How old are you?" he asks.

"Nin--," she starts but is cut off by him.

"No, not how old Misery is, how old you are." She goes blank for a moment, her tears lay fresh on her face. It has been a long time since she has been allowed to access her old thoughts.

"Fourteen," she whispers, eyes wide. Party Poison nods. He believes her because he can see that she isn't old enough to be the age Misery Gasoline is.

Kobra Kid just stands by the door, silent like ever and eyes on the sight in front of him. Fun Ghoul is practically the same way except he has pliers in his hand and he isn't by the door.

"What happened to Misery?" Party Poison asks even though he knows the truth. Of course he knows the truth, it is why he knew that she wasn't her when he first saw her.

She had been altered to look the spit of Misery Gasoline but it was clear that she just wasn't her. "They ghosted her after extracting the information from her," the girl told him which had him nod once.

He knew something like that would have happened but he also knew that she wouldn't have told them the secret. That was the one thing that they were all willing to die for. Of course they were willing to die for one another but the secret was more.

Party Poison stood up from where he was crouched, gave her one look over before he gave a nod to Fun Ghoul and left the room, Kobra Kid behind him.

All that was heard from the room was the girl's screams before a small click and then total silence.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I go back to school tomorrow (Tuesday) so that means no two am updates in my delirious state. Though today is three am but that was due to a film.